Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Tekin Gen 2 RS and RSX >

New Tekin Gen 2 RS and RSX

New Tekin Gen 2 RS and RSX

Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can't seem to get the data logger to work, what the heck am i doing wrong. I hook it to the hotwire, click on the data logger link and all I get is a big red screen. Tried clicking on download data then the screen just goes to black and nothing else. Could I have a bug in the program somewhere?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Team Tekin

Try a factory reset on the unit by holding both buttons for 5 sec. It might need to be initialized.

If you press incr and release it will show you how full the memory is. All leds lit is full, 1 led is empty. When full it does take some time to download it.

If you press and hold incr it will erase the datalog and be ready for a run.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The timing boost is so much more efficient and effective in the RS Gen2. Because of this you simply do not need as much as before. The bottom end is where this improvement really shows up.
Ok Thanks, I'll give it a try

DC
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
I can't seem to get the data logger to work, what the heck am i doing wrong. I hook it to the hotwire, click on the data logger link and all I get is a big red screen. Tried clicking on download data then the screen just goes to black and nothing else. Could I have a bug in the program somewhere?
I had a similar issue, I would delete the data and get nothing after the run.

When I checked the 'Display' menu (i think that is it) I had nothing selected to display (rpm, throttle, temp etc). I'm not convinced this was necessarily user error, so I'll keep an eye on it.

When I selected so values to display, it would work.
However I had to do another logging run, it did not 'pull' anything from the memory.

This makes me think that by selecting data to 'Display' you are actually telling the RS what parameters you wish to log. It will not store all parameters so that it could be displayed later.

If i am right it makes sense as an efficient way to manage data storage, but perhaps something to be pointed out in a users guide or similar.

DC
Old 07-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

DELETED

Last edited by fesen; 07-24-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: deleted
Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

can anyone help with understanding the data logger throttle graph.
Set the Gen2 with my Sanwa Exzes transmitter/sanwa RX-451r receiver.
Neutral OK set throttle & brake - all lights flash to show hitting maximium.
Download the data and the throttle highpoints show 82.21.
Change the EPA's to 140% (Max) reset the ESC and try again, hit max throttle all lights flash.
Download the data throttle highpoints on graph show 121.21.
So it seems the throttle highpoints are always 18 below what the EPA is set at.

Is the highpoint on the graph wrong or I am not hitting full throttle even though all the lights are flashing?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
can anyone help with understanding the data logger throttle graph.
Set the Gen2 with my Sanwa Exzes transmitter/sanwa RX-451r receiver.
Neutral OK set throttle & brake - all lights flash to show hitting maximium.
Download the data and the throttle highpoints show 82.21.
Change the EPA's to 140% (Max) reset the ESC and try again, hit max throttle all lights flash.
Download the data throttle highpoints on graph show 121.21.
So it seems the throttle highpoints are always 18 below what the EPA is set at.

Is the highpoint on the graph wrong or I am not hitting full throttle even though all the lights are flashing?
I know that KO radio has to be re calibrated (once a month) and it is done via the menu on the radio... I'm wondering if your radio has this feature and needs to be done.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I know that KO radio has to be re calibrated (once a month) and it is done via the menu on the radio... I'm wondering if your radio has this feature and needs to be done.
the VR adjust shows everything is correct
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Got it

The Data logger is not picking the current neutral point of the ESC/throttle it shows the neutral point under the the 0 line in the graph add this minus figure to the highest number & it equals 100.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

82 * 1.5 ~= 121

It's odd they don't normalize the throttle input based on calibration.

-Mike
Old 08-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Initiate

What temperature should this be running with 17.5 blinky?
Old 08-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Can someone please let me know what the continuous amps are for the gen2 cant seem to find any info here or at tekin's site. Need new esc for my new TRF 101 F1. The Texas EOS F1 champ is running a LT4 esc from Bruchless Hobbies and it's rated at 120 amp continuous and a true 640 amp for 10 sec, as they put it a tweakers dream.

☆frankie p☆
Thanks everyone for your time
Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voloc
What temperature should this be running with 17.5 blinky?
Hint... Not Temp, but RPMs... I know that my one motor will (with load) do 17K RPM... So I gear to top out around 17K.... for that motor. Sometimes the temp is 140 some times it is 170... but if the motor will top at X RPMs then gear to that point....
Old 08-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I worded it kind of weird, didn't mean it like that but how hot is too hot and what is just a normal temperature for it. And if my esc gets hotter than my motor that means I'm undergeared right
Old 08-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voloc
Yeah I worded it kind of weird, didn't mean it like that but how hot is too hot and what is just a normal temperature for it. And if my esc gets hotter than my motor that means I'm undergeared right
Typically yes but what is it in? Check how many LED's are lit up on the esc temp gauge. With the FETS buried you cant accurately temp it with a gun. You want to keep it under 6 LED's. It will however shut off (thermal) before it is damaged by the heat.

This (below) is the same on the Gen2

-Temp Monitor - Reading the temperature monitor is easy and can show if a setup is not working efficiently. The above animation shows the RS internal temperature heating up all the way to just below the thermal shutdown threshold. Each time it flashes more LEDs after the neutral LED is showing the increasing internal temperature.

This feature is very handy for dialing in a setup that is within the limits of the ESC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.