Schumacher Mi5

You're on Page 15 of 186
Go to
  • Quote: so, the biggest question is,,,,when do we get to actually put our hands on one?
    i know someone who has molested one...
  • Quote: i know someone who has molested one...
    Tim, that is just wrong! lol I sent you a PM
  • Hofer posted his base setup:

http://hofaaa.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/getting-started/

http://hofaaa.files.wordpress.com/20..._mh_230413.pdf

-Mike
  • Quote: Hofer posted his base setup:

http://hofaaa.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/getting-started/

http://hofaaa.files.wordpress.com/20..._mh_230413.pdf

-Mike
    No front sweep and Yokomo shock springs
  • well the car has to be out by this Saturday otherwise chris grainger cannot run it at the BRCA event on sunday... he will contravene BRCA rule 2.6 .. and if you pay your £25 you can raise a protest... I suppose the same for Elliott harper and the Durango thingy...

2.6 ‘Commercially Available’ - Any item being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.

13.2 Protests must be received by the Race Steward within 20 minutes of the end of the affected race, they must be on the official protest form (available from race control) with a fee of £25 which will be refunded if the protest is upheld. The Stewards decision is final.
  • Quote: well the car has to be out by this Saturday otherwise chris grainger cannot run it at the BRCA event on sunday... he will contravene BRCA rule 2.6 .. and if you pay your £25 you can raise a protest... I suppose the same for Elliott harper and the Durango thingy...

2.6 ‘Commercially Available’ - Any item being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.

13.2 Protests must be received by the Race Steward within 20 minutes of the end of the affected race, they must be on the official protest form (available from race control) with a fee of £25 which will be refunded if the protest is upheld. The Stewards decision is final.
    The only place 'Commercially available' appears is in the definition of terms in the TC rules.

Seem to recall it does appear with regard to the homologation of motors and batteries etc.

You can make your own car out of wood if you want provided it fits the technical regs.

Skiddins
  • you could be right Damo, it is indeed for motors etc... well spotted!
  • There was a rule that said prototypes have to be available by the end of the season but I think it's gone now.
  • In the US that rule is only for spec classes. Mod is open and proto chassis, motors and ESC's can be raced.
  • Quote: In the US that rule is only for spec classes. Mod is open and proto chassis, motors and ESC's can be raced.
    In the UK there is no difference between stock and Mod classes with regard to rules like that. We also don't have any rules regarding sponsored drivers... or run as many classes.

It now seems to have settled down to three classes now;
    Open Mod very few run it, but it's still the premiere national class (as it should be)
    13.5 boosted - by far the most popular club level class
    17.5 Blinky - fairly recent but gaining in popularity each year.

There currently is 21.5 boosted (only a couple of places/championship ever ran it) but it's numbers have never been great and I can see 17.5 blinky replacing it totaly within a year.
  • I don't like carbon arms...
  • We run the same classes in Sedan and 1/12 in the US (Mod, 13.5, 17.5). The only difference is that they're all Blinky. In addition World GT 13.5 and Vintage Trans AM 25.5 are popular.

WGT Is a great 2nd class for the 1/12 drivers that don't want to run sedans.

VTA is slow on purpose and this leads to great racing.
  • Quote: In the US that rule is only for spec classes. Mod is open and proto chassis, motors and ESC's can be raced.
    Motors can not be proto's in ROAR. They have to be ROAR approved too...even mod motors. So do batteries and bodies. Other than that its fair game for Mod class.

EA
  • Quote: Motors can not be proto's in ROAR. They have to be ROAR approved too...even mod motors. So do batteries and bodies. Other than that its fair game for Mod class.

EA
    Thanks EA, I didn't know that. I thought as long as mods motors met the roar specs (poles, dimensions, connections) they were open.
  • Quote: I don't like carbon arms...
    I don't mind carbon arms but the position of the motor would separate the esc and receiver positions which makes my wiring extra extra messy.
    My wiring is already messy enough even when they are together.