Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

might be able to talk to the one LHS guy, he only in on saturdays, but since Covid stuff hasnt been back yet. other than him, no other on-road racers withing a few hundred miles (he drives about 6-8 hours on the weekends to washington to race). will double check all the screws though, didnt notice anything loose when i was cleaning it, seemed really tight tbh, just that touch of slop from the servo play.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snowman49
might be able to talk to the one LHS guy, he only in on saturdays, but since Covid stuff hasnt been back yet. other than him, no other on-road racers withing a few hundred miles (he drives about 6-8 hours on the weekends to washington to race). will double check all the screws though, didnt notice anything loose when i was cleaning it, seemed really tight tbh, just that touch of slop from the servo play.
Understood. Can see why asking another isn't such an easy task. If all are tight as you've checked out then maybe it all rests on the play you're getting. I can see how not being able to fig out the issue you're getting would be such a pain.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Sakura xi Sport

I am going to build a VTA car based on the Sakura xi Sport kit. I want to build this car as inexpensively as I can.

Can I get some recommendations for motor, esc, and servo for the car. Keep in mind I want to keep to an inexpensive VTA car.

Thank You for any suggestions.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

well, for some reason i guess my comment didnt post about a week ago?
jammin684 i would look at either Trackstar 21.5 combo if you can find one, or Hobbywing Justock 21.5 Combo.
trackstar seems to be backordered though
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tracksta...en_us_products
Hobbywing:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...14797108543603
servo, after owning one for a short time, i will say i recommend a low profile servo, though a full size does do just fine, just a bit tight mounting.
look for a good speed servo though (i dont really trust cheap amazon/ebay speed specs, would look into a name brand, but thats me)
Old 08-06-2020, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

well i was able to visit with the RC guy at my LHS who races on-road about the pulling, he advised me to swap out diff fluid to a bit heavier as that is what he thinks is causing it. the little bit of slack in the servo which i thought would be the issue he said was pretty negligible.
he recommended going to 5k or 7.5k in the rear diff, going to try that soon here i believe. (if i can find some time).
he has a 21.5 turn Reedy motor he is going to sell me for what i think is a pretty decent price, hoping to pick that up from him saturday.

think next on the agenda for it is new tires/wheels, i like the ones on it, but want to try a different set (never really played around with tires on something like this).
thinking some VTA tires, or a lightly treaded option, im seeing duratrax is doing TC tires now, tempted to try them, especially at the price point.
think i want more offset to be a touch wider too, though the car is super stable as is.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

more or less i guess for FYI, still having pulling issues though they seem to be not quite as bad, as soon as the car goes over a transition or the flatness of the ground changes/slopes it starts to dart pretty good and keep going that direction, may try going up to 10k fluid just as a test.
also i got a 21.5 Reedy S+Plus motor in it now, excited to try that out! most likely going to be a bit slower, but that is not a bad thing especially for my skill level of driving.
so far still loving the car though, taken a few good impacts to curbs and still trucking (car-ing?). no slop really whatsoever, still wanting a low profile servo for it, found a few of the cheaper/amazon ones, thinking about this:
Amazon Amazon
any input is appreciated if anyone has experience with it or that company.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Is this still a good entry level car and are parts available for it?
Old 08-25-2020, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jammin684
Is this still a good entry level car and are parts available for it?
it was my first car, seems like it is right above entry level with the option to go further. still able to find plenty of parts through RaceVTA.com, Integy.com, and a few others.
i would recommend getting it. the build was alot of fun, and driving it around is great. seems really planted and handles really well (aside from my issue above, but doesnt seem common and most likely a setup issue).
Old 08-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Thank You for your input Snowman49.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Top decks back in stock ... SAK-XS107/FRP
snowman49 and tomcat125 like this.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all. This is the first touring car I've ever had. Could someone direct me to a decent touring car spring set? I'm going to be racing a locked timing 17.5 class. Thanks in advance for help.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by henry
Hey all. This is the first touring car I've ever had. Could someone direct me to a decent touring car spring set? I'm going to be racing a locked timing 17.5 class. Thanks in advance for help.
SAK-A538 will work on the XI shocks, and when you upgrade to a newer kit you will already have the springs These are a little shorter and bigger then the XI's but work just fine.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all. I have one more dumb noob question. Do these vehicles take proprietary spur gears? Just want to make sure.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Hey all. I have one more dumb noob question. Do these vehicles take proprietary spur gears? Just want to make sure.
There might be others that fit, but they use 4 posts w/ screws on the spur adapter, so the spur needs 8 holes spaced correctly. Easiest to use theirs:
3RACING
Old 12-16-2020, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

All I ever used on the XI was 3racing gears
48p Search - sg48
64p Search - sg64

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.