Like Tree3Likes

TRF101

Old 09-03-2013, 05:08 PM
  #736  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Good tip thanks Ill keep that in my tqrc cart for the next big order you used the one piece bearing or the rings and balls separate? If the later what diameter balls?
i use the once piece bearing, has done the job well for 18 months.
aussierevo is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:03 AM
  #737  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

Does the F104V2 motor mount fit the TRF101 rear pod, do the holes line up?
I noticed that the (rear axle) ride height adjusting isn't the same as the V2, that's why i would consider to use the V2 motor mount.
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
  #738  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,621
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Can someone explain the differences between tamiya 51346 and tamiya 53136 thrust bearings .....are they the same bearing ?...and one pack just comes with more pieces?
theatriks is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 11:04 AM
  #739  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Can someone explain the differences between tamiya 51346 and tamiya 53136 thrust bearings .....are they the same bearing ?...and one pack just comes with more pieces?
One has the balls already in them. The other is just washers and a center spacer, you probably add your own thrust balls (not sure of the size). Will be a lot trickier to build (You do this for 1/10 off road diffs but the diff housings are very different).

Do you add black graphite hudy grease on the balls as well?
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM
  #740  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,621
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
One has the balls already in them. The other is just washers and a center spacer, you probably add your own thrust balls (not sure of the size). Will be a lot trickier to build (You do this for 1/10 off road diffs but the diff housings are very different).

Do you add black graphite hudy grease on the balls as well?
i jamm pack my thrust bearings with the hudy graphite grease.
theatriks is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 06:03 AM
  #741  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
Default

Drove it for the first time last night. After some strong words about threadlock not working (and losing one of the upper kingpin ball holders), some loaned parts put me back on the track, and it drove great.

I was lucky to find the important part again, because they're very hard to find (although I assume they can be ordered).
ijdod is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
  #742  
Tech Apprentice
 
Sockrocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 70
Default

Well after weeks of work and no time, except to browse this thread Finally put together my car! Just need to decide on a paint scheme now.
Sockrocker is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 PM
  #743  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
Does the F104V2 motor mount fit the TRF101 rear pod, do the holes line up?
I noticed that the (rear axle) ride height adjusting isn't the same as the V2, that's why i would consider to use the V2 motor mount.
Yeah, there's a missed chance if I ever saw one :P
ijdod is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 11:03 PM
  #744  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
HeliYogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,199
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sockrocker View Post
Finally put together my car! Just need to decide on a paint scheme now.
How about this one

HeliYogi is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 AM
  #745  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 75
Default

Does the F104V2 motor mount fit the TRF101 rear pod, do the holes line up?
Unfortunately the holes don't line up. The good news is that the TRF101 rearpod is a few mm wider than the F104 V II rearpod.
Johnson40 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 AM
  #746  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

@johnson40,

Thx for the info, to bad the holes don't line up. (could be an improvement when releasing a newer version of the TRF101 in the near future)
The wider rear pod is definately a big improvement when using a speedpassion motor.

I just placed an order @ stellamodels for the last TRF101 chassis kit they have available; looking forward to build and drive it and see the difference in handling over a V2 or the X1 versions.
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 AM
  #747  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
yourstruly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oc
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sockrocker View Post
Well after weeks of work and no time, except to browse this thread Finally put together my car! Just need to decide on a paint scheme now.
Now you just got to come to California to race with use.
yourstruly22 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 AM
  #748  
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 431
Default

Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I just placed an order @ stellamodels for the last TRF101 chassis kit they have available; looking forward to build and drive it and see the difference in handling over a V2 or the X1 versions.
The kit is out of stock at stella since several days ... i deseperatly search the kit at an affordable price , but still out of stock everywere
Ph3nyx is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
  #749  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
The kit is out of stock at stella since several days ... i deseperatly search the kit at an affordable price , but still out of stock everywere
That's correct, but they still had one for sale in their ebay shop and they have reserved the kit for me, i'm waiting on the invoice to pay for it.
Lucky me
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
  #750  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 584
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Yep looks like all gone, Tamiya America lists the TRF101 as discontinued! Lucky I got mine before they all went to good homes.
Jorge T is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.