Wiki Posts
Search

Need help identifying 1/12 pan car

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need help identifying 1/12 pan car

Picked up this car for a price that was too good to pass up, looks like an older CRC but doesn't look like a Gen X from the pictures I've seen. Definitely not a t-bar car, but the rear suspension reminds me of a 12L. Anyone know what it is? I want to see if I can get a brushless pod for it and the missing rear shock. I would love it if someone knew where I could get that stuff too, but at least knowing what I have would be a good start
Attached Thumbnails Need help identifying 1/12 pan car-car1.jpg   Need help identifying 1/12 pan car-car2.jpg   Need help identifying 1/12 pan car-car3.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRGN
Picked up this car for a price that was too good to pass up, looks like an older CRC but doesn't look like a Gen X from the pictures I've seen. Definitely not a t-bar car, but the rear suspension reminds me of a 12L. Anyone know what it is? I want to see if I can get a brushless pod for it and the missing rear shock. I would love it if someone knew where I could get that stuff too, but at least knowing what I have would be a good start
It's a CRC carpet knife. There were several versions, but it looks like a hybrid car. The top rear piece of carbon is from another car which is obvious because of the different weave material compared to the other parts. Back in the day, it was pretty common to make or change parts. That is what appears to have happened to your car.

Steve
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks! Now the hunt for parts begins... Would probably be cheaper to buy a whole newer car but where's the fun in that?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Wasn't the CRC originally a conversion for the 12L? If so that would explain why it looks like a hybrid of the 2.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are we sure that top pod plate is off the 12L though? The one I have has a different shape to it.