Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
Hey Steve
Did you ever do a Review on the Durango (like the sakura Zero.. i notice the table in the pic...lol)
No, I never did the same type of write-up as I did about the Sakura, or the Schumacher Mi5.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SteveM
No, I never did the same type of write-up as I did about the Sakura, or the Schumacher Mi5.
Would this be a good beginners/intermediate chassis
How is this Chassis box stock? Or do you need to buy parts to carpet race? (I have only read a few pages)
Old 01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
Would this be a good beginners/intermediate chassis
How is this Chassis box stock? Or do you need to buy parts to carpet race? (I have only read a few pages)
I like the DETC410 and it is working well for me so far. I have not broken anything and have no real issues. I did remove the 0.5mm shims from under the rear bulkheads and suspension blocks as I found the rear a bit loose. Seems better now.

The kit is nice stock, but it can use a few upgrades to make it better. Things that I recommend are the Durango alloy steering servo mounts. The stock plastic parts are too soft. The chassis also uses plastic shims/spacers and these too should be replaced with alloy. I went with the split rear suspension hangers in the front/rear as a chassis tuning aid. The kit stock rubber sealed bearings are nice, but cause too much friction for indoor carpet racing and should be replaced.

Building the dual CVD's is stupid hard and there is no reason to make this such a PITA. I have not found a fix for this yet. The kit seems priced right and is a bit cheaper than others, but I did spend more on upgrades. I do not like using battery tape, but I did find some double sided velcro tape from Great Planes that is working well for me.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just finish building mine and yes they are a pain those little screws
for the dbl joint but as soon as u shave them a bit it goes in perfectly

Last edited by pete68; 01-04-2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 01-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a nightmare with my Durango yesterday, not having a complete race due to various issues, including stripping a rear hub. The ball joints for this aren't long enough. My son also had issues, and broke another front wheel axle. The nipple which joins the driveshaft stripped off. This is the second one thats stripped, and the second rear hub to strip.

I had better luck today. I had increased the front shock oil to 50wt and reduced the rear to 35wt. I won my three heats, TQ'd and won the A final. The car was dialled all day. Much happier with the performance of the car but haven't changed my opinion that it is too fragile. Durango are apparently aware of this and are working on new parts, but this doesn't help those of us who have shelled out for 2 top end cars which are going through parts like they're going out of fashion !.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I've just moved from a mi5 to the Durango for a change and at £150 was a bargain

But I've noticed a lot of slop in the ball cups. Someone has told me to put carrier bags between the cup and bal, to reduce slop. But has anyone had any success with other cups and ball studs?

Someone told me the Durango buggy balls are better fit
Old 01-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micksid
I've just moved from a mi5 to the Durango for a change and at £150 was a bargain

But I've noticed a lot of slop in the ball cups. Someone has told me to put carrier bags between the cup and bal, to reduce slop. But has anyone had any success with other cups and ball studs?

Someone told me the Durango buggy balls are better fit
I had this issue and solved it by lightly sanding down the ballends with sand paper and a dremel,and then replacing everything with associated tc6.2 ball ends. If you go back a few pages or so, I posted some pics. Car has zero slop and works great. BTW - I now have four weekends on the car and it is getting better each week. No broken parts yet.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pete68
just finish building mine and yes they are a pain those little screws
for the dbl joint but as soon as u shave them a bit it goes in perfectly
This was the only issue I had when building the car. One went in very easily and the other was a b?tch This was my first touring car build and I was impressed with the instructions.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

what all comes in the tc durango kit?
what mods are recommended to a new chassis?
Old 01-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

I finally got my kit together and did some test runs this weekend. I've got a catch somewhere in the drive line. I think it might be on the spur gear layshaft area. can anyone tell me if the stock durango spur gear is thinner than most other gears? I have an xray style spur on it now that I modified by adding 2 holes for the pulleys. I'm thinking it might be a little thicker than stock and catching when it rotates?
Old 01-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by edonsohc
I finally got my kit together and did some test runs this weekend. I've got a catch somewhere in the drive line. I think it might be on the spur gear layshaft area. can anyone tell me if the stock durango spur gear is thinner than most other gears? I have an xray style spur on it now that I modified by adding 2 holes for the pulleys. I'm thinking it might be a little thicker than stock and catching when it rotates?
The only spur gears compatible with the DETC410 sedan are made by Panaracer, Spec-R and of course Durango. See the very top of page 18 of your manual.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM
The only spur gears compatible with the DETC410 sedan are made by Panaracer, Spec-R and of course Durango. See the very top of page 18 of your manual.
There are some spur gears that are compatible. My friend bought a different brand that also works. If I find out what the brand is, I'll post it.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:33 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LeeSpeed spurs fit. Tried serpent spurs but they were too thick.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Race Opt spurs by Team Powers work also, as far as the nipples breaking off of the DCJ's would these be possibly breaking due to the steering throw being a tad too excessive, you could try reducing the throw and see if that helps.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm running a lee speed spur fear fits perfect. Changed to 48dp as well

Is there any other ball cups that fit. Didn't want to go to all the hassle of sanding ball cups

Not ran mine yet. Noticed the car is not very free rolling but maybe the belt s just need bedding in. ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.