R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2002, 10:05 AM   #16
Tech Master

You racing this weekend, zombies? Bwaaaahaaaa!!! I'll be bringing my secret weapon! Nah, who am I kidding?!! b-main here I come.....
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #17
Tech Master

TPhalen

Tamiya sells clear F2001 bodies separately. Sorry, I don't have a part# for you, but I have seen one in my LHS so I know they really do exist. You could probably order one from Tower of Tamiya directly.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:08 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll be there Sunday... may be my last 'til the Classic. my wife comes back from her trip the following week...
If I can get my car fixed I'll race the F201. suffered major damage during practice and was unable to race. broken arms and bones.

You have a secret weapon? did you get that Cross chassis? Did you hear about the new part owners of Castle?
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:11 AM   #19
Tech Champion

TPhalen

Bodies are available from RainbowTen. Tamiya is releasing new clear bodies. Pics, Availablity and price can be seen on Rainbowten.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:34 AM   #20
Tech Master

So give your wife the credit card and drop her off at the Great Mall on your way to Castle! Problem solved! Yeah, I got the Cross chassis kit. It's pretty sweet. It makes the chassis much more rigid. I can't twist it at all now. If you can't find parts, track me down. I should be able to help you out. I have extra stuff.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:42 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Next months race I'll send her and the baby to the Mall. This weekend I'm still single.. Thanks for the parts offer... I ordered lots of arms last month.. just haven't had the time to get it back together. Might have to check out your new chassis...I'm considering getting one. see ya sunday.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:53 PM   #22
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks.

Where do you guys race yer F201's????
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 01:56 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Castle/RcCar in San Jose.
I also race at Speedworld in Roseville, Ca. We're trying to get a F201 class started. There's talk of F201 grand prix. Like everymonth we all go to different tracks to race for points.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:10 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The major drawback to the cars is that the only fit stick packs. I've been slightly modifying the battery portion of the chassis to fit sidexside packs. It killd me but, I just coudn't bring myself to buy more batteries-especially stick packs!!
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #25
Regional Moderator

I agree about the stick pack only thing, thats definitely not cool. But, you don't have to buy new packs. Just buy the battery building kits that let you make your own stick packs. Its not that hard to do at all.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:20 PM   #26
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does the new Cross chassis allow side-x-side packs??? Hope so...mine's in the mail as we speak....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:29 PM   #27
Tech Champion

It should fit in the chassis...but the plastic battery straps were designed for stick pack.. so..you may have to find a way to keep it in place...possibly strapping tape
Old 08-16-2002, 05:35 PM   #28
Tech Master

Actually, the problem with the car is that the battery cup thingies are what the body posts mount to. You'd have to make a plate for the body posts to attach to if you remove the stock battery cups. That would also give you something to stick the glass tape to, so it might work. I've been giving it some thought and haven't really come up with a good solution. Since everyone is running the car with stickpacks, I haven't had the need to use my good race packs. Plus, I'm running the crappy old Chameleon motor, so extra voltage still won't make me the fastest car on the track.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:20 PM   #29
Tech Addict

marvi- Yeah that carbon painted body is too cool. It's on my must have list as well.

TPhalen/Darkseid- The tires do seem to wear fast but don't let the grooves fool you, the tires hook up better as slicks. We're gonna start running them in our area as a speck class using 19 turn motors and touring foams since touring wheels fit. We'll have to see how it goes.

big al/TPhalen- I agree that stick packs only chassis bites. You could dremel out the inner top ribs, use an aftermarket chassis and tape up your side by sides. Myself I think Tamiya or another manufac. will come out with a new top plate that will allow the use of side by side or even saddle packs later. I just hate to take the dremel to something this beutiful.

Darkseid/psycho- Until proper gearing changes can be done, motor and battery overheating is something to consider. Around here we've been using 2400 sport packs and compared with a guy that is using matched 3000, we haven't given any ground. Save your competition packs unless you have an adjustable motor mount.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 07:05 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Over here in nor cal. castle hobbies has a aftermarket motor mount. Allow the use 22 &23 tooth pinions--34.95 though!! I'm gonna give it a go with my sidexside packs-I just dremeled out the ribs last night. I had to trim down the top of the stationary body mount/batt. retainer and shim it up. Works out prety well. I then had to have the solder tabs face out or they wouldn't fit through the batt. channel. Work out pretty well.
I then mounted my exploreerII atop the drive shaft just in front of the spur cover. I folded a piece of lexan into a "c" shape,which I mounted on the car then mount esc on the back of the "c". It might raise the cg, but what the hell. I'll see how it goes this weekend at castle--Al
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote