Wiki Posts
Search

Way to go ROAR...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Here's to the US getting the Worlds back. Good luck to all bidding on the race. Make it happen guys!
I'll cheers to that :beer:
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

i saw run 1/12 on pavement to make it interesting like the old days
Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
I say do it. They say Yokomo has a huge advantage running on asphalt. But thats ok cause Naoto doesn't stand a chance on carpet right?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
That's one way pf putting it
Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
I say do it. They say Yokomo has a huge advantage running on asphalt. But thats ok cause Naoto doesn't stand a chance on carpet right?
You mean the current 1/12 scale world champ, Naoto Matsukura?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Carpet or Asphalt is irrelevant. That kid can smash through other drivers' cars on any surface.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
You mean the current 1/12 scale world champ, Naoto Matsukura?
Yes it was PURE sarcastic lingo. People say that Yokomo has an unfair advantage on ashpalt cause of tires. Yokomo has an unfair advantage in 12th scale on any surface and his name is Naoto.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Yes it was PURE sarcastic lingo. People say that Yokomo has an unfair advantage on ashpalt cause of tires. Yokomo has an unfair advantage in 12th scale on any surface and his name is Naoto.
I still contend that the advantage is not Naoto. I think if Masami was preparing cars for and mentoring a block of wood, the wood block would be as fast as Naoto, and would definitely have better on track etiqutte.

Yokomo's "advantage" has always been better and more thorough preparation. Do they have a tire advantage? Yes, because they figured out what works rather than just running what was already on the market. They always have as much or more power as anyone out there, because they source and test everything.

They are the Scuderia Ferrari of RC on-road racing, and everyone else looks like Catherham by comparison.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I still contend that the advantage is not Naoto. I think if Masami was preparing cars for and mentoring a block of wood, the wood block would be as fast as Naoto, and would definitely have better on track etiqutte.

Yokomo's "advantage" has always been better and more thorough preparation. Do they have a tire advantage? Yes, because they figured out what works rather than just running what was already on the market. They always have as much or more power as anyone out there, because they source and test everything.

They are the Scuderia Ferrari of RC on-road racing, and everyone else looks like Catherham by comparison.
Ian I understand what you are saying but as of today if you took Naoto and put him with another brand as of now he would still need to be the hands on favorite to win.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The last worlds, the CRC guys definitely put the pressure on Naoto. Yeah he still won but it was no walk in the park. I was not there but from what I hear, a big part of the reason for the closeness was that these special tires were available to others at that race.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Cool RC is like BMX all over again.

Hey all,I'm here in my beloved Australia to wait another 54 days for our first indoor carpet hugging international event.
Yup,first international event.
ROAR is like your NBL/ABA BMX Associations it sounds.
But like BMX,we are pretty good,our Australian cycling team is world standard,and we do have world class RC drivers as well.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth as this happened with BMX back in the 80s,and I hope we can get together some world class facilities to get you all over here...but it's all money,sponsorships blah,blah.....we only have one good indoor track in the whole country!

I hope it happens,I really do.
It seems every great idea I have falls on deaf ears,nothing ever eventuates but I'm tryin!
Cheers guys
Tim
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
The last worlds, the CRC guys definitely put the pressure on Naoto. Yeah he still won but it was no walk in the park. I was not there but from what I hear, a big part of the reason for the closeness was that these special tires were available to others at that race.
Naoto still set fast lap times and was at the top. Walk in the park or not you can not say Andy Moore is the hands on favorite for the 2014 worlds 12th scale.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Naoto still set fast lap times and was at the top. Walk in the park or not you can not say Andy Moore is the hands on favorite for the 2014 worlds 12th scale.
Andy would have won last time had it not been for some "questionable" driving from the "wunderkind" Andy also set the fastest lap of the Mains.

One overly aggressive pass decided the world title, and what makes it worse is that the "move in question" occurred directly after Andy had driven around the flying Yokomo due to Naoto's unforced error. He was fast, but hardly dominant at the last Worlds. Lucky yes, dominant no.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Will Spashett be running the Worlds this year? It would be awesome to see him return to the game.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Will Spashett be running the Worlds this year? It would be awesome to see him return to the game.
Yeah that would be awesome.

So Ian let me get this straight. I got 20 bucks on Naoto in 2014..... Who do you want?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.