R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-21-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Crazy M8 and XXTRA issues

I've been running my M8 with a Novak synthesized transmitter and my Team Associated TC4 with a Novak XXTRA synthesized receiver for a couple of months now. The motor is a Novak SS5800 Brushless.

Just today after putting fresh batteries in the M8 I was unable to control my car at all. After a little process of elimination I have the following results:

I can use another FM transmitter, set the XXTRA to the channel on the transmitter and have complete control.

I can use the M8 with a synthesized transmitter and a single crystal receiver and have complete control.

I can use the M8 with a single crystal and a single crystal receiver and have complete control.

I cannot use the XXTRA receiver at all with the M8 even when using a single crystal setup in the M8.

I am completely stumped and need help from anyone out there.
M Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to onebeatuptc3

a few people down here have been noticing problems with their novak synth units. One of my friends never stays on the proper channel, while the other one will sometimes just not work properly, while others, it is fine. Does your module do the same thing on every synth channel?
onebeatuptc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Default Still Stumped

Yes, It does the same thing for all channels. It could be the Synth unit for the M8 but it does work on single channel receivers.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Why don't you just call Novak, I'm sure they can straighten things out for you. <knocking on wood> I've been using my synthesized unit for quite a while now, and the only problems I have encountered are the interference; ie. glitching coming from the flourescent lighting.
skinart76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinart76
Why don't you just call Novak, I'm sure they can straighten things out for you. <knocking on wood> I've been using my synthesized unit for quite a while now, and the only problems I have encountered are the interference; ie. glitching coming from the flourescent lighting.
glitch from a flourescent light? i had glitch with my M8..... ,where im standing?? is beside a spotlight on a metal driver stand. Could that be the cause og glitch too?
KREATOR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:41 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KREATOR1
glitch from a flourescent light? i had glitch with my M8..... ,where im standing?? is beside a spotlight on a metal driver stand. Could that be the cause og glitch too?
Maybe, flourescent lights emit a lot of noise/interference. I'm don't know how much noise a spotlight emits, but it's worth looking into.
skinart76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

It doesn't matter where I am, it won't work just the same; inside or outside in the sun.

I've been using the M8 with the Novak synthesized system for a year now and it just started happening.

I will be talking to Novak later this week so hopefully I can get some answers.