R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2003, 04:30 PM   #376
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

F1RL Racers,

This Saturday will be the last and final round of the F1RL Championship, which will be held at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo. The race will be free and I will update the F1RL website with an approximate time table and more information.

Thanks,

Steve Wang
F1RL Commissioner
www.f1rl.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:31 PM   #377
Tech Adept

Default Re: 3Racing/Eagle chassis images

Quote:
Originally posted by chiplouie
Hi All,

Just incase you missed them, sorry for the dust on the car, it was really windy and I was shooting outdoors under a tree and stuff kept falling on the car! These are 1024x768 images that are as highly compressed as I could make them and not lose much image quality so please view them full screen if possible. Enjoy the pix and if there are any questions about the chassis or hop-ups please don't hesitate to ask!
Cheers/Chip
I'm more interested in the photography. Those are absolutely beautiful and informative pictures (...and the car looks nice too ). Are you a professional photographer?
Iso Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:49 PM   #378
Tech Apprentice

Hi Iso Octane,

I have been off and on, I used to shoot products for an LA advertising agency on cut film cameras back in the '70's and some motorsports in the '90's. Right now I'm enjoying it and giving it away. lol

Cheers/Chip
chiplouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:54 PM   #379
Tech Apprentice

Hi Steve,

What do you mean "free" access to the track, or that there will be no entry fees? Can I come to race, I have no team but I'm sort of looking for a partner. I have not raced in several years and don't want to be a burden for any "serious" racers.

Cheers/Chip
Old 03-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #380
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dear F1RL Racers,

Thank you all very much for a wonderful first season. Most of all, I would like to thank all of you who provided the great gift you guys gave me at the last round. You guys are a great group of guys to race with, hang out in the pits, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of racers to kick off this first season.

I will update the website soon with the final results, and also lots and lots of pictures.

Also, I will let you all know when the meeting is for the next season

Thank you all once again,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #381
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Dear F1RL Racers,

Thank you all very much for a wonderful first season. Most of all, I would like to thank all of you who provided the great gift you guys gave me at the last round. You guys are a great group of guys to race with, hang out in the pits, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of racers to kick off this first season.

I will update the website soon with the final results, and also lots and lots of pictures.

Also, I will let you all know when the meeting is for the next season

Thank you all once again,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Did not have a chance to compete in the recent F1 series, but had a chance to watch the final event. Very cool stuff! It looked to be great fun Steve. I realize how much time and effort that you must put into the support of this series...hats off to you!

I'll certainly look to run the next series...if and when.

Thanks again for the support that you/Speedtech RC continue to show the true racers in this hobby. Keep it up!

John

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamiyatrf/
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #382
Tech Master

chiplouie

Nice looking car. I have the Cross chassis on my car. The Eagle one is quite different. I like the little hole for the servo cable to go through. I have to run mine over the left side battery hatch. It amazes me that you have that crappy stock servo saver on your car with all the cool "go-fast" parts on your car! Invest in a Tamiya High Torque Servo Saver and your car will be much happier!
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 12:15 PM   #383
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Question: I don't know much about the car and I might be getting one soon..I do understand that isn't any pinion gear adjustment!
Can I get a hop-up motor mount for bigger gear adj?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #384
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by OVA
Question: I don't know much about the car and I might be getting one soon..I do understand that isn't any pinion gear adjustment!
Can I get a hop-up motor mount for bigger gear adj?

Whit slight modification to the stock chassis..you can use Tech-racing's aluminum adjustable motor mount. I have to to sell if you're interested. along with a set of Tamiya aluminum pinions that will work with the stock spur gear. Pinions are all brand new. Recently switched to the cross chassis, motor-mount & spur gear adaper. PM me if you are interested...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:13 PM   #385
Tech Apprentice

I recommend the 3Racing/Eagle adjustable motor mount. It does not require modification to the stock chassis and is adjustable.
TheNige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:06 PM   #386
Tech Regular

Chiplouie: U got an awesome car, but pls. post a smaller pixel pics next time, hehe, it slows my pc to open this thread.

Im very excited to race for the first time in F201, Our club is holding our third TCS this March,April and May, Does anybody know how to remedy the f201's ball diff bolt from breaking?
Wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:25 PM   #387
Tech Apprentice

Hi Wilfred,

Sorry about the size, I wanted people to see the details of the car and the best way to do this is larger images. When I posted them I had not considered the that some people don't have broadband access. I will probably go back and make them smaller to help with this problem.

Hey you want to have incredibly good diffs? Just get a pair of Tamiya Lightweight Diffs and use the Tamiya supplied "Diff Lube" and assemble them the right way!

Use the kit supplied instructions and do the following.

When assembling the diff halves find the flat side of the diff ring. Just like an "E" clip the diff rings have a good side and a bad side. The side of the diff ring that faces the balls should be the side that has the sharp edges on the outside of the ring.

Use the Tamiya 3mm hard carbide diff balls, they allow you to tighten your diffs to set the spring and then loosen for adjustment without going flat.

Use the supplied Tamiya "diff" lube on the balls and do NOT over lube them!!!

Use LOTs of Tamiya "diff" lube or red Mobil One grease on the thrust bearing, really pack it in!

Once the diff is assembled tighten it fully and then loosen it until the diff will allow some slipage then tightn it back down 1/8 turn untill it does not slip at all under force.

Drop these into you car and you will have reliable, free but tight diffs!

Enjoy the ride!
Old 03-17-2003, 03:13 PM   #388
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

I just posted resized images so it won't take so long to download the pages. Sorry for the too big images!

Cheers/Chip
Old 03-17-2003, 06:06 PM   #389
Tech Regular

Chip: That's betterer, Haha. My problem with the diff is is the bolt. I broke two bolts already.
Wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 06:32 PM   #390
Tech Apprentice

Hi Wilfred,

The problem is not with the bolts themselves. The problem is with the diff design, there is no room in the stock diff housings to allow any movement of the bolt to prevent the bolt from sheering under load, all the load goes to the point where the bolt is unsupported, at the head of the bolt or where the bolt exits the diff half where it screws in.

In the lightweight diff design the load on the bolt is all in a straight line and there is little pressure applied in sheer (across the bolt), so the bolts don't break often unless there was some kind of damage to the bolt.

This is a problem with the stock diff design. Just do as I wrote in my previous post and you'll have a pair of great diffs. BTW, if the Tamiya 3mm carbide diff balls cost too much you can also use the much less expensive Tamiya "lightweight" diff balls. They seem to work pretty well too, I'm using them in my TB EVO III and they are very smooth. They seem reliable but I don't really know if they are as good as the carbide balls because the EVO III is almost new and I only have a few runs on it, they are just as smooth though.

Hope this helps!