Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
After this weekend of racing (total runs on the car is between 18-22 and a couple of major crashes and bumps/bruises along the way), I've found about .75-1mm of vertical play in my front arms. The CF is perfectly fine but has anyone found an effective way of removing the glue-in inserts in the arms?
I wonder if there was a way to have the inserts attached w/o ca'n them...
You could try to hang the arm with the insert over some acetone in a can. It may loosen up the ca.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Here is my 17.5 A-main run from this weekend, stop #4 at the NW Asphalt Challenge. Starting in the #2 spot behind RC America team driver and Roar national champ, Devin Patterson. I am in the Blue/Red/Black, Devin is out in front in the Orange/White/Purple. My car was slightly faster, but Devin was a bit more consistent. On a small track like this, with 10 cars, back markers can make or break the race. When you are this close, the guy that moves over for 1st, tends to no longer be at a great place to pass on the track, when position #2 reaches him, so i had a bit more work to do around the back markers... In the end I couldn't make the pass and Devin holds on to the lead to take the win. He is a monster on the track, He TQ'd and won both mod and 17.5. It is a privilege to just be on the track with him, and be running with him, door to door.

The Schumacher was just flawless. Tons of corner speed, easy to drive, tons of steering, but the ass was still planted... exactly like I like em. Still running the shorty pack at 1388 grams, and of course all powered by Fantom gear.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Car looked good. It looked like you were throwing it around a bit coming onto the straightaway. Are you sure that your batteries weren't tapering off towards the end as well?

Good job keeping it close and thanks for posting the video.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Car looked good. It looked like you were throwing it around a bit coming onto the straightaway. Are you sure that your batteries weren't tapering off towards the end as well?

Good job keeping it close and thanks for posting the video.
Nah, entering the straight is where I was gaining most of my time. I would gain time entering the straight, and exiting the sweeper going back towards the left... and devin would gain time on the right hander just before the driver stand, almost every lap. The chicane just before the straight made entering the straight a little tough. It wasn't a smooth corner. All batteries taper off towards the end of every run... that is the nature of draining a battery But seriously... nah, the battery felt great the entire run.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Nah, entering the straight is where I was gaining most of my time. I would gain time entering the straight, and exiting the sweeper going back towards the left... and devin would gain time on the right hander just before the driver stand, almost every lap.
Right, you started to smooth it out as the race progressed. It looks like you started getting faster.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm gonna just ask this question directly....
When building the car, one thing I checked for in the arms was the 'vertical' play of the hex-balls in the inserts (was used to checking that when building up my A700). In all arms I had scarcely any play but still had the freest movement. The rear is still quite good but the fronts are as I described in an earlier post. My question is 2-fold....have any of you looked at that and what are your findings on your car? And to add another couple of questions....how much vertical play is 'acceptable' (this may be subjective) and how is this gonna impact namely, droop and other car settings that come into play?
Honestly, I don't care for this 'vertical' play. Just wanted others to chime in on the subject. Especially when there's no 'user-friendly' way to extract the inserts for replacement ones. Is the fix just to replace the whole arm?

Last edited by JayBee; 08-05-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

JayBee, I to have noticed play between the hex-ball and the cup which are used for the arm mounts. Like you I have more play in the front than in the rear. However, my car seems to perform better each time I go out... I'm going to try popping the ball out of the cup and putting a drop of thin ca in the cup with a q-tip. This is the only thing I can come up with to fix the problem.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Oops, sorry for the blurred pic. This is martin's car. You can see the brace just behind the spool.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Here is my 17.5 A-main run from this weekend, stop #4 at the NW Asphalt Challenge. Starting in the #2 spot behind RC America team driver and Roar national champ, Devin Patterson. I am in the Blue/Red/Black, Devin is out in front in the Orange/White/Purple. My car was slightly faster, but Devin was a bit more consistent. On a small track like this, with 10 cars, back markers can make or break the race. When you are this close, the guy that moves over for 1st, tends to no longer be at a great place to pass on the track, when position #2 reaches him, so i had a bit more work to do around the back markers... In the end I couldn't make the pass and Devin holds on to the lead to take the win. He is a monster on the track, He TQ'd and won both mod and 17.5. It is a privilege to just be on the track with him, and be running with him, door to door.

The Schumacher was just flawless. Tons of corner speed, easy to drive, tons of steering, but the ass was still planted... exactly like I like em. Still running the shorty pack at 1388 grams, and of course all powered by Fantom gear.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Car looks great! Have you compared your fade with the shorty compared to others fade with higher capacity full size packs?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Car looks great! Have you compared your fade with the shorty compared to others fade with higher capacity full size packs?
from my stand point ..I thought for sure the shorty pack will decease laps time at the end of the races.. But it didn't.. really surprise me..the leader is an excellent driver and Brandon was able to keep up with the leader paces
Good Job brandon.
I can't beleive the Mi5 is the good....lol
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone got a starting oil weight for a front geardiff? 300k? 500k? higher?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by silvalis
I started my front diff at 600,000... I would start there, but after a good run in, I felt like I might of needed 800 or 1mil. Depends on how much diff action you want up front. What is your goal by moving to a front diff?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ofna differential lock lube work awesome.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

I tried the gear diff with 2.5 mill goop in it. I went back to the spool. I think the car pulled out of the corners better with the spool. lap times were also .4-.5 seconds faster with the spool. Try them, and go back to what feels better, but never forget to see what the clock says. Even tho it might feel better with a gear diff, the clock doesn't lie.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
I tried the gear diff with 2.5 mill goop in it. I went back to the spool. I think the car pulled out of the corners better with the spool. lap times were also .4-.5 seconds faster with the spool. Try them, and go back to what feels better, but never forget to see what the clock says. Even tho it might feel better with a gear diff, the clock doesn't lie.
yes your are right,,,the spool help to break the speed down quicker into the corner and fast out of the corner...
gear diff make the car roll easy and smoother around the track ( off power ).(on power) it will push ,because the diff action .I think the gear diff work better on high flow fast track...faster

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.