Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Brand New Mi5 Assembled For Sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...led-parts.html
Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Is there an optional aluminum front hub carrier to replace the stock plastic unit (SCHU42560)?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Wild Thing Updates

Could someone explain what the Wild Thing hop ups do as far as handling? I obviously understand the shock mounts.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:00 PM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Anyone tried the mid motor conversion out doors on tarmac with rubber tyres ? if so how did it compare to the standard rear motor configuration ?
We did this weekend Hi traction car was built box stock mid motor only option Had traction rolling problems We widen front to 198 mm took out all rear arm shims and the two front shims on the front arms Rear shocks one hole from all the way down front shocks 2 nd hole in ride height 5.5 Running short battery pack 17.5 blinky Solaris tires spec add 21 g to rear left and right side to balance and bring car to 1380 with Mazda sp 6 2 deg n rear 1.5 deg n front rear glued side walls of tires This was a state race in fl Chris qualified 7 th in b main after all the changes he came in 1st in b main. He went from 7 to 3rd in a 1/2 lap and went back and forth from 3 rd to 1 st for about 3 laps until he got the feel for the car then he just paced himself for a win He said car was free but still said car had a lot of roll
He has only been racing T/C for about a year he races an 09 xray in VTA and was using a 011 xray for club racing in T/c He said that the mid motor just drive a little different then the X-rays so with a little more wheel time and with the new HP he hopes to be in the A main soon . His 1st place B main was about 7 th place in the A so not to far off
Old 10-21-2013, 06:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by haywood
Could someone explain what the Wild Thing hop ups do as far as handling? I obviously understand the shock mounts.
The rear mouldings move the lower shock position outboard about .5mm; making the rear of the car rotate abit better in some conditions. The rear brace will also free the back of the car but does so by reducing the flex across the middle-rear of the car.. BTW sending stuff tomorrow ...

Originally Posted by pbr
We did this weekend Hi traction car was built box stock mid motor only option Had traction rolling problems We widen front to 198 mm took out all rear arm shims and the two front shims on the front arms Rear shocks one hole from all the way down front shocks 2 nd hole in ride height 5.5 Running short battery pack 17.5 blinky Solaris tires spec add 21 g to rear left and right side to balance and bring car to 1380 with Mazda sp 6 2 deg n rear 1.5 deg n front rear glued side walls of tires This was a state race in fl Chris qualified 7 th in b main after all the changes he came in 1st in b main. He went from 7 to 3rd in a 1/2 lap and went back and forth from 3 rd to 1 st for about 3 laps until he got the feel for the car then he just paced himself for a win He said car was free but still said car had a lot of roll
He has only been racing T/C for about a year he races an 09 xray in VTA and was using a 011 xray for club racing in T/c He said that the mid motor just drive a little different then the X-rays so with a little more wheel time and with the new HP he hopes to be in the A main soon . His 1st place B main was about 7 th place in the A so not to far off

Great news, keep us up to date! ..

..p

Last edited by DiscountRCStore; 10-23-2013 at 04:56 AM. Reason: correct misinformation
Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wild thing hop ups what are they?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Mi5

Originally Posted by dvsstrike
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajhjzpbjkd...2009.37.41.jpg
Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We have them in limited supply.. They're not on the site directly as they're a bit tough to get a hold of, however we can send you a paypal invoice for them if you decide..

Thanks for the help there Haywood.. Stuff's on it's way! ..
Old 10-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what do they do? can I get a brief description of each part from left to right.
More than likely I will buy them.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

what do they do? can I get a brief description of each part from left to right.
More than likely I will buy them.

The first is the rear chassis brace that was all the buzz several weeks back.. It reduces the flex from the middle rear portion of the chassis allowing the rear of the car to rotate better in some conditions

Next are the rear mouldings that move the lower shock mount position outboard about .5mm offering a similar effect and contributes to a bit more corner speed in some conditions, typically higher traction.

Finally are the shock mounts themselves that are simply easier to use as they don't require the plastic spacer as do the stock units.. eliminates binding at the top of the shock. These are usually completed with CSK washers reversed and mounted on the ends to hold the shock in place..

Hope it helps!

..p

Last edited by DiscountRCStore; 10-22-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: correct misinformation
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
The rear mouldings move the lower shock position inboard about 1mm; making the rear of the car rotate abit better in some conditions.
Umm, don't they move the lower shock mount out about 0.5mm, at least thats what Hoffer mentioned before..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Moving the mount in would make the rear more locked down, not less.

Regards
Ed
Old 10-22-2013, 08:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TryHard
Umm, don't they move the lower shock mount out about 0.5mm, at least thats what Hoffer mentioned before..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Moving the mount in would make the rear more locked down, not less.

Regards
Ed
Yes, you are correct .. I had looked at them incorrectly in the package.. Thank you for the correction ..

..p
Old 10-24-2013, 04:52 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just want to give a thank you to Phil for getting and sending me the parts for the mi5 in a very timely manner Thank you Paul
Old 10-24-2013, 06:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by pbr
Just want to give a thank you to Phil for getting and sending me the parts for the mi5 in a very timely manner Thank you Paul
Always glad to help; thank you for the props and continued support ..!

..p
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

has anyone found that the bearing in the micro caster blocks can have play which gives alot of slop. i have tried the m4x14 screw mod but still lots of play. if i look closely though i can see the inner bearing race moves a bit and also the out race moves in the micro caster bit.

the right hand side has alot more slop than the left.

going to look into better 4x9x4 bearings to try and prevent the slop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.