R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

very true jay and Windsorguy99 shafts put the power to the ground in a very fast and efficient manner better then belts, that is the point of a shaft, more torque and quicker throttle response

Last edited by fjm9898; 05-15-2005 at 05:54 PM.
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a TC4, JRX and FK05. I like the JRX better than the TC4. Not because its faster but because of the quality of the JRX. The shocks are too sweet. You don't have to buy graphite chassis, arms etc. like you do on the tc4. Now to add the Xray to the mix. The Xray is so smoooooooth. I get a woody thinking about.
The JRX transitions like a [email protected]#$$#@&.
The TC4 accelerates Hard and is extremely fast.

Right now If I could only have 1 it would be the XRay.

little more time with the losi and might change my mind. car has great potential.
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by fjm9898
very true jay and Windsorguy99 shafts put the power to the ground in a very fast and efficient manner better then belts, that is the point of a shaft, more torque and quicker throttle response
Very true but the down-side to that whole equation is wicked torque-steer ... -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
I've been looking at JRXS's up close-n-personal and I LOVE the idea of having the battery down the center of the car but excuse me if I offend anyone--the car is butt-*@#hole ugly. In my most humble opinion I don't care how good it's performing, I wouldn't get it for this fact, just like the TC3/TC4(even though the BMI chassis for them looks good). As far as shaft cars are concerned, I just built a Pro4 and compared to my other shafts plus a few others from other people, it has by far the smoothest drivetrain. I can't comment on the belts since I'm still making up my mind on the Yoke BD, '05 XRAY, or RDX. -JB
The first half of this post has to be one of the dumber things I have read on this board. In my opinion, the best looking car is the one standing highest on the podium.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Having run both, i like the losi much better for 19 turn and mod.

I will have to say that the tc4 just has soo much more power to the ground.

For stock only, id go tc4, for mod or 19, and maybe even stock, losi.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #36
Tech Elite

very turem for stock racing you can never go wrong with a shaft, in fact i think its better and the tc4 and pro4 are the best cars for stock racing there is
Old 05-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My GF likes the shaft as opposed to the belt... D

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Fisher
The first half of this post has to be one of the dumber things I have read on this board. In my opinion, the best looking car is the one standing highest on the podium.
If you're the type of guy that bases all of your purchasing decisions on what you stated above, I'm afraid my non-astute friend, you're an IDIOT... BTW, read the SIG -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Fisher
this has to be one the dumbest posts I've ever read on this board, I've never seen a car standing on the podium no matter how high or low. think about it before you get mad,

i've seen drivers standing on the podium HOLDING the cars.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by fjm9898
very turem for stock racing you can never go wrong with a shaft, in fact i think its better and the tc4 and pro4 are the best cars for stock racing there is

are you talking about carpet or asphalt racing? because out here on the asphalt you rarely find an S/D from any company. no tc3 or 4 no pro 4 and almost never any yokomos. we see rare and hard to get belt drive cars way more often than any shafties, in any class from stock,19 turn, and mod. the way i see it is, if the shaft drives were better , there would be more at the track more often and they would also win more often. if shaft was really better then why is yokomo going BACK to belt drive?
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #41
Tech Elite

its matters where you are and around here you see a big mix of shafts and belts. but you also see more belts because there are a few more belt cars availble. and yok is using both they are not going BACK Hara is not going BACK to belt with the cyclone, its just because some people like a shaft over a belt and some people like belts over shaft so as a company its a better idea to make one of both cars because then you get both sides and i dont know what your talking about that you dont see shafts on pavement because tc3s back in the day wont a crap load of our door races and the pro4 is one of the best cars on asphat.

but like i have been saying the whole time in this thread, you really cant say one car is better then another, it all matters on the driver if you look at racing, kinwald could win with a shaft or belt and same goes for hara. all the cars out there are fast it just matters on what you like as a driver for as to what car you drive.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to 503racer

when the rose city guys are asphalt racing you see, tc3, pro 3, pro 4, x-rays, corally, xxxs, ect ect. and i can tell ya that the tc3 has never come out on top
503racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #43
Tech Elite

hey rose city is that where the paved nationals were last year cuz, ummm.... yea a guy i race with, chris perry, got 2nd with a tc3
Old 05-15-2005, 07:58 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to 503racer

yeah it was, but im talking club races, not reginals or nationals, those are huge races.
503racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #45
Tech Elite

just proving my point, a tc3 can still win, you just ahve to have the right driver behind it and showing that asphalt and shafts to mix because a 5 year old shaft car is still a top car on the pavement. chris drove a tc3 for 4 years because personally he couldnt find a car he liked more untill the pro4 but he still drives his old tc3 all the time. so like i said once again, its what you like as a driver and the driver that makes it fast, not the most expensive or the newest. find the car you personaly like the best to dirve and work on and that is your car