R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Metric-Set-Red

I have owned so many sets of tools over the years. These low cost Dynamite tools have outlasted and out performed them all !! Not sure what they did but the tips are the perfect hardness to last a really really long time without rounding and not have a tenancy to chip or break off to easily from being too hard. This was the first "real" hex driver set I ever bought in RC. I got them at my LHS because they were reasonably priced and Ive had them for years now. Since then, I have bought a few different sets of "high end" tools that cost alot more than these and none of them have been as durable. I have a full set of Hudy tools and full set of Protek tools on my workbench and I still reach for these as my go too set. The tips last, the handle has great grip for getting those stubborn screws broken loose, and they have a nice flat on them to keep them from rolling off the bench!! And the handles have a little weight to them so they feel like a real tool in your hand. The only way they could be improved is if the shafts were just a little bit longer for getting into some of the hard to reach spots. Still, if I had only one set of hex tools these would be the ones!!! Highly recommended.
This was one of my first tool purchases getting back into the hobby a couple of years ago. They still work great.!!
MasterTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo View Post
Aren't these made by MIP?
nope, I have some of those and the tips are no where close to mip quality.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Pretty happy with my team integy. When the ends go out ill just replace with hudy ends.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #49
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
Pretty happy with my team integy. When the ends go out ill just replace with hudy ends.

Ive had my team integy for about a year now. I like them for the colors also. I know which color to grab for what screw. Tips have held up pretty well to so far.
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

The tips arent as good as hudy, but they are still way way more than enough to mangle just about any hex head screw you can name. ive gone through 1 2mm end but i just grind it down a little bit now if it gets worn. the hudy tips might be a little bit harder but that might also just be mental hype ect. They will fit though.
i like the weight of the integy. i know it probably wont dent or get damaged if i drop it, but if i do, its a fricken tool, shyte happens.

$6.99 for the tool, $2 for the tip.. a little easier to swallow than $20 lol. just too bad i couldnt get my hands on a set of the matching locknut drivers. maybe ebay?
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to B44USTA
Smile

this is what I ended up ordering from rcplanet

these to use with my cordless
https://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDeta...Code=INTC23327
these as back up
https://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDeta...Code=INTC23573

time will tell how good/bad they are.

I’m still after a Philips head, flat head & nut drivers with inch adapter in the same brand if possible if anyone can point me it the right direction
Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #52
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I stopped messing around with all those brands and just ordered a set of MIP tools. Got a brand new set for $10 cheaper on ebay so I ended up paying $10 for each driver. MIP makes their tool bits from hardened drill bit blanks.. Nothing really harder then that. Im currently on my 3rd set of tools and so far, this generic $15 set from china is outlasting my Dynamites..
M3Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Just took ownership of my set of MIP tools and all I can say is throw all else out! Out of the four sets of tools that I have, some of which are Ti coated and a set of Dynamites, the MIP's blow them away. The bit fits very well and much tighter and from wrenching on three cars all weekend, the bits look brand new.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #54
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Roc View Post
Just took ownership of my set of MIP tools and all I can say is throw all else out! Out of the four sets of tools that I have, some of which are Ti coated and a set of Dynamites, the MIP's blow them away. The bit fits very well and much tighter and from wrenching on three cars all weekend, the bits look brand new.
They sell these in our local hobby shop. They look like good quality tips, but Damn are they ugly.
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Agreed. My primary 2mm and 1.5mm are MIPS. They offer a regrind to to factory specifications if they ever dull out but I've had my set for 6 years and they work great.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #56
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigwldr View Post
They sell these in our local hobby shop. They look like good quality tips, but Damn are they ugly.
Lol ... Told ya sooo
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12117462-post3.html
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigwldr View Post
I agree. i wish they would make the handles a solid yellow or red. The bronze handles look lile something from the 80s. I may inquire from a machinist i know about making up some nice aluminum handles. if im gonna get the best tips in the tool world i may as well have some nice aluminum handles. overall i highly recommend MIP tools.