Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Mi5 White Stripes version! Looks Stuning

Thnks guys for your inputs about THE bodyshell for us !!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmsraider
Got mid motor fitted along with new gen2 tekin. Ready for tonights trophy meet. So at least I will be able to try a few things and it not count for the league.
Really interested to know how you get on - not just with the car but with the gen 2 as well - considering it as my next purchase!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutley001
Really interested to know how you get on - not just with the car but with the gen 2 as well - considering it as my next purchase!
R1 Wurks will be releasing a battery very soon that is white.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
R1 Wurks will be releasing a battery very soon that is white.
acorn racing already do white lipo
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Figured I'd post a pic....gonna give the R9 a shot. Got a Mazda S6 for backup.
Question- Are you guys using LW bodies?

Waiting on batts and thinking on a new esc....SP Reventon Pro1.1 or HW Xerun V3.1?
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-img_20130627_183928_318.jpg  
Old 06-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Tech Initiate

So firstly we race carpet med grip with sorex jb 28, track was around 90' x 50' lots of tight corners last night, car handled great through fast parts and entering corner/ good corner speed but on power out of the corners just couldn't get the power down as back end was too loose. need to stiffen up the rear a spring I think and possibly check front / rear weight. The car generated more rotation than before and after getting used to it i put some decent lap times in but as I got more confident being tighter to corners and putting power down harder the cars weight was all going to the back to quick when driving out of corners which ment it was very hard to control. (forgot the spring set) overall I would say I was slower with the mid motor but I feel it has got the potential to be a lot quicker on carpet with setup chages, it was our trophy night so no gaps between races so no time to make setup between races.

As for the Tekin gen 2, if you do get one you will get a red leaflet with it telling you to back off boost 25 degrees to your old rs.... they are not kidding wow this thing is fast, I was running 13.5 lrp x12 / 0 on motor, 24 boost, no turbo, profile 2 curve 5500/18000 rpm with 7.29 fdr was very fast, I started with more boost but had to dial it back as with rpm started at 8500/20000 rpm, the only reason I changed the throttle profile was because of the on power back end issue, the data logging thing will be good but as I said didn't have much time between heats, I have downloaded the data just need to make sense of it now. overall very good breaks were very strong speed was insane (being one of the fastest cars down the straight with so little boost) cars rear stopped me pushing. Tekin have done a good job with throttle response it really has more feel than before.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayBee

Waiting on batts and thinking on a new esc....SP Reventon Pro1.1 or HW Xerun V3.1?
that shell and paint job look amazing,i hope it goes as well as it look
Old 06-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nmsraider
So firstly we race carpet med grip with sorex jb 28, track was around 90' x 50' lots of tight corners last night, car handled great through fast parts and entering corner/ good corner speed but on power out of the corners just couldn't get the power down as back end was too loose. need to stiffen up the rear a spring I think and possibly check front / rear weight. The car generated more rotation than before and after getting used to it i put some decent lap times in but as I got more confident being tighter to corners and putting power down harder the cars weight was all going to the back to quick when driving out of corners which ment it was very hard to control. (forgot the spring set) overall I would say I was slower with the mid motor but I feel it has got the potential to be a lot quicker on carpet with setup chages, it was our trophy night so no gaps between races so no time to make setup between races.

As for the Tekin gen 2, if you do get one you will get a red leaflet with it telling you to back off boost 25 degrees to your old rs.... they are not kidding wow this thing is fast, I was running 13.5 lrp x12 / 0 on motor, 24 boost, no turbo, profile 2 curve 5500/18000 rpm with 7.29 fdr was very fast, I started with more boost but had to dial it back as with rpm started at 8500/20000 rpm, the only reason I changed the throttle profile was because of the on power back end issue, the data logging thing will be good but as I said didn't have much time between heats, I have downloaded the data just need to make sense of it now. overall very good breaks were very strong speed was insane (being one of the fastest cars down the straight with so little boost) cars rear stopped me pushing. Tekin have done a good job with throttle response it really has more feel than before.
Thanks for the update
Sounds rather like the tekin is going to be next on my list then!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the update
Sounds rather like the tekin is going to be next on my list then!
Let me know how you find mid motor and on power. On your next run mate, Not to clever on my own setup development. Ben putt recommended harder rear springs so will give it a go but 2 weeks until next meet.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Will do. My next race is on Thursday at a club meeting. Will be trying Hofer's latest setup - should work well on medium grip carpet as its for high bite asphalt.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone knows if the new Mi5 is in stock in Germany. Link to shop please.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee

any comments on running the r9 body on it yet?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
any comments on running the r9 body on it yet?
Not yet buddy. If my batts come in this week as expected, my maiden run is next weekend.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:09 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shock Tower
Does anyone knows if the new Mi5 is in stock in Germany. Link to shop please.
http://cs-shop.de/Schumacher-1-10-4W...-Pro-Baukasten
Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After a full day of testing on carpet I learned a few valuable lessons.

1. Martin's Hofer's Base Setup is an extremely good place to start. Don't skimp, get the parts you need to duplicate it exactly. I did and it was worth it.

2. The Yok Springs are crucial on carpet. The kit green springs are not good on carpet. I wanted to test the Schumacher Blue and Whites but I ran out of time.

3. Battery position makes a huge difference. With my batt in the rear the car was unstable on med grip carpet. In the Mid position the car became very smooth. This will allow me to put some of the rotation I took out with other settings back in.

4. If you change a setting on the Mi5 you will get exactly what you expect to get.

This was all with Jaco Blue tires, the kit motor position and a Protoform lite LTC-R mounted centered on the front wheel wells and with the rear wing overhanging ~8mm. I could get the Mi5 to be mellow and smooth or edgy and aggressive with the LTC-R so this will become my new standard body for all surfaces.

My lap times by the end of the day were competitive middle of the A-Main times. I am certain there is more speed in the car as I feel I made it too safe to drive by the end of the day. This is OK as this was my goal. I wanted to make sure I could get it to drive like a Caddy through conventional setup changes. Now I can make it more aggressive again and know I can get any balance I want.

Racing next Wednesday and looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.