R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2001, 05:52 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb I need a new Transmitter

I need a new transmitter. Now a have a KoPropo EX5 Master waht is a great thing but have only 2 memories. I have 5 cars and i don't wanna change the memories. So i go to buy a new transmitter, i Thinking to choose between the Kopopro EX1 and the Sanwa M8.

Whats the best, the Sanwa is in Holland about 100$ cheaper then the KoPropo.
rimaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 12:41 PM   #2
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Personally I like the M8...

Check out the Limited Edition M8 thread is this forum for some more info on it. It has a large memory and I like how the screen is on top rather than on the front. Many of the top drivers use M8s...
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 01:57 PM   #3
Suspended

Thumbs up Always AIRTRONICS!

I'll go with airtronics gear any day!!
I have an older CS2P and it never lets me down!
Jamracing 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 02:48 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rimaracing: Is your EX5 AM or FM? If it is FM, it would be better to get the EX-1 Mars being that all your receivers will be 100% compatible with your New radio. So in the long run it will save you $ being that you won't have to replace all your receivers with Airtronics units!
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 06:43 PM   #5

I love my M8!
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 09:02 PM   #6
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

rimaracing: Its an expensive upgrade that you are talking about because if I remember correctly your EX5 should be AM so if you go for an FM transmitter you have to replace all your recievers and FM recievers are more expensive.

Anyway if you do decide to go this route make sure your next transmitter "feels" comfortable in your hands. This is without a doubt the most important thing. Everyone has a different perception on balance and feel... hold the thing and you will know if it is comfortable for you. In terms of features all the top of line transmitters are about the same... 3PJS, M8, EX1, R1.

If you are really after memory then the EX1 2000R has 22 memories! The 3PJS has built in 8 and an optional plug in memory cartridge for an addtional 8! The EX1 is not so user friendly compared to the other brands, but having the EX5 you are probably use to this setup!

I've heard the M8 is very user friendly but fairly heavy on the power consumption. I have a 3PJS and EX1 2000R. For "feel" I like the 2000R but for user friendliness and features (PCM) my money would be on the 3PJS.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If dtm is right, and it is AM. You might also want to consider the Multiplex Profi radios, with their AM or FM capabilities and more than enough adjustments they would be a good candidate. You would still be able to use your AM receivers and be able to purchase FM receivers as time went on. This of course if the Multiplex radios are available where you live!
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 11:24 PM   #8
Tech Regular

I Have been a M8 user for since the release of thee radio. I Do not have problems of batteries, but then I use only good cell not $1 packs.
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 09:59 AM   #9
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up My EX5 is AM

My EX5 is AM and i'm really love this transmitter, heys not heavvy and feels really good. My only dislike is tht it has only tho memories and i have 5 cars, but can i change it for ale the cars. if this is an option i put the setups in the computer and change them when i drive my schumacher and change the setup the day after when i drive my Tamiya TA04R. But i have AM that means that i can use every reciever?
rimaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 10:26 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I have never owned an Airtronics radio that did not glitch. I have owned every model except the Blazer. The XL2P is the worst for it, but my M8 still glitched some as well.

I own an EX1 and I love it. I'm thinking of getting rid of it to get the Limited edition EX1. I have heard a lot of good things about the Multiplex radios, but I have never used one.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:36 AM   #11
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I own an EX1 and I love it. I'm thinking of getting rid of it to get the Limited edition EX1.
I'm surprised that there are still any 2000R still out there for sale! If yo already have an EX1 the 2000R would be a very small upgrade (memory and offset wheel only!)
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 01:47 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Our hobby shop has 2 of them. One of them is sold, and I think the other one is going to be mine. I have a buyer for my EX1 already, so it's not going to cost me much to upgrade.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:59 PM   #13

cosmo- you must havea had some bad luck then. I glitched once, and that was the reciever, not radio
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 06:12 PM   #14
Suspended

Unhappy Just bad Luck??

Quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Well, I have never owned an Airtronics radio that did not glitch. I have owned every model except the Blazer. The XL2P is the worst for it, but my M8 still glitched some as well.

I own an EX1 and I love it. I'm thinking of getting rid of it to get the Limited edition EX1. I have heard a lot of good things about the Multiplex radios, but I have never used one.
Sorry to hear about your "bad experience", But I have used Airtronics Radios for many years and have had virtually no glitches at all, even on 75 band am no problems..
I currently am using a CS2P FM that I purchased used, It is Perfect..
Although I have old radio gear, I still prefer the feel to any of the currently available systems out there for sale...
Jamracing 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 08:59 PM   #15
R/C Tech Founder

It's the same around here, there are pretty much two camps of people, one group who maintain that Airtronics radios are great, the other who never hesitates to say "all Airtronics is garbage!"

To that, I say look at the A main of this year's ROAR sedan nats at Speedworld in California. If I'm not mistaken, at least 7 of the 10 drivers ran the M8.

If a radio is glitching, you can get it retuned at the manufacturer (and that goes for ANY company, not just Airtronics/Sanwa). When I had a glitching problem I sent the radio, receiver & crystals in question to Airtronics' offices in California, and when I got it back (with the same receiver and crystals) it worked great.
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote