R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #61
Tech Master

Only thing i agree on is the Duratrax ice being up there! tc4 is good but now way does it beat to the xray and 415 when it comes to quality!
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:24 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by axel
Only thing i agree on is the Duratrax ice being up there! tc4 is good but now way does it beat to the xray and 415 when it comes to quality!
Aluminum bling and graphite plate doesn't = speed.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #63
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to racermac71

tc4, cobalt lmao........ go figure
racermac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #64
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Soviet
Aluminum bling and graphite plate doesn't = speed.
yeah, but the 415 and the xray are both lighter, better out of the box, and much more FREE than the tc4. Maybe when the Team factory tc4 comes out it will be different.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:43 PM   #65
Tech Master

I say again...For those who missed it...
Quote:
Originally posted by Soviet
This is hilarious!

Some of you are forgetting something.

I ask:

Do you remember being a kid and all excited about R/C in the 1980's ???

I know I do...It was great. My dad got me a new Hornet and Magnum Jr. radio. Many fun afternoons jumping ramps, off-roading and "racing" went down.

As a kid in love with my new hobby, I always wanted to read about it and look for hop-ups for my car and tricks to make it faster.

What was ALWAYS in my backpack from grades 5-10???

An issue of Radio Control Car Action.

I would sneak it into class and dream about hopping up my car. It was nothing but good times.

However, now I'm an adult, a former Marine, a grad-student and am getting married. My hobby has matured along with me.

I now race. I run Carpet 1/12th and touring. I know rollout equations and can tell what my car is doing wrong with just a couple laps. Where as a kid I MAY of have a max of about $300 into the hobby, I now have easily over $8000.00 invested if not more.

However think of this...how many of us adults are rolling up an issue of RCCA in our briefcases and daydreaming all day of big-air and cool hop-ups for our cars???

Not many...

The kids are the ones who vote in these polls and are into the hobby for fun, not senseless bickering. Besides, are any of you or your "hardcore" racing friends gonna suddenly buy brand X just because it's "#1" in a READERS CHOICE POLL?!?!?

I don't think so...

Pull your heads out of your asses and leave the damn magazine alone.

-Me
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 PM   #66
Tech Elite

RCCA and most magazines for that point, arn't designed to entertain the weekly racer. They are for the beginner and basher that is looking for news and reviews on some of their most admired rc products.

How else are the beginners going to get their info? I remember when I started racing. I bought the XXX-NT RTR. I got a subscription to RCCA. I remember making my purchasing decision based on their ads and how they reviewed the cars.

Now WE can come on here and find out anything about any car within minutes. We can get different opinions from dozens of racers. The basher doesn't do that b/c his obsession and attention level isn't substantial enough to acquire the knowledge we can. So he reads RCCA, sends in his ballot. Most likely votes for the Cobalt, a low selling motor, b/c the basher has a trinity motor in his car. He doesn't realize that the Revolution V2 motor has equal power, but much greater intervals between maintance. Same scenerio for the TC's and NP Tc's.

I do realize that there are acceptions to this statement, so please don't attack me for my comment.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #67
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
RCCA and most magazines for that point, arn't designed to entertain the weekly racer. They are for the beginner and basher that is looking for news and reviews on some of their most admired rc products.

How else are the beginners going to get their info? I remember when I started racing. I bought the XXX-NT RTR. I got a subscription to RCCA. I remember making my purchasing decision based on their ads and how they reviewed the cars.

Now WE can come on here and find out anything about any car within minutes. We can get different opinions from dozens of racers. The basher doesn't do that b/c his obsession and attention level isn't substantial enough to acquire the knowledge we can. So he reads RCCA, sends in his ballot. Most likely votes for the Cobalt, a low selling motor, b/c the basher has a trinity motor in his car. He doesn't realize that the Revolution V2 motor has equal power, but much greater intervals between maintance. Same scenerio for the TC's and NP Tc's.

I do realize that there are acceptions to this statement, so please don't attack me for my comment.
Right on!, my brotha from anotha!!!

-Me
Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #68
Tech Master

I'm also really surprised the helios isn't up there.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #69
Tech Rookie

An off-topic quickie for Soviet: where'd you get that pic of toasted Anakin? It looks way better than the scanned-from-a-magazine one that I've seen online. Anyone seen EpIII yet? Is that a genuine shot of Anakin post-lava?

Thanks in advance for tolerating an intrusion of Star Wars geekery.
PeterVieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #70
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterVieira
An off-topic quickie for Soviet: where'd you get that pic of toasted Anakin? It looks way better than the scanned-from-a-magazine one that I've seen online. Anyone seen EpIII yet? Is that a genuine shot of Anakin post-lava?

Thanks in advance for tolerating an intrusion of Star Wars geekery.
I got it from some fan site in the UK. I dunno...I just wanted something grusome for an avatar.

About the movie...I have reserved tickets for the opening tomorrow night @ 12:01am.

-Me
Old 05-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

I can't believe all this talk because someone (or some people) don't like the results of a poll. If you don't want to keep hearing the same old thing, next year vote yourself.

I admit I follow RC much more than the 'full scale' automotive scene, but dosen't every real car commerical or ad state it is a winner of some award, some poll from a magazine. Who decides that? Do you care about that?

As for too many ads in the mag - have you looked at FHM or Maxum (spelled wrong too late at night) - great shots of women if you get through the ads.

These people are trying to inform a wide variety of people. Seasoned racers, who know the ins and outs of a ball diff with their eyes closed. New blood, that just started and want to learn. Bashers, who only car about how high, how fast, how shinny. And the lookers, people looking to find out what our industry is about. Those are four very different groups of people to try and please. They are have different wants and things that get their attention. Every one of these magazine is trying to do just that. They are here to try and make our sport grow. Reach out and pull in new people, who have new ideas, who will hopefully, make the sport grow.
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:22 PM   #72
Tech Master

o i voted... i voted for the ice and pro4 and forgot the rest.