Wiki Posts
Search

Rayspeed Accord Body

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Rayspeed Accord Body

Has anyone run this body yet? I am wondering how it handles compred to say the Stratus 3.0 or the Parma Alfa. I am looking for a body to run at SoCal r/c and some of the surrounding tracks. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

at my track there are like 2 people running them and they say they handle well. I believe they said it was something similar to the mazda 6. I have to say, the rear decklid is long, i was like DANG! cause you could tell the difference just by looking at it, where some others, they all look about similar.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

I went from a Mazda 6 to a Rayspeed Accord and it seems to have a touch more steering. I just ran my first intermediate race with this body at So Cal on Tueday.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ive run this body at socal before too...

i havent gone back and forth enough to tell if the rayspeed has more front downforce, or less rear downforce, but the overall feel seems to be near mazda stability (mazda is still more stable), but better turn in...
Old 05-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wonder why the guy that gets on all the body threads and says that TC bodies don't make no difference hasn't been to this one yet???
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

He's busy trying to put his shocks on upside down.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
I wonder why the guy that gets on all the body threads and says that TC bodies don't make no difference hasn't been to this one yet???
That guy is me and...

They don't...

Run Accord, Mazda and Alpha back to back. Unless you are Masami, your brain is fooling you if you say you can "feel" a MAJOR difference.

Notice I said major. There is a difference and some sedan bodies MAY have a few more grams of downforce than others. However given identical rear wing area, the difference is minor.

I am and have always been a proponent for people to learn how to properly setup their car mechanically.

Swapping shells for different effect is a crutch for people who don't know how to tune.

There...I stopped by. Happy???
Old 05-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jack Smash
He's busy trying to put his shocks on upside down.
Until Josh Cyrul told me that he in effect already tried it and it hurt performance.

I know when to listen.

Yet thats what the site is for right?!?! Intelligent and fun conversation about our favorite hobby...

I've always tried to think out of the box. As it's better to try something new and fail than to never try anything at all.

Right?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

LMAO!!! You are toooo funny!!

BTW- what's the best you've ever qualified at a National event?

Oh wait, sorry, national events are only for people that use optimum body dynamics as a crutch for their inability to tune their suspension... and surely you wouldn't lower yourself to race with those idiots!!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Soviet- not trying to start a flame war, just bustin yer bawlz. Seriously, maybe you should ask Josh about aerodynamics since you seem to trust his judgement. I'm sure he will shoot you straight.

It's late- I'm out. Happy racing
Old 05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

LMAO!!! You are toooo funny!!

BTW- what's the best you've ever qualified at a National event?

Oh wait, sorry, national events are only for people that use optimum body dynamics as a crutch for their inability to tune their suspension... and surely you wouldn't lower yourself to race with those idiots!!
3rd SE ROAR regionals 1992. On-Road 1/10th Pan Andy's Hobbies, FL.

Numerous 1/12th and 1/10th wins in club races since 1998.

3rd Place points Modified Touring @ Debbies RC World Onroad-Series 2002.

The top guys use the same bodies probably due to a "group think" mentality. You show up...the super fast guy is using Body X and then everyone else does too...I've seen it happen all the time at the club / regional level, so why wouldn't it happen at the top as well???

Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Soviet- not trying to start a flame war, just bustin yer bawlz. Seriously, maybe you should ask Josh about aerodynamics since you seem to trust his judgement. I'm sure he will shoot you straight.

It's late- I'm out. Happy racing
Oh and trust me, unless Josh Cyrul has a BS in Aeronautical Engineering, I'm quite sure I'm one of the more knowledgeable on the subject here...

Last edited by Soviet; 05-13-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Soviet
That guy is me and...

They don't...

Run Accord, Mazda and Alpha back to back. Unless you are Masami, your brain is fooling you if you say you can "feel" a MAJOR difference.
smoke crack, pot, or heroin, unless your a rock star your brain is fooling you if you can say you feel the difference.

i never went from a mazda to accord, but going to say a cts or an altezza to an accord was a big difference, and i suck!!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by odawg315 smoke crack, pot, or heroin, unless your a rock star your brain is fooling you if you can say you feel the difference.
Can???

How about can'T.

Last edited by Soviet; 05-13-2005 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Although I will say that being from an aviation background may color my perception slightly.

I really would like to see an article that compares the leading bodies in a wind tunnel.

The bodies would have to be setup in such a way with digital scales on the front right, left, center and rear left right. That way you could get pressure measurements of the downforce at various airspeeds.

That would give us a good indication once and for all just how much downforce these bodies actually produce and where.

Finally you would do the math to figure out total frontal area on each body and it's corresponding drag and reynolds numbers.

I'm willing to wager that if that kind of comprehensive test was performed, you would find that all current ROAR approved Sedan shells would be within 8% of each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.