Wiki Posts
Search

Gearing and timing for very big track

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Gearing and timing for very big track

Hello
Please help me with choosing best timing and gearing for my touring car. Track is very very big with light turns and it is asphalt track. At that track i always have problems with my batteries because they are out of power at 4.40min-4.50min. I use matched GP3300. I use Orion V2 touring 12x1 motor.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you gonna be running the same 12/1 motor you mention and same batterys......then your best bet would be to make slight adjustments from where your at now to make runtime.......on my v2's of a similar wind I ran 15 to 18 degree's of timing......make sure your not way over that....if thats ok.......and you still cant make runtime gear down a tooth at a time untill you can........there's no perfect way of doing it.....when everyone has different runtime battery's
Old 05-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Does anyone else have problems with run time?

If there is someone that is running the same car as you ask them what they are geared.

As stated above it is going to be hard for someone on here to tell you where to gear for a track they don't know.

Also, Is your car free, no binding, are the bearings in good condition?

There really are alot of things that play into dumping.

But with a 12turn and 3300's you really shouldn't even be close, so my guess is take a few teeth off on the pinion gear and see how that works.