R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What best car 1/10? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/726662-what-best-car-1-10-a.html)

Brunogca 05-01-2013 06:08 PM

What best car 1/10?

Hello guys. I am new to the forum but old RC, I'm torn between which electrical chassis is better, someone could help me? I'm torn between these:

- T.O.P Photon EX
- ARC R10
- S411 TE

Which of these is better in your opinion? Looking for a car that is light and not too much slack

Thank's.

vivo quevas 05-01-2013 07:35 PM

I only know one of those cars you need info on so I recomend TOP Photon my friend drives one and he is fast with it. IMHOP

95lscoupe 05-01-2013 07:49 PM

If your not set on thos 3 I would look into an xray t4 very good quality and much easyier to setup.

RogerDaShrubber 05-02-2013 05:48 AM

HSP, enough said.

B00t13g 05-02-2013 09:16 AM

S411. I would get a t4 instead though. You can't beat x ray quality or customer service.

Brunogca 05-02-2013 09:41 AM

Thanks for the replies.

The XRAY T4 I know it's a great car, but among these three that I said what is the best in performance, which has the lowest weight, easy to adjust?

Ty.

B00t13g 05-02-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Brunogca (Post 12109508)
Thanks for the replies.

The XRAY T4 I know it's a great car, but among these three that I said what is the best in performance, which has the lowest weight, easy to adjust?

Ty.

Which is why I told you s411.

Andy159 07-03-2013 03:25 AM

I dnt know all about these three cars that you have mentioned here.I know just about one and that is the ARC RC.ARC RC have introduced their R10 1/10th 190mm EP touring car chassis. It has been designed with a minimum of parts that not only keeps overall weight down, but also makes maintenance and setup on race day easier. The ultra precise ball-ends and steel-hardened balls have been designed and developed to ensure minimum tolerances and remove play in the joint.

Regards.
Andy.

Mugen10 07-03-2013 06:32 AM

I got to drive 2 of the cars around a track before. (Top and Serpent).
First I am guessing you will be racing them on a asphalt or carpet track. The top seem to be easy to drive but I thought it was a bit fragile based on the owner seem to break it often. He was a ok driver.
The Serpent is a very nice looking car. I thought it was based on the Tamiya 416 car. I think it would be great for asphalt racing and in the right hands could be fast on carpet. You may have to buy some parts to add more flex. (one piece roll center blocks).
That would be my guess based on how it felt on the carpet track I drove it on.

So with that said. If you don't mind paying more for part and you can get the parts easy from your LHS. I would go with Serpent.

locked 07-03-2013 06:37 AM

They're all competitive cars. Just depends on who is driving them.

I don't think you can definitively say that one of them is much better than the others. I think the Serpent is a little better than T.O.P. for fit and finish (materials tolerances), but that on it's own doesn't necessarily make it a better race car. I'm not too familiar with the ARC car other than seeing Josh Cyrul dominate with them at the last carpet nats.

Jerry P 07-03-2013 06:41 AM

Pick one that as good parts availability and local support. It great to be able to get info from other people driving the car.