Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by triguy1975
So.. Here's a poll. I just bought a NU kit to play with.. What are the essential Hop up parts I should go ahead and get?
just order a set of the usual breakage parts, i.e. hubs, knuckles, arms, suspension pins. As far as hop ups go, maybe just the aluminum steering rack, or at least buy a spare graphite one if aluminum is not in stock. I've been running my current xi sport over 2 years and have yet to break a part. Some components are worn down and sloppy but nothing is broken yet. The NU is still new enough it needs to be battle tested to find the weak spots. 3racing really does a good job on quality as far as bang for the buck goes and being competitive.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who sells them in the US?
Originally Posted by moparSRT
At this time the new kit is only available at RaceVTA 3Racing XI SPORT NU kit

The older kits are available at TQ Racing and Integy

All 3 carry parts ... even hobbyking has some parts.
TQ Racing has them and I highly recommend them. Great company!

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...asp?p_id=13689
Old 04-20-2018, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

So.. Here's a poll. I just bought a NU kit to play with.. What are the essential Hop up parts I should go ahead and get?
Aluminum steering is most commonly suggested. While not "essential", personally I like the aluminum shock bodies I got for it, the plastic ones had caps popping off-thread - they should work fine otherwise, so it's mostly a convenience/longevity upgrade.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
TQ Racing has them ...
Originally Posted by TQRACING
Coming Soon !!
Not at this time
Old 04-20-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Good Question. Either VTA or "run what you brung" class we call Carolina Hot Rod that an open touring class with 17.5T or 21.5T motors.
For VTA wheels you will need 3RACING Wheel Adaptor (5mm) - Thick PINK or use some spacers.
Out of the box its a durable kit, I like the pink bling so my favorites are the floating servo and bulkhead covers.
Currently waiting for the Big Bore shocks and SSK driveshafts.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tvih
..., the plastic ones had caps popping off-thread....
Was that ever linked to the TD10 or XI SPORT versions ??
I built several XI's without shock issues, recently built a TD10 and didn't notice any difference during the build but on the second run stripped out the rear diff in VTA, the XI diffs have been bullet-proof so far (knock on wood). Didn't build the TD10 shocks as I used a 3Racing aluminum shock kit for it.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

For VTA wheels you will need 3RACING Wheel Adaptor (5mm) - Thick PINK or use some spacers.
Out of the box its a durable kit, I like the pink bling so my favorites are the floating servo and bulkhead covers.
Currently waiting for the Big Bore shocks and SSK driveshafts.
Cool. I already have the buikhead on order and just ordered the hexs. I was looking for the driveshafts as well..

What shocks did you order?

Last edited by triguy1975; 04-20-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Cool. I already have the buikhead on order and just ordered the hexs. I was looking for the driveshafts as well..

What shocks did you order?
3RACING Big Bore Aluminum Oil Shock Damper Set(Coated Teflon)

The old XI Sport needed new shock towers to use these, guessing the NU has the right ones, if not i have a dremel lol will know on Wednesday.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was that ever linked to the TD10 or XI SPORT versions ??
I built several XI's without shock issues, recently built a TD10 and didn't notice any difference during the build but on the second run stripped out the rear diff in VTA, the XI diffs have been bullet-proof so far (knock on wood). Didn't build the TD10 shocks as I used a 3Racing aluminum shock kit for it.
I'm not actually sure, it COULD be just the TD10v2 I guess. Still, aluminum shock bodies are nice to have, even if the plastic bodies does get one started.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Hi, I know the car handles stock power well. But If I put a 4.5t into it will the car hold its own assuming I know what I'm doing? Also , how's the car handle on the black carpet assuming I don't upgrade anything. Thanks. Looking for an affordable runner to learn modify.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

3RACING Big Bore Aluminum Oil Shock Damper Set(Coated Teflon)

The old XI Sport needed new shock towers to use these, guessing the NU has the right ones, if not i have a dremel lol will know on Wednesday.
Let me know. I'm getting ready to get rolling on mine after I get my other VTA chassis rolling.

I did buy some Yeah Racing 55mm shocks to play with. They have a bunch of different springs and damper configurations so I thought for adjustment's sake they would be good to tune the car in, but if the big bores are the way to go I'm not shy about ordering more parts.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Let me know. I'm getting ready to get rolling on mine after I get my other VTA chassis rolling.

I did buy some Yeah Racing 55mm shocks to play with. They have a bunch of different springs and damper configurations so I thought for adjustment's sake they would be good to tune the car in, but if the big bores are the way to go I'm not shy about ordering more parts.
Will do The big bores came standard on the 2014 & Advance, should be a nice upgrade for the XI ... and there under $32

Had another great weekend with the XI, VTA this time on Protoform tires, they needed a overnight soak in wd40 but are just as good on the black rug now. Had some very consistent laps with the XI without any broken parts

Started piecing together another XI for stock 21.5, this time bone stock minus the floating servo ... hope to have it ready for this weekend.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

I’ve got mine just a bit further along and found that the Aluminum bulkhead SAK-U415 doesn’t fit. It’s the same shape, but the hole locations in the bottom for the chassis is different than the NU. I had to use the stock plastic bulk heads. So far the kit has gone together pretty well. Looking forward to getting this one the road

Tried to upload a picture, but this forum just isn’t cooperating with my Ipad
Old 04-24-2018, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

U415 is for the ultimate, it wont fit the xi

this is the right one SAK-X05/PK Aluminum Front Bulkhead For 3racing Sakura XI

Last edited by moparSRT; 05-03-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

That explains that. I swear I thought the manual gave that part number online. Oh well. I guess I need an ultimate too

Last edited by triguy1975; 04-25-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.