Like Tree3Likes

TRF101

Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 AM
  #106  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
So this kit will come with all the blue bits in the pics?
Yes
It's a $350 TRF kit
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 PM
  #107  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 757
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

anybody notice that's all f2012 body parts except for the Mc laren front wing?
fatboysracing is offline  
Old 05-25-2013, 07:17 PM
  #108  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 65
Default

Was on Tamiya USA site today and noticed the TRF101 is listed as "coming soon" but it has an MSRP of $594.00

Item #42252

can't post URL links directly yet
merkyworks is offline  
Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 PM
  #109  
Tech Adept
 
Fuzzi0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northants, UK
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by merkyworks View Post
Was on Tamiya USA site today and noticed the TRF101 is listed as "coming soon" but it has an MSRP of $594.00

Item #42252

can't post URL links directly yet
MSRP means absolutely bugger all though, doubt they can charge much more than $350, not with the amount of cars on the market at just about every price point anyway.
Fuzzi0n is offline  
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 PM
  #110  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Speedtech are locking in Pre Orders at $345.99
http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=5648
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:17 PM
  #111  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,211
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

So, has anyone else noted the fact that the front end of this car will feature zero camber gain. It is essentially a Macpherson strut front end. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I should wait for this car of buy a F104 v2 Dark Ti edition. The 101 looks really strong in the front, which would be a plus.
WheelNut is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:19 PM
  #112  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Posts: 1,570
Default

Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
So, has anyone else noted the fact that the front end of this car will feature zero camber gain. It is essentially a Macpherson strut front end. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I should wait for this car of buy a F104 v2 Dark Ti edition. The 101 looks really strong in the front, which would be a plus.
I'm sticking with the V2 personally.
JiuHaWong is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 PM
  #113  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
So, has anyone else noted the fact that the front end of this car will feature zero camber gain. It is essentially a Macpherson strut front end. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I should wait for this car of buy a F104 v2 Dark Ti edition. The 101 looks really strong in the front, which would be a plus.
top plate will be interchangeable,that why they made it this way.So you can go crazy with settings.
bakaguyjean is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 11:35 PM
  #114  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,211
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
top plate will be interchangeable,that why they made it this way.So you can go crazy with settings.
Yeah but as the chassis rolls the outside wheel will actually get positive camber, which is a fundamental problem for the tire's contact patch. Of course...this is the RC world not the 1:1 world, and for us steering feel is king. Front grip was never an issue on my F104 Pro V1.
WheelNut is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 03:20 AM
  #115  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
Yeah but as the chassis rolls the outside wheel will actually get positive camber, which is a fundamental problem for the tire's contact patch. Of course...this is the RC world not the 1:1 world, and for us steering feel is king. Front grip was never an issue on my F104 Pro V1.
There are no problems with the Pro,but people seen to want to adjust things so this chassis here shows up for them. This works the same way though so Im not sure where you are getting the idea of positive camber being an different than the Pro.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 05-29-2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling
bakaguyjean is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 04:03 AM
  #116  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
There are no problems with the Pro,but people seen to want to adjust things so this chassis here shows up for them. This works the same way though so Im not sure where you are getting the idea of positive camber being an different than the Pro.
Doesn't the Pro have a moving upper arm? Wouldn't this give you camber gain (more neg. camber) as the car rolls and the upper moves up.

The F103 has a fixed upper arm and the front foams cone smaller on the outside.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 AM
  #117  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,042
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure the F103 front end has any camber in the first place. There was an earlier post saying the options for the 101 are 1.5 and 2.5 camber if I remember right. In a similar vein, a correctly set old Associated front end on a 1/12 car doesn't reverse cone tires when the camber is right.
robk is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 05:41 AM
  #118  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by robk View Post
I'm not sure the F103 front end has any camber in the first place. There was an earlier post saying the options for the 101 are 1.5 and 2.5 camber if I remember right. In a similar vein, a correctly set old Associated front end on a 1/12 car doesn't reverse cone tires when the camber is right.
You are absolutely correct. What I'm saying is with no camber gain the tire camber goes towards positive as the car rolls. It was stated that the positive camber is no different than a pro but the difference is the pro has camber gain.

If a car is setup properly then as it rolls and the camber goes more positive you could end up with a full contact patch/0 deg camber at max roll which would be ideal thus no reverse coning. On the flipside with the 103 since it has no static camber, if the upper arms moved ---> camber gain you might not see reverse coning.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 AM
  #119  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,621
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I dont understand why were analyzing a car none of us have even had in our hands let alone a track. I doubt the trf team made a front end thats worse then the existing front end.

I cant wait until this car comes out it looks awesome!
theatriks is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM
  #120  
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,552
Default

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
I dont understand why were analyzing a car none of us have even had in our hands let alone a track. I doubt the trf team made a front end thats worse then the existing front end.

I cant wait until this car comes out it looks awesome!
Because it's the law of internet... besides what else are we going to do??
E
EricF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.