F201

Old 10-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally posted by BadBoyRC
Man F201 is awesome.. these cars arre so cool !

I really love running it..its easy to setup and on the track it handles great.

There will always be a place in RC for a F1 Class..

For those of you who don;'t have one.. your missing lots of fun..

Too bad I couldn't run the tcs nats this year I would have given rebara a run for his money.. good luck on the rug in J land.

Did you get my setup from Ling?
Badboyrc,

Do you have a good carpet setup? I am looking for a good setup for carpet to run at Trackside. Could you please email me the setup you have. I would really appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Larry
Old 10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

One thing that I've noticed down here in the Socal area is that they tend to run the F201 class at the end of the race program (even after the nitro cars). I wish they wouldn't treat the F1 guys (and gals) as a "unwanted step child". I'm sure Hobby People might sell more kits if they ran the F201 towards the beginning of the show.

The last race I did with the F201 was at a Fountain Valley Hobby People parking lot race (in July). They threw in two yokomo 1/12 mini's, because they didn't have enough cars for their "own" race. After the race, I was first in class, but they wanted to award me third place because they felt that the minis with a 19t motor are "basically" the same as a F201 running a 27T.

I hope Steve can find some track(s) to host the F1RL again. Tamiya is cool, but I work on Saturdays, and Revelation runs off road on Saturday nights now.

Terence

Cole Bros. Racing
Old 10-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mr_postman
One thing that I've noticed down here in the Socal area is that they tend to run the F201 class at the end of the race program (even after the nitro cars). I wish they wouldn't treat the F1 guys (and gals) as a "unwanted step child". I'm sure Hobby People might sell more kits if they ran the F201 towards the beginning of the show.

The last race I did with the F201 was at a Fountain Valley Hobby People parking lot race (in July). They threw in two yokomo 1/12 mini's, because they didn't have enough cars for their "own" race. After the race, I was first in class, but they wanted to award me third place because they felt that the minis with a 19t motor are "basically" the same as a F201 running a 27T.

I hope Steve can find some track(s) to host the F1RL again. Tamiya is cool, but I work on Saturdays, and Revelation runs off road on Saturday nights now.

Terence

Cole Bros. Racing
I agree, sometimes the F1 class gets mixed in with other non touring classes. Steve should have a schedule lined up already. Not sure if he posted it on the F1Rl site yet.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wish they wouldn't treat the F1 guys (and gals) as a "unwanted step child".
I wonder if F1 is treated like this because Tamiya is the ONLY company making a kit to race in this class... I would love to see some more options in the F1 World...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeh, I think that's the biggest detriment to the F1 classes. No competition for Tamiya. Back in the 103 days there was the HPI Super F1, Corally F1 and I think even a Duratrax and maybe a Smartech?!??!? There were tonnes of options and one of the guys I race with says that they had upwards of 25 F1 cars, for CLUB MEETS!!!! This is pretty fn good because at our TCS this year (Australia) we only had 20 F1s TOTAL!!!

I think that's what F1 R/C needs, more competition in kit design!

Hahaha, maybe Eagle should forget about making F201 hopups and make their own car design!! :-)
Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

It's unlikely other companies will produce a 4wd F1 car to compete. The money is in tourers and monster trucks.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I totally agree with you Neil, just a shame that that's the case!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Terence

Cole Bros. Racing
Atleast you can get on the track, where I'm at you run them during practice days or put them on the shelf and admire them. People here rather run nascar oval then a run a f1.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I must be really lucky, Just about all the tracks up here have F201 classes. The conpitition isn't quite the same as I saw down @ nats. Most of the club racers up here tend to stay @ 1 track and race the same group of guy every week, so there is usualy only 1 or 2 real compitors each race. Its kind of the reverse of the problem you all have, where you have few places to race we have so many that they all tend to have 1-2 good drivers in a small feild @ 3-6 locations every week.

Mark
Old 10-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Niel I gave Ling that setup he asked me on your behalf.

here it is again

I've run my 201 on two kinds of carpet.. ozite and fanfare. Two very different types of carpet.

The carpet has totally different characteristics if its glued down or just laying on a surface. I found that typically running the car as low as possible and basically having virtually no suspension travel works the best..
Assuming the carpet is glued down and is fanfare which I beleive they use in Japan,, I would run B compound in front with hard insert and A compound in back with medium inserts. Ride height 3mm front 2,5mm rear, hardest spring in front next hardest in rear.. front run max 2 mm up travel rear 3mm up travel.. 2-3 degrees of rear toi in 1.5degrees rear camber. front 0 toe 1.5 camber. no sway bar plate
Preload shocks to adjust for up travel and then adjust ride height with suspension arm push rods.

Tire Prep
Before mounting up tires stiffen internally the side walls avoid roll over. ( apply two thin coats of shoe goo on the inside of the tire side walls.ONLY ON SIDEWALLS let dry 24 hours before mounting) Balance entire tire/wheel combo after truing on tire truer..

say hi to Neil wish him luck.

Have him try spool in front on carpet comes out of the hole like a bat out if hell.!
Old 10-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BadBoyRC
Niel I gave Ling that setup he asked me on your behalf.

here it is again

I've run my 201 on two kinds of carpet.. ozite and fanfare. Two very different types of carpet.

The carpet has totally different characteristics if its glued down or just laying on a surface. I found that typically running the car as low as possible and basically having virtually no suspension travel works the best..
Assuming the carpet is glued down and is fanfare which I beleive they use in Japan,, I would run B compound in front with hard insert and A compound in back with medium inserts. Ride height 3mm front 2,5mm rear, hardest spring in front next hardest in rear.. front run max 2 mm up travel rear 3mm up travel.. 2-3 degrees of rear toi in 1.5degrees rear camber. front 0 toe 1.5 camber. no sway bar plate
Preload shocks to adjust for up travel and then adjust ride height with suspension arm push rods.

Tire Prep
Before mounting up tires stiffen internally the side walls avoid roll over. ( apply two thin coats of shoe goo on the inside of the tire side walls.ONLY ON SIDEWALLS let dry 24 hours before mounting) Balance entire tire/wheel combo after truing on tire truer..

say hi to Neil wish him luck.

Have him try spool in front on carpet comes out of the hole like a bat out if hell.!
Hi Badboy

Thanks for the setup tips. There are certain rules we have to abide by. One is the tires. We can not in any way alter the make up of the tire, wheel, or inserts. The car must be built as per the instructions. I'm not so sure how strict they can be but I know for sure the tires can't be altered. Since there are so many varying setups, perhaps the way the car is built can be interpreted different ways.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtveten
I must be really lucky, Just about all the tracks up here have F201 classes. The conpitition isn't quite the same as I saw down @ nats. Most of the club racers up here tend to stay @ 1 track and race the same group of guy every week, so there is usualy only 1 or 2 real compitors each race. Its kind of the reverse of the problem you all have, where you have few places to race we have so many that they all tend to have 1-2 good drivers in a small feild @ 3-6 locations every week.

Mark
You are lucky, even southern cali doesn't really have a following unless the TCS rolls around, or the F1RL starts up. Only one or two dedicated drivers show up at socal raceway on a tues.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Those of you interested in running in the F1RL series, be sure to go to www.f1rl.com and sign up for the newsletter. As soon as October is over (all the shows and the worlds going on) we will be able to pin down the dates and get the series going. Also, we should have our first meeting at the end of the month sign up for the newsletter so you stay in the loop! It's going to be a lot of fun!

Steve Wang
Old 10-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mtveten

Mark
Now I have F201 envy
Old 10-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Those of you interested in running in the F1RL series, be sure to go to www.f1rl.com and sign up for the newsletter. As soon as October is over (all the shows and the worlds going on) we will be able to pin down the dates and get the series going. Also, we should have our first meeting at the end of the month sign up for the newsletter so you stay in the loop! It's going to be a lot of fun!

Steve Wang
Great racing guys. Take advantage if you are able to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.