R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Redcat exp drift (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/724808-redcat-exp-drift.html)

theblitzkidd 04-24-2013 10:24 AM

Redcat exp drift

I searched and turned up with a no results, so I was jw if anyone likes this particular car!!

vwjuice 04-24-2013 11:10 AM

I have the Redcat lightning stk. same car just different body and wheels/tires. I also have 2 Hpi on road sedans. I always grab the Redcat one. I installed an Hpi 1970 boss mustang body, full led light kit, and older Tamiya wheels/tires. Along with a 5000mah 40c 2s lipo. The car is a freakin blast. It's fast enough with the stock motor to get out of control, but its still easy to drift. I love the car and have never broken a single part even when I put rally tires on it and ran it on the track.

However I wouldn't buy a Redcat version. Exceed and hsp sell the exact same thing for a lot less. You can get the brushless pro version from exceed/hsp for the same amount as the Redcat.

I say buy one. I you're looking for one to have fun with in front of the house they are great. Plus they offer all the upgrades that others do with the exception of ball diffs. That's my ONLY complaint.

theblitzkidd 04-24-2013 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by vwjuice (Post 12082012)
I have the Redcat lightning stk. same car just different body and wheels/tires. I also have 2 Hpi on road sedans. I always grab the Redcat one. I installed an Hpi 1970 boss mustang body, full led light kit, and older Tamiya wheels/tires. Along with a 5000mah 40c 2s lipo. The car is a freakin blast. It's fast enough with the stock motor to get out of control, but its still easy to drift. I love the car and have never broken a single part even when I put rally tires on it and ran it on the track.

However I wouldn't buy a Redcat version. Exceed and hsp sell the exact same thing for a lot less. You can get the brushless pro version from exceed/hsp for the same amount as the Redcat.

I say buy one. I you're looking for one to have fun with in front of the house they are great. Plus they offer all the upgrades that others do with the exception of ball diffs. That's my ONLY complaint.

Well I bought it today and turns out it is the exeed version, and it's got a dtx 3900 motor so I think it's fast lol, and it has aluminum knuckles I got it for 80 so I guess it'll work for that cheap a price lol

vwjuice 04-24-2013 09:56 PM

That's a good price. I love mine. Is a blast to drive on a road that has a layer of dirt or dust on it. With my old mustang body it reminds me of the racon from dukes of hazard.

brett309 04-25-2013 01:56 AM

I have Flying Fish 2 BMW Electric RC Drift Car and i am loving it. This RTR Radio Controlled Drift car is electric powered and perfect for indoor or outdoor operation. Based on the popular and durable on road electric powered car, specially designed solid compound drift tires, and pre-mounted high performance wheels.