R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Tekin Gen 2 RS and RSX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/717104-new-tekin-gen-2-rs-rsx.html)

Randy_Pike 03-27-2013 04:59 PM

A 1s version is in the works and will likely not be any larger footprint wise...

The new hardware along with the software that runs it takes the RS platform to the next level. The throttle and brake feel is dialed and the new boost is simply ridiculous. Those that have been fortunate enough to drive my car while testing all walked away not believing what they just experienced.

There is much more coming from Tekin this year...stay tuned.

haywood 03-27-2013 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike (Post 11980713)
A 1s version is in the works and will likely not be any larger footprint wise...

The new hardware along with the software that runs it takes the RS platform to the next level. The throttle and brake feel is dialed and the new boost is simply ridiculous. Those that have been fortunate enough to drive my car while testing all walked away not believing what they just experienced.

Great work Randy! Looks awesome! I ran a Tekin at the IIC and had a couple of issues and it was great to have you there for support. I hope to see you at the 2013 IIC!

T.MARSHALL 03-27-2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by haywood (Post 11980802)
Great work Randy! Looks awesome! I ran a Tekin at the IIC and had a couple of issues and it was great to have you there for support. I hope to see you at the 2013 IIC!

Any idea when it hits the market place?

jlfx car audio 03-27-2013 05:51 PM

Depending on the data logging I could see one in my tc . would be nice to see voltage and acceleration curve with select gearing

mkiiina 03-27-2013 06:03 PM

Just looking at the pics and the hotwire and it got me thinking....

The new RS has a male data port, the hotwire has a male connector as well....

Something else in the works?

Nuno Gancho 03-27-2013 06:07 PM

It willbe good to be able to use a IPad for programming.

Burlap 03-27-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho (Post 11980952)
It willbe good to be able to use a IPad for programming.

I think the issue there is a restriction by Apple on how third party companies can use the 30pin/Lightning Port, rather than the fault of Tekin.

Might wait to see how many people dump their RS Pro v.1 for the v.2 and pick up a cheap v.1 :)

hyujmn 03-27-2013 06:17 PM

I wonder if they'll have a program box now like the Hobbywings. No more lugging around a laptop/netbook to the tracks to make simple changes.

That's the main reason I went from Tekin to Hobbywing.

RedBullFiXX 03-27-2013 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike (Post 11980713)

RS 1s.2
you got my attention now :nod:
will this be capable of running 1s mod ?

Odin544 03-27-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by hyujmn (Post 11981001)
I wonder if they'll have a program box now like the Hobbywings. No more lugging around a laptop/netbook to the tracks to make simple changes.

That's the main reason I went from Tekin to Hobbywing.

Nope, no program box. They've stated this several times. Randy says they are working on something better.

MC112b 03-28-2013 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Odin544 (Post 11981452)
Nope, no program box. They've stated this several times. Randy says they are working on something better.

Android app?
I thought they may do a blinky only esc.

Will this happen in 2013?

InspGadgt 03-28-2013 03:28 AM

Android would require additional hardware as there is no host controller. So likely if an Android programmer is made there will be some sort of box between the Andriod device and the esc.

PROMODVETTE 03-28-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by mkiiina (Post 11980935)
Just looking at the pics and the hotwire and it got me thinking....

The new RS has a male data port, the hotwire has a male connector as well....

Something else in the works?

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=TEKTT3825

arnie84 03-28-2013 08:27 AM

Tower taking pre orders im in :nod: u have too call only motor/esc combos r listed but they r taking orders for just the esc

al dente 03-28-2013 08:33 AM

i thought that you never had to buy a new tekin because they were perfect and up-dateable? nice new case... carry on the loosing.