R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Best 1/8 Non-Ballooning Tire?

Another "best" thread.

I'm looking for a slick or a high traction 1/8th tire that does not balloon. I'm using the X0-1 tires and they do not balloon but the compound is a little too hard. If they were only just a bit softer they would be perfect.

If anyone has some links of what you've used that worked please post them up.

Thanks
__________________
.......__________________
....../_==o;;;;;;;;__ _____]
.....), ---.(_(__)
.....// (..)//
....//___// Support NRA!
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Another "best" thread.

I'm looking for a slick or a high traction 1/8th tire that does not balloon. I'm using the X0-1 tires and they do not balloon but the compound is a little too hard. If they were only just a bit softer they would be perfect.

If anyone has some links of what you've used that worked please post them up.

Thanks
The only tires that do not balloon are foams.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

http://www.brucknerhobbies.com/cgi-local/cart.pl
look for the grp revo b tires i have a set and they don't balloon. they are shorter than the xo-1 tires though.
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
M3Man03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 448
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
The only tires that do not balloon are foams.
Incorrect. Poster is looking for a belted tire.

I use these:

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/18-GT8_c_25.html
__________________
Team Durango DESC210R / DEX210 / DEX410 / DETC410 / SJF01-F1 / Tamiya 416x / TE-Maxx 3.3 / OFNA DM-1e
M3Man03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Man03 View Post
Incorrect. Poster is looking for a belted tire.

I use these:

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/18-GT8_c_25.html
All rubber tires balloon, even those 1/8th belted ones you linked, watch them in slow motion and measure the deformation cause by inertia. They might not grow to 4 times their size like an offroad tire will, but, even 1mm is still the tire ballooning. The only tires that do not deform from inertia are foams and any other solid material that cannot stretch.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
M3Man03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 448
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
All rubber tires balloon, even those 1/8th belted ones you linked, watch them in slow motion and measure the deformation cause by inertia. They might not grow to 4 times their size like an offroad tire will, but, even 1mm is still the tire ballooning. The only tires that do not deform from inertia are foams and any other solid material that cannot stretch.
Foam tires do the same thing, sorry say.

Foam inherently is a elastic material.

I have a set of foams and a set of those Sweep belted tires - they both slightly expand about the same amount under load.
__________________
Team Durango DESC210R / DEX210 / DEX410 / DETC410 / SJF01-F1 / Tamiya 416x / TE-Maxx 3.3 / OFNA DM-1e
M3Man03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Thanks all, I'll take a look at the links. I like foams just hate the chattering in a turn.
__________________
.......__________________
....../_==o;;;;;;;;__ _____]
.....), ---.(_(__)
.....// (..)//
....//___// Support NRA!
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net