R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Wow how awesome would this be. I didn't make any effort to go to the asphalt nats to qualify for the worlds because they said it was not going to be in the USA. Now it might be?

I still hope Tim gets the race but it just sucks for those who may of been burnt out from other endeavors and wanted to take a break for a month or 2 and didn't think missing the asphalt nats would be a big deal.
I really hope the race does come to the US.

Somehow Larry I think you might have a resume to get on the roster.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
Tech Master

Quote:
Wow how awesome would this be. I didn't make any effort to go to the asphalt nats to qualify for the worlds because they said it was not going to be in the USA. Now it might be?

I still hope Tim gets the race but it just sucks for those who may of been burnt out from other endeavors and wanted to take a break for a month or 2 and didn't think missing the asphalt nats would be a big deal.
You could of qualified for Worlds at carpet nats.

Texas EOS 2018!

Last edited by Matt M.; 05-12-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
You could of qualified for Worlds at carpet nats.
As far as I know you cannot. Asphalt nats only qualify you for worlds. At least that is what I was told when I emailed them prior to the carpet nats.

And guess what. At that point they were not having the race either so what would I of been qualifying for?

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure either Nationals would be a qualifier. No disrespect to Larry, just coincidence this is following his post.

I see several people griping about "wish I would have known I would have run to Qualify.."

I also see post about how Mod is dieing, all these people that would run Mod to Qualify for Worlds, would sure fix the dying Mod class if they ran it the rest of the time.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
I'm pretty sure either Nationals would be a qualifier. No disrespect to Larry, just coincidence this is following his post.

I see several people griping about "wish I would have known I would have run to Qualify.."

I also see post about how Mod is dieing, all these people that would run Mod to Qualify for Worlds, would sure fix the dying Mod class if they ran it the rest of the time.
Bingo. If anyone thinks they are good enough to qualify for worlds, pull the 17.5 out and do it.

Texas EOS 2018!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #51

Quote:
Bingo. If anyone thinks they are good enough to qualify for worlds, pull the 17.5 out and do it.
+1
Motiv, Gravity RC, Joe Conte Racing ,Blast RC Paint, Sanwa, #~MASAMI~ . ROAR#27050. #FSEARA
DaveVera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
As far as I know you cannot. Asphalt nats only qualify you for worlds. At least that is what I was told when I emailed them prior to the carpet nats.

And guess what. At that point they were not having the race either so what would I of been qualifying for?
Im almost 100% sure it does qualify you for worlds. Thats the reason Andrew Doherty ran mod at nats in both sedan and 12th. He was under the impression that the top 20 from Carpet and Asphalt automatically qualify for worlds if its held in your block.

Texas EOS 2018!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
I am good enough to qualify for the worlds. I emailed Roar and asked them before they said they were pulling it from the worlds bids and was told that Carpet results do not qualify you for the worlds.

Its funny the guy that has run mod at one race in his life is telling a guy that has run 17.5 about 3x in the past 5 years at a big race to pull the 17.5 out?

I race for fun. I could give a sh-t about racing modified indoors on small tracks. I race Modified 90 percent of the time outdoors.

The fact that rumors were already around that Roar was going to pass on the worlds combined with the fact that Roar told me that Carpet results did not qualify you for the race pretty much the decision was made for me.

The hundereds of hours I put into getting the track/facility/logisitics of holding a roar nationals with 3 volunteers that all have fulltime jobs did not allow me much time to Prepare my own cars and my own race program. I did not feel like I would be competitive in the modified class and still be able to assist wherever needed so I chose to race the class I race every week because there is no other class at our track. If I had known that 1. the worlds was going to be here and 2. Carpet finshes qualified you for the race I would of probably raced put in 1 qualifier and then sat out and finished in the top 20.

Or I could of just wasted 170 bucks and signed up for the asphalt nats and not even gone. Would of finshed in the top 20 in both without even showing up.

Quote:
Im almost 100% sure it does qualify you for worlds. Thats the reason Andrew Doherty ran mod at nats in both sedan and 12th. He was under the impression that the top 20 from Carpet and Asphalt automatically qualify for worlds if its held in your block.
While this may be true. I have an email that says otherwise. Again its Roar so who knows if this Is true or not but show me a rule in the rulebook where it states that your finish in the carpet nats qualifies you for the worlds. Because I could not find that in there and its why I emailed them. Was the answer I was given true? Who knows. Roar talks out their a-ses all the time but who am I to question, they should know their own rules right?

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
This is what I understood. And the number selected from each event would be based on the total number of entries at each event.

Quote:
...While this may be true. I have an email that says otherwise. Again its Roar so who knows if this Is true or not but show me a rule in the rulebook where it states that your finish in the carpet nats qualifies you for the worlds. Because I could not find that in there and its why I emailed them. Was the answer I was given true? Who knows. Roar talks out their a-ses all the time but who am I to question, they should know their own rules right?
It says selections are results from the previous year's ROAR Nationals. This needs to be clarified although I can see how it would fall through the cracks as there has not really been any need to determine a list of 30 qualified drivers when five or fewer actually go.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the ones getting consideration or priority is the top 30 national finishers for mod class.....

They really deserve the priority because they're actively competing in what they'll be racing when it comes to the worlds...
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #56
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I am good enough to qualify for the worlds. I emailed Roar and asked them before they said they were pulling it from the worlds bids and was told that Carpet results do not qualify you for the worlds.

Its funny the guy that has run mod at one race in his life is telling a guy that has run 17.5 about 3x in the past 5 years at a big race to pull the 17.5 out?

I race for fun. I could give a sh-t about racing modified indoors on small tracks. I race Modified 90 percent of the time outdoors.

The fact that rumors were already around that Roar was going to pass on the worlds combined with the fact that Roar told me that Carpet results did not qualify you for the race pretty much the decision was made for me.

The hundereds of hours I put into getting the track/facility/logisitics of holding a roar nationals with 3 volunteers that all have fulltime jobs did not allow me much time to Prepare my own cars and my own race program. I did not feel like I would be competitive in the modified class and still be able to assist wherever needed so I chose to race the class I race every week because there is no other class at our track. If I had known that 1. the worlds was going to be here and 2. Carpet finshes qualified you for the race I would of probably raced put in 1 qualifier and then sat out and finished in the top 20.

Or I could of just wasted 170 bucks and signed up for the asphalt nats and not even gone. Would of finshed in the top 20 in both without even showing up.

While this may be true. I have an email that says otherwise. Again its Roar so who knows if this Is true or not but show me a rule in the rulebook where it states that your finish in the carpet nats qualifies you for the worlds. Because I could not find that in there and its why I emailed them. Was the answer I was given true? Who knows. Roar talks out their a-ses all the time but who am I to question, they should know their own rules right?
Larry, whoever sent you that email response is incorrect. Please go to page 94 of the ROAR Rules Section 11.2.

In a nutshell:

Quote:
"11.2.4 The top finishers (the exact number depends on the number of pre-qualified drivers from the prior WC) in that class from the previous year’s ROAR Nationals are automatically qualified to participate and only upon receipt of paid in full entry flyer PRIOR to the deadline date with current membership status are enrolled to participate."
There is no language specifying Carpet or Paved Nats being sole qualifiers for the Worlds

The IFMAR Rulebook states that ROAR gets 20 guaranteed entries. This is on page 6 and7 of the IFMAR general rules.

US Finalists from the previous Worlds are automatically in. After that the remaining slots should be filled by the A-Main drivers of the Carpet Nats and Paved Nats until all 20 slots are filled.

If there are entries still available after all counties submit their teams the host country gets all remaining entries to allocate as they see fit. ROAR could fill the rest of the race with the bottom of the A-Bains and B-Mains from both Nats or make the race open to any US racer that wanted to run.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #57
Tech Master

Quote:

Im not dogging you. I know what its like to host a National. Andrew and I did it in 2012. The first time I ran a 17.5 since that nationals was at snowbirds and that was the last time. Ive run modified for well over a year now. And no, you would of actually had to run your car. Signing up didn't put you in the top 20 at asphalt nats.

Larry, you aren't the only one who passed on asphalt nats when people found out that Roar wasn't holding it. I bet 10-15 guys passed on attending it. Heck, Hanulec came to run mod and went do 17.5 after he found out we weren't holding worlds. It just hurt the turnout in Florida.

Texas EOS 2018!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Been through the IFMAR rules quite a bit recently, and for TC ROAR would get 42 Entries and in 12th it would be 30 entries.

This would be the normal allocation plus the 10 extra for the host block.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #59
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
Been through the IFMAR rules quite a bit recently, and for TC ROAR would get 42 Entries and in 12th it would be 30 entries.

This would be the normal allocation plus the 10 extra for the host block.
And then it would get what ever was returned unused from other blocks too I believe.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #60
Tech Master

It just wouldn't be a proper World Championship event unless 'ol 70" of Mayhem (Larry) wasn't there pissing off some skinny jean-wearing German.

der Scheißkerl!!!!!!

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote