Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Thinking about ordering a XI sport, parts wont be available in my area so i would need to order some replacement parts.

Can anyone who is using one tell me the common parts that break on this chassis ? and what i should keep on hand? I guess some parts can be used from other cars too.

if you can also recommend which parts to upgrade?

thanks!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-demon
Hi,

Thinking about ordering a XI sport, parts wont be available in my area so i would need to order some replacement parts.

Can anyone who is using one tell me the common parts that break on this chassis ? and what i should keep on hand? I guess some parts can be used from other cars too.

if you can also recommend which parts to upgrade?

thanks!

The standard stuff (arms, knuckles, hubs) are always good to have in hand. Don't need to buy the upgrades motor mount. The original will be fine - I run it with 66 tooth team associated spurs that are always available at LHS.

Right away, pickup: the swaybars, the 3racing spring set, and the aluminum steering upgrade. The rest of the aluminum upgrades are not immediately necessary.

RC MART will become your best friend for this kit. $99 for the car, $100 for all the spare parts. For $200, the Sakuras are the best bang for the buck. It's too bad these kits can't be purchased locally in Canada. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for this kit, if I could walk to my LHS and get it in my hands today.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
The standard stuff (arms, knuckles, hubs) are always good to have in hand. Don't need to buy the upgrades motor mount. The original will be fine - I run it with 66 tooth team associated spurs that are always available at LHS.

Right away, pickup: the swaybars, the 3racing spring set, and the aluminum steering upgrade. The rest of the aluminum upgrades are not immediately necessary.

RC MART will become your best friend for this kit. $99 for the car, $100 for all the spare parts. For $200, the Sakuras are the best bang for the buck. It's too bad these kits can't be purchased locally in Canada. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for this kit, if I could walk to my LHS and get it in my hands today.

Not sure where you are but Lou's speedway in Dorchester has them for $155 and a wall full of parts. You also get a free nights practice and a free night of racing with the purchase.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Canuck5902
Not sure where you are but Lou's speedway in Dorchester has them for $155 and a wall full of parts. You also get a free nights practice and a free night of racing with the purchase.

WOW! thats not a bad deal! Im in Montreal, hey but its good to know i can get parts not to far from me.

So any other input on parts that fail?

Hey 000000000 ya rcmart is one of my fav places to order and where i would buy it.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

i just bought one of these as well as an ultimate. cant wait to get them next week and get them built up.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

TQRCRacing lists a bunch of tires in the beginning of the xi sport parts list. The brands listed are: Sweep Racing, Jaco, Ride, Shimizu Racing and Team Sorex. Are any of them any good or should I avoid them? Are these tires intended more for carpet or asphalt?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DeltaRay
TQRCRacing lists a bunch of tires in the beginning of the xi sport parts list. The brands listed are: Sweep Racing, Jaco, Ride, Shimizu Racing and Team Sorex. Are any of them any good or should I avoid them? Are these tires intended more for carpet or asphalt?
Depends on your track. The points series in Western Canada uses control tires. Jaco Blue the last couple years. This year, we have started using Sweep. To maintain relevant setups, this means that its to our advantage to continue running this type of tire all year round.

People at your track will typically give you a good idea of what to get. If it's just for playing around, any set of 4 identical tires/inserts/wheels will be fine. Your suspension setup will dictate the rest.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Got 2nd place in Modified class yesterday with my Sakura modified - Xerun V3.1, Tenshock X211 4.5T

I was very happy driving very conservative, in fact I only drove it once before. I was also running my second Sakura in 13.5T Blinky (4th place). Winner was Matej Dobnikar, well known competitor on Europe ETS, our best Slovenian driver for modified.
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura XI Sport-modified.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

so.. I'm a little bit confused.. which spring set is the one to get for this.. I mean, the springs on it say M1.5X13.5X25..
All I could find was a spring set for M1.5X21..? is there another one?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
so.. I'm a little bit confused.. which spring set is the one to get for this.. I mean, the springs on it say M1.5X13.5X25..
All I could find was a spring set for M1.5X21..? is there another one?
They list these under Integy's website under the upgraded version of this car.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4716
Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
They list these under Integy's website under the upgraded version of this car.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4716
yeah, that's what I mean; I was looking at those but they are a 21mm length, and the stock pink ones that come with the car are a 25mm length. Arent the 4mm of difference going to be important..?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:39 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
yeah, that's what I mean; I was looking at those but they are a 21mm length, and the stock pink ones that come with the car are a 25mm length. Arent the 4mm of difference going to be important..?
I think 21 is probably OK.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

I have my twins built and ready.

The xi sport is a 17.5 car for my wife and i will run the ultimate in mod.

The build of these cars seems great hopefully they handle well at the club level. Cant wait to get em on the track.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There are 2 concerns before I'm set on buying the ultimate.

1. Is the gear diff improved from the XI? I think the XI diff is very poorly produced and the internal drag is unacceptable. It is absolutely horrible compared to Tamiya's and I've fixed it by going to tamiya 416/ 417 gear diff and sanded down to reduce width a little, and switch to 37 pulley up front. If the new diff is not decent, I don't think there is another brand gear diff to replace that 40 tooth pulley.

2. Does the ultimate accept XI short shock tower? Do they have the same hole patter? I would like to have the ability to fit my low profile tamiya bodies and experience says the low profile tower will work. I don't want to lose that ability.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
There are 2 concerns before I'm set on buying the ultimate.

1. Is the gear diff improved from the XI? I think the XI diff is very poorly produced and the internal drag is unacceptable. It is absolutely horrible compared to Tamiya's and I've fixed it by going to tamiya 416/ 417 gear diff and sanded down to reduce width a little, and switch to 37 pulley up front. If the new diff is not decent, I don't think there is another brand gear diff to replace that 40 tooth pulley.

2. Does the ultimate accept XI short shock tower? Do they have the same hole patter? I would like to have the ability to fit my low profile tamiya bodies and experience says the low profile tower will work. I don't want to lose that ability.

The gear diff my my xi sport is smoother then the gear diff in my ultimate. But i bought both cars used and both diffs felt the same after i rebuilt both of them i havnt seen a problem with drag.

As for shock towers they look the same to me. Here is a front and rear shot.
Sorry the xi sport is a bit dirty due to some driveway testing.
Ultimate-xi sport.

Ultimate-xi sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.