Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by The Teacher
HYPA, I have both cars currently and I can say both perform great outside on pavement... On carpet I have not tried the Mi6 but the MI5evo with some work was good. If I were you what I would do is get the Mi5evo and upgrade it with the options you think will make the car better. For the price of the Mi5evo you can get a few hopups to make it lighter. I think that would be the best route to take.

+1
Old 07-27-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
HYPA, I have both cars currently and I can say both perform great outside on pavement... On carpet I have not tried the Mi6 but the MI5evo with some work was good. If I were you what I would do is get the Mi5evo and upgrade it with the options you think will make the car better. For the price of the Mi5evo you can get a few hopups to make it lighter. I think that would be the best route to take.
+1
I ran the Mi5 evo Mod and USGT outside and the cars perform really well.
Finish 2nd with the USGT and Mod had some issues smh but car was great in the main. I usually don't run outside but was able to get the car really well.
Teach MI6 looks really good outside this past weekend.
I only ran the MI6 inside a few times and it was good. Need more testing to gives more details. So to answer your question, I would go with the evo as a start. If you need further setup tips I have hundreds for the evo and only a few for the mi6. VTA setups as well.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:06 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The Mi5 Evo is by the best outdoor chassis I have ever run in VTA. The car carries a lot of corner speed and has a ton of steering. Even with those big rear tires, it has zero push even at high speed using basically the kit setup.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
The Mi5 Evo is by the best outdoor chassis I have ever run in VTA. The car carries a lot of corner speed and has a ton of steering. Even with those big rear tires, it has zero push even at high speed using basically the kit setup.
+1
Definitely Agree with that.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking to get back into stock 17.5T Touring Car racing after a 3 year hiatus and I REALLY like the look and features of the Schumacher cars!

There are a couple of options for me to purchase an Mi5 Evo for a good price but I've been looking at availability of parts, in particular the double joint front drive shafts which seem to be out of stock everywhere. Are these expected to be available at some point or are they "gone forever" which would (in my opinion) render the Mi5 evo platform somewhat ineffective?

Cheers!

Last edited by Hyper_Mike; 09-26-2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If you're going to run this car indoors, it wouldn't be my first choice. Outdoors - for sure!! I just got off the black rug for 4 days and didn't like it at all.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

I appreciate the feedback, however we don't run on the black rug where I am and our indoor carpet track is Med grip at best relative to the insane grip levels I understand the black rug to have!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by ASM
If you're going to run this car indoors, it wouldn't be my first choice. Outdoors - for sure!! I just got off the black rug for 4 days and didn't like it at all.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Can you convert Mi5 to Mi6? lots of parts needed? not in need right now but perhaps in the future?
Old 10-16-2016, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

In a word no. Its pretty much all new. The twin point steering if you have it is the same, the rest is of the chassis is all new.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

I had little steering on a tight track. My rollbar has four marks. Is that where i start? getting a softer one.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
I had little steering on a tight track. My rollbar has four marks. Is that where i start? getting a softer one.
Where exactly are you lacking steering? At corner turn-in off throttle or from apex-out when you get back on the throttle? There are a lot of things besides roll-bar stiffness that could be causing it. What's your current setup beyond front roll-bar?

I've been tuning my used but new-to-me Mi5 Evo over the last few weeks and found it lacking corner entry turn-in but had TONS of steering coming out of corners on-throttle. In trying to get more initial turn-in it developed a nasty tendency to traction-roll.

I've got it now where I have pretty decent turn-in without traction rolling and a reasonable amount of power-on steering. Let me know where you are on total setup and I can give you some suggestions that might work.

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

MatsNorway, Have you cut the front arms?
Old 10-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Corner entry turn in was most noticable. Generally speaking it had just way too little steering across the board. 4 marks rollbar front, two rear.
Did not get to drive it for long as i broke the front bumber. Got two new on the way.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Can you post up your setup...? If you do not have it in pictorial form can you answer the following to assist;

Mi5 or Mi5Evo
Shock Spring colour or rate (dab of paint on them usually - kit is green)
Mounting hole of shock front and rear - leaned in or upright
Shock Oil
Diff oil
Shims under front and rear lower arms (1mm or 0.5mm?)
Shims on top arms inner and outer (little black washers between ball studs and the suspension part)
The plates on the rear arms - how many indentations on them..?
Holes that the camber links are in on the inner mount point
Roll bars front and rear
Thickness of top deck (2, 2.5 or 3mm) - and if you have fitted the front brace to the top deck
Camber and toe front and rear
Are the carbon arms cut so they look like V's not A's
Carpet or asphalt
Tires
Temp of track.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anybody know where I can get an aluminum chassis for the mi5? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.