Wiki Posts
Search

Pan Car Tire Color Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Pan Car Tire Color Help

I am a noob to the onroad scene, and I need some help with the tire compounds/colors. What do all the different Pan Car tire colors mean, like Pink, double pink, magenta, greay, ect? I know they are different compounds that have different levels of softness, but can someone list them in order of soft to hard?

Thank you for your help!

Mitchell
Old 05-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For Jacos-

Black - 40 shore: This is a low natural rubber compound. Special tire for insane traction carpet tracks. Does not get gummy like Purple. If you don't have insane traction you car will likely push with these.

Purple - 40 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. Popular front stock tire, carries good corner speed because it's firm. The foam this compound is made from gets more gummy late in a race. The more you run this compound the gummier and stickier it gets. A little more forgiving than some of the other fronts.

Lilac - 37 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. Great front tire for stock carpet or if dbl. pink is too much steering.

Double Pink - 35 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. This is the standard front tire for carpet in all classes. Its is used front and rear for 19T and Mod carpet and front and rear in all classes on asphalt.

Grey - 35 shore: This is a low natural rubber compound. It is just as hard as dbl. pink but it has FAR LESS traction. It is used to free up the rear of stock powered carpet cars for more efficiency and corner speed. This is the old standard rear carpet tire, most stock carpet racers use the softer yellow compound now for more forward grip.

Magenta - 32 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. Its softer than dbl pink so if you need more steering than dbl. pink use these up front. If you need more rear traction than dbl. pink use these in the rear.

Pink - 30 shore: Pink - 30 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. This tire is used in mod 1/12th on carpet and asphalt if the traction is low. If the traction is high it will lock in the rear of the car and make it push.

Yellow - 30 shore: This is a low natural rubber compound. It is the standard rear tire for Stock racing. It is used to free up the rear of stock powered carpet cars for more efficiency and corner speed.

White - 25 shore: This is a low natural rubber compound. It was the standard rear tire for 1/10th on road carpet racing. Its a little softer than yellow.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchellY
I am a noob to the onroad scene, and I need some help with the tire compounds/colors. What do all the different Pan Car tire colors mean, like Pink, double pink, magenta, greay, ect? I know they are different compounds that have different levels of softness, but can someone list them in order of soft to hard?

Thank you for your help!

Mitchell
The high rubber content family. Used on asphalt and carpet. Low wear high grip, heat sensitive/they get tacky when hot (soft to hard):

Pink ~25S (Shore)
Magenta ~30S
Double Pink ~35S
Lilac ~38S
Purple ~40S

Low rubber family. Used on carpet, faster wear, don't get tacky (soft to hard)

Platinum ~25S
Yellow ~30S
White ~33S
Grey ~35S
Black ~40S

There are some combinations in this family like

Chrome Front - Magenta with a Black Outer Ring
Gray Low Rear - Yellow with a ring of gray
Orange Rear - Yellow Magenta (I think)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Orange is the same as grey-low, and I was always under the impression that Chrome was a combination of synthetics (so not Magenta). I always thought it was a grey/black, but someone who runs BSR/CRC should correct me...
Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Orange is the same as grey-low, and I was always under the impression that Chrome was a combination of synthetics (so not Magenta). I always thought it was a grey/black, but someone who runs BSR/CRC should correct me...
You're right Chris.

Jaco Orange=CRC Grey-Lo=Yellow inside/ Grey outer ring
Old 05-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Platinum ~25S
Yellow ~30S
White ~33S
Grey ~35S
Black ~40S
Not sure whose compounds you are referring to here... I am assuming you may be referring to BSR, as you have them listed in your signature(although the only Platinum Ive ever seen was made by TRC). If so...

BSR's White compound is equivalent to the other manufacturer's (CRC, etc) Yellow. BSR's Pearl White is equivalent to the CRC White.

The BSR Pearl White/CRC White compounds are generally considered to be ~25duro... a fair bit softer than the the BSR White/CRC Yellow.

Chrome is the CRC version of the BSR Grey/Silver. It is ~70% Grey on the inside, with a ring of Silver(a synthetic, low rubber content foam of similar durometer to Black... but it is apparently from a different family of foam) on the outside.

As previously stated, Orange is the Jaco equivalent of the CRC GreyLow/BSR Gray/White.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thanks for you help guys! I really appreciate it!