R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #61
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by fjm9898
they probably do work there. any car will work anywhere
you're not too far away, come on down to the speedworld challenge cup june 11-12 at speedworld raceway in roseville ca. there will probably be more s/d cars there at once than any other time. if you like i bet i can even get you a setup sheet from one of the local pros. please come i would love nothing more than to see someone make a shaft work out here, it'll be nice to have some different competition. just like any other sport, you get sick of watching the same guys winning, maybe if you can get your car to work here we might finally see some shafts show up at the track.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf swrcup2005.pdf (155.5 KB, 95 views)
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:38 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Biz_Nessman
. if shaft was really better then why is yokomo going BACK to belt drive?
in fact yokomo is releasing another shaft car after the belt car. if you haven't driven (and most haven't cause they are on the shelf collection dust) the yok SDW you don't know what your missing. however the car does have a problem with torque steer when using a mod motor, the reason for the belt car is to cure this problem. yok recommends the the belt for mod, shaft for 19t and stock. however many are having great success with the bd in stock. just cause they don't run any at your track or area doesn't mean they are not good, in fact at my local pavement track there are is only one jrxs, 2 x-rays, no shoies, no kawadas, no corallys and only two pro 4's the car of choice is the tc3/4 or xxx-s.

it was apparent to me by the second post that he had already made his choice. there are so many good cars, all able to win, that the only way to chose would be to follow the crowd, parts support or price. if you know what your looking for in a car buy the one that suits YOUR needs, not everyone elses that need to be validated in thier choice. and even though i think everyone should buy where they race, if they don't have and won't stock your parts, then shop on line, www.speedtechrc.com has just about all your choices covered along with parts, and hop ups. have a nice day, and if any of that bothered you in anyway, then i apoligize up front.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:44 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i would love to and accually i am coming to cali but later. but i dont get out of college till... i think my last final is the 14th
Old 05-15-2005, 09:51 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by fjm9898
i would love to and accually i am coming to cali but later. but i dont get out of college till... i think my last final is the 14th

sorry to hear that, but yes get your education first thats more important. but. . . . you could always come down for the losi touring car championships, there's no firm date as of yet but i think its supposed to be some time in late august early september. check www.speedworldraceway.com for more info.
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #65
Tech Elite

wow your tack is pretty cool, i might have to stop by there on my way to LA. but it think i would get ebat there anyways because i wouldn't have any pratice on it, where you guys proabably have the layout down flat
Old 05-15-2005, 10:02 PM   #66
Tech Elite

i can also see the advantage belts would have at your track because it is very wide open and the low end advantage shafts had wouldn't come into play
Old 05-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #67
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Yo Will, how bad do you want to win? If it's at any cost, here ya go: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread....;threadid=71988
Haha....chad i don't want to win that bad....with the extemely unavailability of parts and the very high price, I think I'm going to stick with the JRX-S. Are you getting a little scared that I might just be too fast to handle after I get this JRX-S. haha....j/k chad, i know you'll prob. always beat me.
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
STEVE @ Speedtechrc has everything you'll need. -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:11 PM   #69
FWR
Tech Addict

I am not sure if they are shaft or belt, but it seems to me that all the cars the fast guys are buying always end up winning. Even though a lot of other people have the same type of car but always run slower. I am thinking that if I hang around at the hobby store long enough one of those fast guys will come in a buy a car. I could distract them at the counter right before they buy it and I buy it instead, then I will have a fast car too.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by FWR
I am not sure if they are shaft or belt, but it seems to me that all the cars the fast guys are buying always end up winning. Even though a lot of other people have the same type of car but always run slower. I am thinking that if I hang around at the hobby store long enough one of those fast guys will come in a buy a car. I could distract them at the counter right before they buy it and I buy it instead, then I will have a fast car too.
... best post on this thread yet -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:17 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mdoc
sorry to hear that soviet, maybe someday........
???

Huh?

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:54 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by WD40
chad, i know you'll prob. always beat me.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

I have had the

TC4
Yok BD
Pro 4
and now the JRXS

on asphalt........

LOSI (out of the box) bar none!

the other cars needed things (i.e.-solid center shaft, spool or front diff up front, springs, etc.)

for somethin race ready OUT OF THE BOX,

go with the Losi, trust me I've tried them all on one of the best tracks in the country, and for the avg. "Joe Blow" like 90% of us on this thread the Losi is the most drivable, forgiving, and "out of the box" ready out of the most recent releases out there right now.....

not to take anything away from the other cars 'cause there are ALL great machines, but I have to go with the Losi (no additional expenses needed!!!!!) you'll be race ready with nothin else to buy for the car...... it's easy on you wallet as well, considering the $$$ of some of the kits mentioned

my .02..........
Old 05-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #74
Tech Elite

I noticed you said, "and now the JRXS". Usually for the "joe-blow" racer, he/she will improve on driving, tuning, and racing skills as they progress with their rc career. So your newest car, will most likely be the fastest for you.

The only people that we can get a truely unbiased opinion from would be the guys that have been racing for 10+ years and have/do own every car on the market.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know a car everyone should get..

its called "TRACK TIME!"
Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote