Like Tree3Likes

TRF101

Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 AM
  #181  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 481
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Ed, if you can wait a few days we should have them in stock by early next week.i will get it out as soon as they hit the shore here in the US
Very cool, will you be taking pre-orders? Need one in time for the Regionals!

Thanks,

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is online now  
Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 AM
  #182  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by masterhit
Very cool, will you be taking pre-orders? Need one in time for the Regionals!

Thanks,

Mike Slaughter
Yes I will take pre orders
Email me at [email protected]
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM
  #183  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
M3Man03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 453
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I know. And the f104v2 titanium edition price has come down a lot because of trf101. They are now under $250 shipped.
Where?
M3Man03 is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM
  #184  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3Man03
Where?
Here.

edhchoe is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 01:53 PM
  #185  
Tech Apprentice
 
Marklas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 85
Default

The first shakedown test was run today with the new TRF101 which was very positive. It sticks to the road and the corner speed is amazing compared to the older F104 Pro. It can withstand being run hard and are very forgiving when it is overdriven.

The fastest lap time was about two tenths faster than the wide F103's that was on the track and 1.1 sec faster than F104 Pro. (290m 1/8 track) (Sorry no V2 og other F1 cars on the track today)

Remember to use threadlock on this car when it is built. It is certainly time to tightening some things already.
Marklas is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 PM
  #186  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 445
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marklas
The first shakedown test was run today with the new TRF101 which was very positive. It sticks to the road and the corner speed is amazing compared to the older F104 Pro. It can withstand being run hard and are very forgiving when it is overdriven.

The fastest lap time was about two tenths faster than the wide F103's that was on the track and 1.1 sec faster than F104 Pro. (290m 1/8 track) (Sorry no V2 og other F1 cars on the track today)

Remember to use threadlock on this car when it is built. It is certainly time to tightening some things already.
What is your opinion on the TRF101 compared to the F104 Ver II or F104 X1? Is it a big upgrade in performance, particularly around corners?
bee200sx is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 04:30 AM
  #187  
Tech Apprentice
 
Marklas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 85
Default

Here en Denmark we drive with foam tyres and silvercan motor. I think the V2 will be very close to the TRF.

On rubber tyres and 21.5T motor the TRF i think will be a little better. But I have not tried it yet. Only that i think.
Marklas is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 AM
  #188  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

rcMart's got 10+ in stock now. This means f1 paint lab will get them shortly also.

Last edited by edhchoe; 06-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.
edhchoe is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 AM
  #189  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
PhilippineEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Scored 1 from rcMart! Can't wait for my kit to get here.
PhilippineEagle is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
  #190  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nor CA
Posts: 158
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

just arrived from HK...etamiya.
Attached Thumbnails TRF101-img_20130620_123103_059.jpg  
xanavitbevo3 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:56 PM
  #191  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,440
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

TRF101 should arrive next week can't wait
GMartinez is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:58 PM
  #192  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xanavitbevo3
just arrived from HK...etamiya.
Have fun building it. I wonder how the total weight compares with f104v2.
edhchoe is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:16 PM
  #193  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by xanavitbevo3
just arrived from HK...etamiya.
Bring it to Norcal when you're done!
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:06 PM
  #194  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
cmy55s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orange nsw
Posts: 1,165
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys i currently have a f104 pro and am looking at getting the trf101. Will be running 21.5 and rubber tires. Will my wheels and tires for the 104 fit the 101 or do i need to use new wheels? Thanks pat
cmy55s is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM
  #195  
PDR
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,143
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cmy55s
Hey guys i currently have a f104 pro and am looking at getting the trf101. Will be running 21.5 and rubber tires. Will my wheels and tires for the 104 fit the 101 or do i need to use new wheels? Thanks pat
Your existing wheels/tyres will be a direct swapover. If you need an excuse to buy something new, try the Exotek offset rims
PDR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.