3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Old 07-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
How thin is it compared too the kit supplied 3000 cst?

I preffer to use the rc stuff, simply for pairity. If i miss-place my 3000, i know that associated or xray 3000 is similar.

If you happen to lose your tube of mobile1, and you need to rebuild your diff to similar properties, what has the equivalent thickness?
This is more for the o-rings and to seal the diff, instead of green slime.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RKeasler
This is more for the o-rings and to seal the diff, instead of green slime.
I'm not sure how thick your Mobil is, but you should have green slime on hand. It's what you should use on all o-rings in your shocks.

Many believe, as do I, that the OEM of Associated's Green Slime is Noleen. Buy this jar and you should have enough to last a life time. It's what I use.
http://shop.noleenj6.com/product.sc?...&categoryId=13
Old 08-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Looking for some more info

What is the the part # for aluminum steering and what turn buckles do I need ? I read somewhere the stock ones are too short
Can I use zero s swaybars ? What other parts do I need for swaybar?
As for the the shocks do the zero springs work?
5.5 f 6.5 in rear?
Will the narrow suspension mounts work from zero?
Thanks rod
Chuck I noticed that you use 2000 in your rear dif. Do you still?

wow |I cant believe it took me this long to order 1
is the book stock set up good for beginners? or use facebook post or chucks on page 43?

Last edited by TeamThibault; 08-09-2015 at 12:24 AM. Reason: More questions
Old 08-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

I wanna put sway bar on my sakura IX too but i can't seem to find them available.

Oh, i have a question about the servo rubber bushing. Do you guy put them when you install your servo? I put the floating servo mount and its awesome. I was at the track yesterday and i had a lot of fun. But at the end of the day. I couldn't keep my car going straight till i broke my right side knuckle. Then i notice my servo was missing one screw and the other two was loose. I just wanna know what do you guys do.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Rod. SAK-U113 is the aluminim steeri system you are looking for.

The steel turnbuckles in the kit are fine. If you decide to pink them up, that's totally up to you.

The aluminum toe blocks from the zero have been known to work. But i decided to use the individual toe blocks for the FR and RF - essentially replacing the plastic o with metal ones. Having an aluminum brace across a big gaping hole where the diffs are, just seemed to look tacky.

The Zero swaybars will work. The mounting of the front swaybar will be a little different, but you'll likely have the parts to make it work. You will need 1.5 mm screws though.

The shock springs of the zero work just fine. You will be limited on how much droop/downstrops , use, but it will all be within normal operating parameters anyways.

I still use the same oil in the back diff.

The box stock setup works. Will it work for you? Hard to say. I know you like to tinker. And I know that if you get a Sakura Xi Sport, it will not be box stock for very long....

My setup works for me and the conditions we typically encounter in Canada indoor tracks. Hopefully it works for others too. There is no Sakura factory team out there, entering the ROAR championships and posting setups. So anything we fellow racers can do to help each other would be advantageous.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Chuck
I will upgrade a few items . I got some great words of encouragement from Ivan. So I just have to wait for rcmart and shipping companys. I will post some of my build pics when it gets here. Rcmart was out of steerning kits but the floating servo mount and ssk drive shaft will be shipped with it. so I will have to order steerning kit from else where.
Does the kit come with sway bar hardware that attaches to the arms?
Look forward to get back to racing in Sept.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
Thanks Chuck
I will upgrade a few items . I got some great words of encouragement from Ivan. So I just have to wait for rcmart and shipping companys. I will post some of my build pics when it gets here. Rcmart was out of steerning kits but the floating servo mount and ssk drive shaft will be shipped with it. so I will have to order steerning kit from else where.
Does the kit come with sway bar hardware that attaches to the arms?
Look forward to get back to racing in Sept.
Well its been over two years since I posted the first post on this chassis and now I finally have one . Look farward to building it for 17.5 tc. And getting it on the track.oh ya us to cad exchange sucks

Last edited by TeamThibault; 08-18-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

It certainly does right now. I'm just glad I bought into it when the exchange was still in our favour

If you got any build questions, you know how to reach me.

Chuck
Old 08-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Well I started building the Xi sport kit. And so far I'm happy that I stayed with sakura.
Well the plastic bulkheads have a lot of flex. So I'm going to leave the metal pc in the shock towers. One part I don't get is ca glue with spur gear holder? Any way I hope they get the metal steering parts in stock soon . Just a up date.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello all,

I've been reading this thread for a year now as a lurker and it helped me decide in buying this car. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it and I've recently noticed that hobbyking will be selling the XI sport in the near future too. So we're good for parts for the foreseeable future.

I run mine with a 10.5T, 48p 23t pinion and 80 spur but will change it soon again to an 85 teeth one. The usual upgrades have been done for carpet running.

Now I've got a problem with replacing a driveshaft where one side of the pin that goes in to differential outer joint has broken off.
No biggie I had already ordered a sak-x27 replacement but the little sleeve that fits in to that part to lock the pins is 0.2 mm too big.
Should I just take it to the lathe and turn it down?
Is there a replacement part that will fit in to the swing shaft sak-x27?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

You talking about these plastic blades?

http://www.3racing.de/3Racing-35mm-C...-Stk-Sakura-XI

I upgraded my diff outdrives to steel, which prevent me from running these blades.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

No,when you have the cvd and want to fit the replacement sak-x27(inner joint) to it you have to take the cvd apart. It's the little sleeve that fits in to the hole of sak-x27(inner joint) where the little screw is located to take them apart if that makes sense.

Think I've found it.
3racing.de/3Racing-SSK-Cross-Joint-fuer-SAK-X27 (am not yet allowed to post links..)
Is that correct and will that size fit in to the sak-x27 inner joint
Old 08-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Oh I see. You want to rebuild it. Yes, that would work.

http://www.rcmart.com/advanced_searc...x=-1060&y=-107
Old 08-24-2015, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok thanks
Old 08-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Posted in the zero thread as well but...

Anyone know where I can find Sak-45 in stock? (Stabilizer mounting kit)

Looks like absolutely everyone is sold out.

Or anyone have an extra set they'd be willing to sell me?!

**EDIT**
Nevermind. Hobbyking had them in stock for their "TD10". They were out of stock last week though. Now I just have to wait for shipping from HK...

Last edited by xjwolfpacker; 08-29-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.