R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had the tc4 for maybe 1/2 a year now and i really can't fault it. Very good on carpet and that was only with the graphite chassis and braces (no other hop-ups). Outside it's very good, with a bit more set-up time it will be as good as any other car . It's the same as every other car really, get it set up right and it will be quick

Charles
Old 05-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The TC4 and any of the other cars mentioned is an 'apples and oranges' comparison....

The TC4 is a plastic 'Team' level kit, whereas every other car mentioned is a 'Factory Team' level kit and THAT is why they are more expensive. That being said, to equip the TC4 with the Ti turnbuckles, stronger front diff outdrives (you WILL need them) carbon kit to add stiffness and durability, Aluminum hingepin mounts to reduce slop, etc..you add up to well more than the cost of theother kits...and the drivetrain STILL needs to be massaged to free it up....
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:50 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea....

seems the Pro drivetrain is still the freest of the shaft drives I've felt. I know one thing the front imput shaft can shift in a crash and keep the drivetrain from rolling free. I'm not sure if the Pro does this or not.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I still think that as of right now their are really no bad TC's being made,With the right driver any car can win.I own alot of TC's(Losi Jon can back me up on this.. )I own or have owned most of the TC's listed,Just an opinion,but I'm within 1 or 2 tenths with every car i own.. the only exception is the Pro4 in stock It's about 1 sec. a lap faster,it's not that it's a better car,I just feel more comfortable driving it.I think it all comes down to the "comfort zone".With that said Get what you like..Oh dont forget the Mi2 it's a good car as well..
Old 05-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dude all of these cars are very capable. I think you get what you pay for. For Example the TC4 has a nice price tag on it, the only thing is your going to spend more than you spent on the kit to get up to racing standards. Look at Tamiya 415 this is a high dollar kit, but this thing is race ready out of the box. Corally, Xray,Yokomo are the same. Im not sold on the new JRXS either, have you seen the arms and how short the drive bones are. Not only that but they had to delay the release because of problems, I am a huge Losi guy but Im dissapointed in thier new car, worse version of a pro 3 in my opinion. Sure its been doing OK at races but, you put Kinwald, Francis,Easton, 0n your team and they could drive a shoebox to victory lane. Just my opinion
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:58 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Kylehirano....

yea...I have to disagree with you on few of the JRX-S points. The short arms and bones are working. Also delays were because they were waiting for parts. I would also consider Losi's team average pro joes and yet it's doing well. In fact, Kinwald is more of an off road guy. And, you can't even compare it to a Pro 3. No way.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to 503racer

Have you thought about getting a pro 4?
503racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:29 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by kylehirano
Dude all of these cars are very capable....... Im not sold on the new JRXS either, have you seen the arms and how short the drive bones are.

learn a little about physics and geometry.

the short arms allow you to transition through corners and chicanes faster. and unlike the pro 3 the jrxs chassis is EXTREMELY stiff which allows the suspension to do the job of controlling body roll etc..instead of having the chassis flex. as a matter of fact i would bet that the jrxs has the most solid and flex free chassis of the bunch.

oh yeah, the losi is the ONLY car that has L.C.D.'s up front, and they work great.
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
I've been looking at JRXS's up close-n-personal and I LOVE the idea of having the battery down the center of the car but excuse me if I offend anyone--the car is butt-*@#hole ugly. In my most humble opinion I don't care how good it's performing, I wouldn't get it for this fact, just like the TC3/TC4(even though the BMI chassis for them looks good). As far as shaft cars are concerned, I just built a Pro4 and compared to my other shafts plus a few others from other people, it has by far the smoothest drivetrain. I can't comment on the belts since I'm still making up my mind on the Yoke BD, '05 XRAY, or RDX. -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:46 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
I've been looking at JRXS's up close-n-personal and I LOVE the idea of having the battery down the center of the car but excuse me if I offend anyone--the car is butt-*@#hole ugly. In my most humble opinion I don't care how good it's performing, I wouldn't get it for this fact,.... -JB
nobody offended here, lol, heck i own one and love the way it drives, but i'll be the first one to tell ya that it only looks good when the body is on it. lol
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:02 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Biz_Nessman
nobody offended here, lol, heck i own one and love the way it drives, but i'll be the first one to tell ya that it only looks good when the body is on it. lol
-JB

Old 05-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #27
Tech Elite

I was comparing drivetrains this weekend, and the TC4 had the most freespin. It chatters and makes cracking sounds all around the track, but it can freespin almost 3 times as long as my Yok, and other Xrays and Losi's. The second most free would be the RDX.

Anyone that calls Yoks, Brokomos, hasn't owned a high level Yokomo. Yok is renounded for it's tight fit, ease of build, smooth-reliable diffs, and free drivetrain. I had a kid email a video of him spinning the drivetrain on his SD Worlds. It spun for 47 seconds with no help after the first few flicks of the wrist. With the LCG version of the SD coming out, I wouldn't jump on the Losi train just yet.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece

Anyone that calls Yoks, Brokomos, hasn't owned a high level Yokomo. Yok is renounded for it's tight fit, ease of build, smooth-reliable diffs, and free drivetrain. With the LCG version of the SD coming out, I wouldn't jump on the Losi train just yet.
DITTO ALL THE WAY BABY... except you ruined it when you said the TC4 had the most freespin -JB

Old 05-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Freespin doesn't mean a whole lot...you can strap a 10lb flywheel onto each corner and have it spin even longer if you'd like...

it's about efficient transmission of power...

The TC4 CAN be made to spin freely...but it takes a GOOD amount of work...the belt cars won't spin forever...but they will put the power to the ground in a very fast and efficient manner....
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Isn't the amount of 'free' wheelspin directly related to drivetrain efficiency in some fashion -JB