R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #16
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hmmmm, no defense to being corporate sheep?
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatkat
RadiotrinityControlteamassociatedCarteamlosiActiontowerhobbies caters to the companies, not the hobbyist. Pack your mag full of ads for huge companies trinity, and this is what happens. The free-thinking public abandons the mag, and is enlightened for doing so.
Actually, I am the free thinking public and I LIKE the mag. Yes, there are alot of adds in the magazine, but ANY magazine in the world has them, it's called paying the bills. I understand how things work and see things for what they are. It seems alot of hardcore RC guys are so brand loyal that they can't see that racing is a small part of the hobby and are offended when "newbs" and "bashers" don't see things their way. It's really NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!! Just because somebody sees things differently, doesn't mean they are wrong
RCevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:19 PM   #18
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by elcid4300
Actually, I am the free thinking public and I LIKE the mag. Yes, there are alot of adds in the magazine, but ANY magazine in the world has them, it's called paying the bills. I understand how things work and see things for what they are. It seems alot of hardcore RC guys are so brand loyal that they can't see that racing is a small part of the hobby and are offended when "newbs" and "bashers" don't see things their way. It's really NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!! Just because somebody sees things differently, doesn't mean they are wrong

I fully understand the need to make money, but when that need eclipses the point of the publication, there's a problem. I'm not sure what you mean by the mention of brand loyalty, but I don't think it applies here. You say you see things for what they are, but you fail to see that rcca is less concerned about you than their bank account.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hmmmm, no defense to being corporate sheep?

Yeah, it's like being called a rapist....whether it's true or not makes no difference. Just because somebody says it, it must be true.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #20
Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, it's like being called a rapist....whether it's true or not makes no difference. Just because somebody says it, it must be true.

Have you SEEN their mag?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Lets have another magazine due a readers choice award.

Like one that is not owned by trinity.
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #22
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterVieira
Phatkat, there's seems to be something wrong with your spacebar. It occasionally sticks in the name of a manufacturer instead of a space. Just letting you know.

Your editors seem to stick in the name of a manufacturer rather than a story. Or a tech article. Or, well, pretty much anything useful.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
I fully understand the need to make money, but when that need eclipses the point of the publication, there's a problem. I'm not sure what you mean by the mention of brand loyalty, but I don't think it applies here. You say you see things for what they are, but you fail to see that rcca is less concerned about you than their bank account.
They are? Seems I enjoy reading it every month!! Don't forget what they do (have done) for the hobby. I remember seeing their mag WAAAAY back in the day when TCs were becoming popular. There was a picture of a TA01 Mercedes sliding sideways with full opposite lock on. That picture alone got me into RC and I, in turn, have gotten MANY of my friends into this fun hobby. Yes, the mag has changed and I don't like all of it ( I am not really a truck guy) but I realize that I am NOT the only person who reads it, they do need to apeal to a broad audience.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:29 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Either way...whether is accurate counting or a bunch of crap, I loved the way Peter glanced over Rick's comment....

Maybe you should post the results somewhere, Peter...Becuase a) it will stop your mag getting the bad internet press it gets every year at this time; b) would be nice to see how many people voted for brand X; and c) it would end this discussion once and for all

Now if the results are tainted by in-house personnel, than that's a completely different story...

Yea, its a reader's poll and reader are easily pursuaded into believing something is the best becuase its purdy...but I find it hard to believe some of your results....Going on your theory of reader's, not racers, vote - then how did O'Donnell fuel make the top 3?? most bashers wouldn't know 1 from from another unless they see it in a shop all the time...and O'Donnell fuel is more commonly associated with Racing, not bashing....

hmmmmm
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by k_bojar
Either way...whether is accurate counting or a bunch of crap, I loved the way Peter glanced over Rick's comment....

Maybe you should post the results somewhere, Peter...Becuase a) it will stop your mag getting the bad internet press it gets every year at this time; b) would be nice to see how many people voted for brand X; and c) it would end this discussion once and for all

Now if the results are tainted by in-house personnel, than that's a completely different story...

Yea, its a reader's poll and reader are easily pursuaded into believing something is the best becuase its purdy...but I find it hard to believe some of your results....Going on your theory of reader's, not racers, vote - then how did O'Donnell fuel make the top 3?? most bashers wouldn't know 1 from from another unless they see it in a shop all the time...and O'Donnell fuel is more commonly associated with Racing, not bashing....

hmmmmm
I am pretty sure no matter what he says, it wouldn't matter. Somebody would just find something to shoot holes in....just like you did with the O'Donnell fuel.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:37 PM   #26
Tech Rookie

I've been doing this for years guys, and there's no point in engaging Phat on this. It's not my job to change people's opinions! If you don't like RCCA--fine! I will always be happy to address points of FACT, but if it's Phat's opinion that RCCA is biased, or doesn't serve his interests, fine--it's his opinion. It's an opinion I don't agree with, but we're all entitled to our opinions.
PeterVieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #27
Suspended

Quote:
I am pretty sure no matter what he says, it wouldn't matter. Somebody would just find something to shoot holes in....just like you did with the O'Donnell fuel.

I see much less "hole shooting" in anything that RC Driver or XRC does. Maybe those other mags don't have the inflated ego problem.

Where are the REAL results, Peter?

In rcca, the "big companies" get these huge pages, because they can afford them, but the small guys get these little cramped squares at the BACK of the mag. It's obvious where the priorities are; not with the people who matter-the little guy.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #28
Tech Rookie

...and if any of that sounded sarcastic, it wasn't meant to. I honestly respect anyone's opinion, good or bad, about RCCA.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:41 PM   #29
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterVieira
It's not my job to change people's opinions!

Your mag shows otherwise.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:47 PM   #30
Tech Rookie

Phat, you can prod me all you want, I'm not going to lose my temper or blast you. If you don't like RCCA, or even me personally, that's fine by me. We can't please everyone. I, and the rest of the editors, just do the best job we can to review products honestly, report the latest news, and put out what we think is a fun magazine. If it's not for you, that's ok.