R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-15-2005, 08:04 PM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to 503racer

well i guess you could say it was the driver BUT i use to race a tc3 and i felt and was told i drove good, but i didnt get first, now and have my pro 4 and it has helped me out a bunch
503racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yea i still run tc3s now but i am going to get a few pro4s, one for carpet and the 05 spec for asphalt. you really cant go wrong with a pro4. but ill keep my old tc3 in backup because its such a simple car it always works

so.... Biz_Nessman
a shaft and a 5 year old shaft car can kill on asphalt as proved in the paved nats. you just dont see them because your hobby store doesnt carry parts for shafties or just everyone that you dirve with found the belts are better for them. so as you see its should be people aroind there like a belt more then a shaft, not that shafts suck because no one has them. its all personally as a drive what car you see best fit your driving style
Old 05-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by 503racer
when the rose city guys are asphalt racing you see, tc3, pro 3, pro 4, x-rays, corally, xxxs, ect ect. and i can tell ya that the tc3 has never come out on top
HERE TOO! whether its a losi, xray, rdx, 415 or even a schumacher, its always the belts that end up winning around here also. theres even people out here that are getting rid of their tc3/tc4's and buying used XXXS's from the guys that got the jrxs. maybe its just an asphalt thing but the shafties don't win out here.

and i'm pretty sure that belts are better on carpet also, considering the recent success of the new xray and the rdx on carpet and now that us mortals have it, well get to see where the jrxs will fit in. throw in the other belt drives that are also very fast and i'm not sure that there's room for a shaft drive to compete on a consistent basis.

just what i see--and you cant argue with results.
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #49
Tech Elite

once again i must turn to the facts, another local guy i know won both 19t and stock at our carpet regionals with a tc4 and a tc4 got second at the carpet nationals this year. so please stop talking down the shafties because they can win, its just the drivers you know arent good enough to make a shaft win because untill AE comes out with a FT a tc4 will take alot of time to make win. what other facts must i give to prove a shaft can win?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to 503racer

^^^ about belts being better on carpet, that really depends, shafts are better on short carpet tracks and really any short track, belts are better for more of the wide open longer tracks, the reason is is that the shafts have better torque and better get up and go, the belts have a better top en,d dont get me wrong im not saying belts arent as good as shafts on carpet im just saying that if you take a shaft out on a short carpet track youll have a great car
503racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Biz_Nessman
are you talking about carpet or asphalt racing? because out here on the asphalt you rarely find an S/D from any company. no tc3 or 4 no pro 4 and almost never any yokomos. we see rare and hard to get belt drive cars way more often than any shafties, in any class from stock,19 turn, and mod. the way i see it is, if the shaft drives were better , there would be more at the track more often and they would also win more often. if shaft was really better then why is yokomo going BACK to belt drive?
Biz- Please don't comment about something in which you know little about. Infact, if anything, Yokomo is going more shaft than belt. Yes, they released the BD, but they are still making hopups for the SSG!!! They have the LCG conversion coming out, and the Worlds car is probably the highest quality car in EP TC history. If the belt drive cars are the best on asphalt, then how did 6 shaft drives make the A-main in the IFMAR Worlds? And one of those was the Yokomo SSG That car is third best in the Yokomo line-up.

Point is:

-Don't diss yokomo
-Just b/c your track doesn't have an abundance of SD's, that doesn't mean they can't/won't win.
-If your truly good enough to race modified, then you can surely overcome the minor torque steer and extra snap of the tranny.
-The TC4 I was describing was a AE/Reedy World Team driver's car. It had no shims, stock Teflon bearings, plastic gears, aluminum CVD's. So his car had a light drive train, and it still out spun my Yok which has steel universals.

I'm not trying to attack anybody, I just want ya'll to know that what you read on the web about the shaft-belt debate doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #52
Tech Elite

yes very true, i am not attacking either, i just dont like people talking down shafts when they are winning. i dont have a problem with belts hell, i am so close to getting a losi myself. and the yok shafts are some of the best. but i truly think a pro4, tc4, and yok are so similar you cant go wrong with getting anyone. its just as i have said a thousand times its what you like. and i many case parts which is a problem with yok. i know i would probably be getting a yok if we had their parts but since we dont i am getting a pro4, but both of which are beautiful cars. but please shut up and dont talk down shafts. do you see us talking down belts? no because we are smarter then that because we know any car is a capible car it just has to be in the right hands. example HARA drives both and belt and shaft and wins with both. get the clue yet?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:42 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by WD40
Well just to get this thing kicked off I'll say something about this topic. I have been researching touring cars a lot recently and narrowed my choices down to three cars....the TC4, JRX-S, and the tamiya 415. I looked up tons of information on all three of these cars and my choice, as of right now, is the JRX-S. I have been a team associated fan for a while now....but I think the JRX-S is just the better car right now....And lets face it, I wanna win
Yo Will, how bad do you want to win? If it's at any cost, here ya go: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...threadid=71988
Old 05-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Biz- Please don't comment about something in which you know little about. Infact, if anything, Yokomo is going more shaft than belt. Yes, they released the BD, but they are still making hopups for the SSG!!! They have the LCG conversion coming out, and the Worlds car is probably the highest quality car in EP TC history. If the belt drive cars are the best on asphalt, then how did 6 shaft drives make the A-main in the IFMAR Worlds? And one of those was the Yokomo SSG That car is third best in the Yokomo line-up.

Point is:

-Don't diss yokomo
-Just b/c your track doesn't have an abundance of SD's, that doesn't mean they can't/won't win.
-If your truly good enough to race modified, then you can surely overcome the minor torque steer and extra snap of the tranny.
-The TC4 I was describing was a AE/Reedy World Team driver's car. It had no shims, stock Teflon bearings, plastic gears, aluminum CVD's. So his car had a light drive train, and it still out spun my Yok which has steel universals.

I'm not trying to attack anybody, I just want ya'll to know that what you read on the web about the shaft-belt debate doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
i see he made it to the track he told me at clevland he was moving to sc to go to usc
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Yo Will, how bad do you want to win? If it's at any cost, here ya go: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...threadid=71988
yeah baby... but I'm ordering an RDX and/or Yoke BD late next week -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 10:29 PM.
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
i see he made it to the track he told me at clevland he was moving to sc to go to usc
Yup, he's been running at Carolina and will probably be here when there isn't a big race to attend. ML is a real nice guy, and he can drive the HELL out of an RC car.

Reggie-when you coming back to race with us?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:11 PM   #57
B&O
Tech Apprentice

(BELT VS. SHAFT) This is more or less like the trend of the market.

All the top level cars perform their best when drive and setup at the right person. In now a day, all these cars' performance are so close.
B&O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
My GF likes the shaft as opposed to the belt... D

sorry to hear that soviet, maybe someday........
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #59
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by fjm9898
once again i must turn to the facts, another local guy i know won both 19t and stock at our carpet regionals with a tc4 and a tc4 got second at the carpet nationals this year. so please stop talking down the shafties because they can win, its just the drivers you know arent good enough to make a shaft win because untill AE comes out with a FT a tc4 will take alot of time to make win. what other facts must i give to prove a shaft can win?
i'm not saying that a shaft cant win what im saying is that at the tracks that i race at, both carpet and asphalt, the shafts are not winning, maybe the belts are easier to tune or maybe its something else but here in nor cal most wins go to the belts. so stop getting defensive i'm just telling you what i see here. and honestly i dont care which car placed 2nd at any race. it doesnt change the fact that i dont see them winning here. maybe they work wherever you are but they dont work here.
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:22 PM   #60
Tech Elite

they probably do work there. any car will work anywhere