R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #1741
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by mtveten
I doubt Tamiya would discontinue the F201. It is probably only the Williams Tuned edition that is scheduled to be discountinued and posibly replaced with a TRF version with maybe the rumored graphite chassis.
Let me tell you where the rumor comes from. I participated at the Tamiya Euro's last weekend where this was said by one of the attending official Tamiya employees. (Yes, he was Japanese)
Next thing, at the agents meeting on monday it was stated that Tamiya decided to drop the F1 class for next years European TCS series. This means that there will be NO F1 class at the Tamiya Euro's and at the worlds in Japan.

Regards
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:23 PM   #1742
Tech Elite

There was a similar class deletion here in the states. The Mini class is no longer a trip winning class, however Japan still had the class. Perhaps what may be coming along in Euro isn't necessarilly the case everywhere else.

Last edited by Neil Rabara; 09-10-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:23 AM   #1743
Tech Elite

Just to let everyone know, my article is up on the Tamiya USA website.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...?article-id=53
Old 09-10-2004, 12:27 AM   #1744
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

now im confused...

what class is really getting the ax? mini or F-1? i had gone through the same thing when tamiya axed the Tarmac rally class
Old 09-10-2004, 08:32 AM   #1745
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
now im confused...

what class is really getting the ax? mini or F-1? i had gone through the same thing when tamiya axed the Tarmac rally class
I don't know if any class will get axed in the US. All i'm saying is that the F1 class in Europe is axed!
Old 09-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #1746
Tech Regular

I hope the F201 class isn't getting axed, they did it this year with Tarmac rally, but that was because of a lack of widespread participation.
If they do, I'm going to rehab to get rid of this Tamiya addiction that I have.
It seems that everytime Tamiya puts out the latest thing, you'll go out and buy it, and shortly there after, what you bought is either discontinued or they simply put out something better.
I don't want to go off in a tangent but, case in point look at the 415 the darn thing just came out, and already people are getting pushed (if they want their car to perform like Surikarn's) into buying either the EVO4's arms or the new arm kit for it. I don't think that's right, people in some places are paying upwards of $400 for that car, and already you need to hop it up? Come on!!
Sorry for the rant guys, I just feel very strongly about this.
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:14 AM   #1747
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to grymg

Yup Tamiya is definitely like that. Similar to how Kyosho discontinues their kits as well.

Could they be the "evil empire" of the R/C world? In all their races they only allow Tamiya hopups, forcing you to buy their stuff. Also they name the compounds of their tires "Type A" and "Type B" instead of the usual shores we see. Leave it up to Tamiya to be different.
grymg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:27 AM   #1748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Well, we can make complaints about Tamiya and I certainly have made them about them at times, but at the same time, they are the only TOP manufacturer that even support F1 R/C cars nowadays, in the mainstream market at least. I love the fact that Tamiya support F1 Racing and if they say that we need to run with Tamiya parts, then thats only a small consolation. I'd much rather have an F1 R/C Car then to have new cars not produced as much. Also, I actually prefer that they are bringing out the new hopups and everything like that, its adding performance to the cars which is what any true racer wants. I say, bring on the hopups!!!

(obviously economically, its not the best, but either is this hobby!!!)

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #1749
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

i wouldnt say that the hopups are absolutely necessary... the top 4 cars werent LW suspension, or Evo IV's, for that matter.

i read a lot about people complaining about Tamiya changing cars/parts a lot, bot others do it too... X-ray, XXX-S, etc...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #1750
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When can we find out if F201 is getting axed or what? I'm just about to dump $$ into this class.. good that I wait....

Last edited by over gear; 09-10-2004 at 12:40 PM.
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:48 AM   #1751
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by over gear
When can we find out of F201 is getting axed or what? I'm just about to dump $$ into this class.. good that I wait....
Wait a sec.... Tamiya is dumping the F201?!?!?
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:17 PM   #1752
Tech Elite

Lets not get carried away with this. Hardriven RC mentioned that the EURO cup is doing away with their F201 qualifier. But no one else is. How that turned into Tamiya dumping the whole product line is a perfect example of the distortion of truth from person to person.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:21 AM   #1753
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Lets not get carried away with this. Hardriven RC mentioned that the EURO cup is doing away with their F201 qualifier. But no one else is. How that turned into Tamiya dumping the whole product line is a perfect example of the distortion of truth from person to person.
To stop all rumers it might be best if you guys direct your questions to your US agent. Then post their answer here.

Regards
Old 09-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #1754
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Mini class deleted

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
There was a similar class deletion here in the states. The Mini class is no longer a trip winning class, however Japan still had the class. Perhaps what may be coming along in Euro isn't necessarilly the case everywhere else.
Mini class is also no a trip winning class here in Australia. The class winner will just will be awarded a top-end kit (415 or EVo4)
Old 09-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #1755

hey neil, whats up with the post on the tamiya site, i thought you and i were gonna keep that setup between us. at least until after next years nats. btw, i've been using the no inserts thing for a while except i did it a little different, i took the strip inserts that tamiya sells and glued them to the rim, it leaves only about half the air gap and supports the side wall. i also have had great sucess with the strip insert against the tire and stock foam under it. kinda makes for a firm insert. anyway, good job again, and thanks for the article. nice work. see you there next year
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote