Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So I just recent got this car with the idea of it being a budget build. I'm having issues with getting the ride height low enough. Anyone else have this issue? What was needed to do to fix the issue?
Old 04-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Had no time for couple of weeks and decided to sell the XI...no one want have him
So I went out to my local parking lot and had 3h of pure fun

Had forgotten how much fun this little bastard is
Currently running complete trackstar (13.T) and I had on 8°C outside temp after 30mins of running just 29°C motor temp.
Just went from 28T to 30T (76T on the Spur)...do you think thats to much for the little trackstar motor?
Old 04-25-2016, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Apologies if this has been asked... Is the xi sport identical to the bsr bt-4? Pondering which to get.. Because if Identical could save a bit ordering the bt-4 locally... But then this thread is more active and the pink parts look prettier

I would be running 21.5t... I come from off road
Old 04-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Djchow85
Apologies if this has been asked... Is the xi sport identical to the bsr bt-4? Pondering which to get.. Because if Identical could save a bit ordering the bt-4 locally... But then this thread is more active and the pink parts look prettier

No, they are different. There will be parts that will fit, just as they fit from an Xray like the rear hubs, C hubs ets. But most of the big parts (like chassis, top deck, bulkheads etc) are different.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

I have both. The BT-4 "looks" to be the better car and has aluminum shocks, but the spur mount and 20T pulley are garbage and the diff leaks fluid like a bullet wound. If you change to a 64T spur like most people do, make sure it's the thinner ones, otherwise the screws that attach the pulley will be too short.

Parts for the Sakura can be found in more places online, but finding them in stock is another story. Especially the sway bar assembly, since that's one the 1st thing people upgrade. The next upgrade will be aluminum shocks because the plastic shock caps like the cry oil.

The most frequently broken parts on the BT-4, such as arms and c-hubs, rear hubs, etc are Xray interchangeable. I'm not sure about the bullet wound diff.

Long story short... both cars will cost you additional $$$ in upgrades, but out of the box, the Sakura will be less frustrating.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Weird. I haven't had any issues with the 3Racing shocks.

From experience, XRAY suspension does work on the 3Racing Sakura. The XRAY plastic is a little more durable. But the 3Racing parts (c-hubs for example) are half the price - and you get 2 of them. So it's basically a quarter of the cost.

If you are not a top tier driver who is ultimately going to be testing the boards, even the XRAY plastic wont prevent you from earning broken parts.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjreed
I have both. The BT-4 "looks" to be the better car and has aluminum shocks, but the spur mount and 20T pulley are garbage and the diff leaks fluid like a bullet wound. If you change to a 64T spur like most people do, make sure it's the thinner ones, otherwise the screws that attach the pulley will be too short.

Parts for the Sakura can be found in more places online, but finding them in stock is another story. Especially the sway bar assembly, since that's one the 1st thing people upgrade. The next upgrade will be aluminum shocks because the plastic shock caps like the cry oil.

The most frequently broken parts on the BT-4, such as arms and c-hubs, rear hubs, etc are Xray interchangeable. I'm not sure about the bullet wound diff.

Long story short... both cars will cost you additional $$$ in upgrades, but out of the box, the Sakura will be less frustrating.
that helps. Nice thing the bt-4 has is a shell but that's no biggie as they cost maybe $25

Any 64p spur would work right? I think the FDR for this track is around 3.5 depending on brand of motor

Also if I am to run 21.5... has anyone tried running Shorties in them? I would have to get some foam to space it out but wondering if it throws it off balance. I've read in another thread running shorties in a TC is less consistent... probably due to the balance?

Last edited by Djchow85; 04-25-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Nice thing the bt-4 has is a shell but that's no biggie as they cost maybe $25
If you decide on the BT-4, buy another shell (body) right out the gate. I'm not sure what the body is made of it, but it can't be lexan. As soon as you hit a board, it cracks like glass and breaks off in chunks. Other users report the same thing.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Sakura is currently on sale on Hobbyking for 55 EUR in the EU warehouse. That leaves the BT-4 looking pretty expensive :-)

Regarding the parts cost - I usually broke the same part on one side multiple times on the same corner of the track. And here the Xray parts cost cca the same for the one part vs 2 Sakura parts. So for me the cost of Xray was roughly the same.

The one thing that the BT-4 looks to have much better is the top deck. No obvious weak spots like on the XI Sport. I broke 3 or 4 for of those, all on the same spot just behind the front screws.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Already out of stock...would be a no brainer as spare part vehicle
Damn...I always miss this kind of stuff ;(
Old 04-28-2016, 01:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys

I just bought the XI Sport kit.

I would like to know if I want to upgrade the Plastic Suspension Mounts( Rear & Front) 2 piece and 1 piece.

Which Aluminum ones should I get?

I'll be doing mostly 17.5 "Blinky" races on a asphalt track medium in size.

The degrees on the upgrades mounts really confuses me.

Plus will I need to upgrade the suspension pins as well?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2016, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Snooginz
Hi Guys

I would like to know if I want to upgrade the Plastic Suspension Mounts( Rear & Front) 2 piece and 1 piece.

Thanks
The standard rear hubs (uprights) have 2 degrees built in. So the total toe in is 2 + what you have on the RR suspension mount. Standard one has 1 degree, so you end up with a 3 degree toe in. If you decide to use the xray hubs, take the 0 degree ones, there is also a 3 degree holder in the kit.

For the aluminum holders - the pins are the same, but you will need pivot balls - part 415-02.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=2814

As an advice I would say don't buy anything. Just drive it as it is and learn to drive and set it up. If you want to spend more cash (as we all do ) get a setup station and a tire warmer. Or a better servo and radio. This will help you more than any upgrade to the chassis.

Last edited by perzeus; 04-28-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

The only thing I did was buying the front diff , cause every other guy on the track drives front diff.
One thing I'd really recomment would be the aluminium steering.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snooginz
Hi Guys

Thanks
I run the xi sport in 17.5 blinky, and USGT. My cars are completely stock, and contenders every week. The diffs can be frustrating, but build according to the thread on here and they are fine. I run them out of the box, with spur gear changes. I have broken 1 right a arm in 13 races. Im even running the kit diff fluid, and with the spool in front I out corner and accelerate all of the other cars with dual diffs. Run the XI with confidence, great car.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by perzeus
As an advice I would say don't buy anything. Just drive it as it is and learn to drive and set it up. If you want to spend more cash (as we all do ) get a setup station and a tire warmer. Or a better servo and radio. This will help you more than any upgrade to the chassis.
Thanks for the advice, I'll post pics of the build asap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.