R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
AMZ
Tech Regular
 
AMZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 380
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default How to tell if an ESC is in Blinky vs Turbo/Boost mode

How can you tell if an ESC is in blinky vs turbo/boost mode.

For the major brands , Tekin,Novak,LRP,Viper etc. I need to be able to identify this.

Any help would be appreciated.
AMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 63
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If the esc is in blinky, in neutral there is a light blinking. If there is boost or timing on the esc, the light will be solid.
__________________
DW Hobbyshop
Serpent, VBC racing, muchmore racing, skyrc, nosram,...
Driving a ERYX3.0
stofke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,292
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

I believe that when a car is turned on and sitting with the throttle in neutral, that the LED on the ESC will be blinking. Hence the name.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Not all, some are a little different. If you look at the ROAR approved speedo list, to the right of each speedo is a description of what the speedo should be doing if in the right mode.

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

For instance, some have the blinking light on the switch, not the speedo, some do not have any timing profiles and so don't need to blink, and then there is Tekin which has two different blinky sequences, 1 for normal blinky (2 lights flash) and one for locked blinky (three lights flash).
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
EricW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,882
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

With the Tekin RS series of speedos if lights 3&5 are blinking that means it is in blinky mode.

If lights 3,4,5 are blinking thatís also blinky mode however it canít be taken out of blinky mode unless you connect to Hotwire, this is called ďspec lockĒ blinky. I run mine in spec lock so nobody can accuse me of reaching in and reprograming the speedo with the mode button.
__________________
Stickas are for straight up suckas......

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,122
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

99% blink while trigger is neutral. The other 1% being used for blinky classes with stock motors say "stock" on them (hobbywing juststock, speed passion ) and will not be able to use a motor faster than 10.5t or in that range
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net