R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Question on Take-Offs and others (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/72775-question-take-offs-others.html)

new92 05-19-2005 07:07 AM

Question on Take-Offs and others

On the Take-Offs how do you know what insert you are getting?

I have some that have blistered and grooved the inside edge and others havent on the same night and using the same setup. We have come up with some of the inserts are softer than others so how do you know if you are getting soft, medium, hard, etc?

PW 05-19-2005 08:00 AM

Re: Question on Take-Offs and others

Originally posted by new92

I have some that have blistered and grooved the inside edge and others havent on the same night and using the same setup. We have come up with some of the inserts are softer than others so how do you know if you are getting soft, medium, hard, etc?

Can assure you that all TakeOff premounts come with Medium inserts. There could be many reasons for inconsistence; Time of day (heat), driving harder or easier. Tires can also vary from batch to batch (fresh batch always feel softer).

Yeti35 05-19-2005 08:06 AM

You don't have any way of knowing and you are not the only one havin this issue. I think I'm going to start gluein mine up. I have my one sedan on brand new Take Off 27's premounts and the other on Sorex 32R's self glued. I raced both last Saturday and the Take Offs are already starting to show that groove on the inside. I'm thinkin the inserts are pretty much crap now that I have tried good inserts with good tires. I may need to get a set of 27's with good inserts and glue them up to see how they wear.

speedxl 05-19-2005 08:09 AM

New92 like paul said above plus take into account your set up will affect tire wear just like a full size car if the alighnment isnt correct it will wear the tires funny excessive camber, castor and toe will make the tires wear uneven. You have to pay attention to this as you set up your car. Try running less camber and toe. You will notice the grip will last longer and you wont scrub speed thus you'll go faster.
Like paul also said the inserts in all cs premounts are medium. I did cut some open when they first came out to see.
Just remember suspension tuning includes seting up for tire wear!!:cool:

RKeasler 05-19-2005 09:35 AM

I have been asking about that groove for a year or better you will get it no matter what setup after a few runs. If I had the time and money I am sure there is a better insert than that one. Takeoff is really getting a good deal out of it though lots of people run that combo, I hate it but the tires work and I don't have the R & D time to try other tires and inserts.

Core Creations 05-19-2005 12:41 PM

Just try them with Yok firm inserts...they always work

J-P 05-19-2005 01:04 PM

yeah yoke038 inserts are good along with hara greys and hpi yellows or orange, me presonally i like 26mm dish rims with a take off 22's or 27's with hara grey inserts, works real good on the tracks over here in the uk and in most temp ranges and the wear is pretty even, and thats with running 1/2 degrees camber all round.

hope that helps you a little? you may wanna see what the guys at your track are running if they are not premounts:D

J-P