Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

Not sure if people have been testing durability yet but what spares are you typically carrying?

Cheers
Dan
Old 06-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Hey guys,

Not sure if people have been testing durability yet but what spares are you typically carrying?

Cheers
Dan
Alloy m3x10mm screws
Knuckle
Caster block
That's it so far
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Hey guys,

Cheers
Dan
After 3 meetings have just stripped 2 steering knuckles both done by hitting an immovable object pretty fast! I'd say the car was pretty durable.

Last edited by mutley001; 06-08-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Looking good, noticed you sneaked in a set of DCJs... all looks good.

On a side note... what do you think of the Revention Pro speedo?
Thanks! I have not run the Rev Pro yet. I usually run Hobbywings speedos but I got a good deal on it. It's seems to have all the same settings. I figure if its good enough for Rheinard and Wilk it will be fine for me...lol!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Chassis and electrics are done. I will get a body on it tomorrow.

Of all things I found a P-Dub Racing Mi3 Hard front bumper at my LHS! It fits the Mi5 perfectly.

those bumpers were the best! I wish I could still find one.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
On a side note... what do you think of the Revention Pro speedo?
I've been running a pair of Reventon Pro's (one in a buggy and one in a TC) and have been happy with them. The first one I received was DOA but the other two have been flawless. I haven't had any software issues but several others have. In addition to the Pro's, I have 3 R's and they have shown no issues. They have been run in TC's and buggies. The most notable thing about them is the smoothness and mine have very strong brakes.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Step 1

The factory glued in those plastics inserts in one of my arms upside down! I don't think I will be able to get them out!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Thanks! I have not run the Rev Pro yet. I usually run Hobbywings speedos but I got a good deal on it. It's seems to have all the same settings. I figure if its good enough for Rheinard and Wilk it will be fine for me...lol!
Let me know how you get on and thanks for your comments linkless.... I'm currently running the LRP Flow Works but have just signed with Schumacher UK to run the Mi5 and am thinking about moving to the Revention Pro. So keep the updates moving Adrian when you get a chance to run it.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by haywood
The factory glued in those plastics inserts in one of my arms upside down! I don't think I will be able to get them out!
Emailed Schumacher about this matter. Let's see how quick they get this fixed. Can't race without a RF arm.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Step 17

Last edited by haywood; 06-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Emailed Schumacher about this matter. Let's see how quick they get this fixed. Can't race without a RF arm.
Take a tub of acetone, place the arm above it (so the glue can only be affected by the fumes.. Not in the acetone) and leave it overnight. You should then be able to pop the inserts out, and re glue them. As long as you don't soak the inserts in acetone, they'll be fine to use again
Old 06-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So, had a great outing this weekend with the new Mi5. Yesterday was stop #1 on the Northwest Asphalt Challenge, a traveling regional points series up here in WA. All the fast guys were on hand from all over making their show.

We ran 3 quals with points (Best 2 of 3 quals) and a single A main. I qualified 2nd out of an A,B, and C main in 17.5 TC, but due to a rediculous incident with a back marker around minute #4, knocked me down to 3rd. I ran him back down but couldn't make the pass before the finish. Still a great overall with some steep competition. The car performed flawlessly.

The big change I made in the car, was the decision to run a diff in the front. Me and the other 3 Mi5 drivers there all made the change, and we ran 600,000cst oil in it. It really smoothed out the steering transitions when changing from off to on-throttle, and it really helped soak up some of the inconsistencies of the track surface... but at the cost of weight.

One big thing we all learned, (and maybe you guys already know this, but I didnt), but the steering rack slowly beds in as you drive the car. Even though the middle bearing doesn't back away, the steering rack slowly but surely gets looser and looser. Two of us had our steering racks pop out all on their own...luckily in practice, not in a race. I imagine I will have to re-tighten the rack probably once more.

Two of us stripped out our turnblocks in the front. The large bolt from underneath stripped right out. There was some fender to pipe contact.. but nothing I would consider very hard.

The only issue I currently see with my car, is I am developing quite a bit of play/slop in the front end, somewhere at the caster block/steering block. Can't tell if its the bearings, or some of the plastic somewhere... ill have to tear in and see. What a mad fun weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-mains.jpg  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:21 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
So, had a great outing this weekend with the new Mi5. Yesterday was stop #1 on the Northwest Asphalt Challenge, a traveling regional points series up here in WA. All the fast guys were on hand from all over making their show.

We ran 3 quals with points (Best 2 of 3 quals) and a single A main. I qualified 2nd out of an A,B, and C main in 17.5 TC, but due to a rediculous incident with a back marker around minute #4, knocked me down to 3rd. I ran him back down but couldn't make the pass before the finish. Still a great overall with some steep competition. The car performed flawlessly.

The big change I made in the car, was the decision to run a diff in the front. Me and the other 3 Mi5 drivers there all made the change, and we ran 600,000cst oil in it. It really smoothed out the steering transitions when changing from off to on-throttle, and it really helped soak up some of the inconsistencies of the track surface... but at the cost of weight.

One big thing we all learned, (and maybe you guys already know this, but I didnt), but the steering rack slowly beds in as you drive the car. Even though the middle bearing doesn't back away, the steering rack slowly but surely gets looser and looser. Two of us had our steering racks pop out all on their own...luckily in practice, not in a race. I imagine I will have to re-tighten the rack probably once more.

Two of us stripped out our turnblocks in the front. The large bolt from underneath stripped right out. There was some fender to pipe contact.. but nothing I would consider very hard.

The only issue I currently see with my car, is I am developing quite a bit of play/slop in the front end, somewhere at the caster block/steering block. Can't tell if its the bearings, or some of the plastic somewhere... ill have to tear in and see. What a mad fun weekend.
Hi Brandon
all the Mi5 drivers and including kenny as well, did very well ...Brett is a good teacher..
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Steering block

This has been a disappointing build to say the least. I can already tell I will miss the Xray quality plastics as one of my steering blocks stripped out the first time I ran the screw up on the bottom.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
Take a tub of acetone, place the arm above it (so the glue can only be affected by the fumes.. Not in the acetone) and leave it overnight. You should then be able to pop the inserts out, and re glue them. As long as you don't soak the inserts in acetone, they'll be fine to use again
Thank You!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.