R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voloc View Post
Yeah I worded it kind of weird, didn't mean it like that but how hot is too hot and what is just a normal temperature for it. And if my esc gets hotter than my motor that means I'm undergeared right
The other thing.. If you are running drag brake this will around 20 degree to the motor... Not saying you should or shouldn't run drag brake, just stating what it will do a motor's temps....

In 17.5 I have never had an issue with ESC temp... But if you way off on the gearing I could see that causing an issue... With the Gen 2 what I find very interesting is when the temp spikes... it is when you grab throttle, hard... My point, learn to roll into your throttle not grab it hard... I can see spikes of 20 degree for less then a second, when I get on it...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #182
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
can anyone help with understanding the data logger throttle graph.
Set the Gen2 with my Sanwa Exzes transmitter/sanwa RX-451r receiver.
Neutral OK set throttle & brake - all lights flash to show hitting maximium.
Download the data and the throttle highpoints show 82.21.
Change the EPA's to 140% (Max) reset the ESC and try again, hit max throttle all lights flash.
Download the data throttle highpoints on graph show 121.21.
So it seems the throttle highpoints are always 18 below what the EPA is set at.

Is the highpoint on the graph wrong or I am not hitting full throttle even though all the lights are flashing?
The short answer is that it does not matter because we calibrate to the end points and neutral so they are correct and you get full throttle and brake.

The technical answer is because the standard signal pulse width for RC systems is 1.0ms full brake, 1.5ms for neutral, 2.0ms for full throttle. Our scale is based on these numbers 100/-100. Some radios are 50/50 and some radios are 70/30 and move the neutral down to 1.3ms to give you more resolution on the throttle side.

With your EPA set at 100% the radio appears to be giving us around 1.9ms for full trigger. When you increase the EPA to 140% it is giving us around 2.1ms for full throttle. In either case we will flash all the leds and give full throttle/brake if we are calibrated to the radio output.

Sidenote... some radios will drift as batteries get low or due to sitting in hot sun. You can radio calibrate and then turn the radio EPA up 5 or 10 to make sure you always get to full throttle.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 08-12-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #183
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
The short answer is that it does not matter because we calibrate to the end points and neutral so they are correct and you get full throttle and brake.

The technical answer is because the standard signal pulse width for RC systems is 1.0ms full brake, 1.5ms for neutral, 2.0ms for full throttle. Our scale is based on these numbers 100/-100. Some radios are 50/50 and some radios are 70/30 and move the neutral down to 1.3ms to give you more resolution on the throttle side.

With your EPA set at 100% the radio appears to be giving us around 1.9ms for full trigger. When you increase the EPA to 140% it is giving us around 2.1ms for full throttle. In either case we will flash all the leds and give full throttle/brake if we are calibrated to the radio output.

Sidenote... some radios will drift as batteries get low or due to sitting in hot sun. You can radio calibrate and then turn the radio EPA up 5 or 10 to make sure you always get to full throttle.
Thanks for the reply
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #184
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

Sorry if you answered this before, here it goes anyways. I would like to know when the RSX or RS Gen 2 Pro is estimated to b released? I am trying to plan a head a little and would like to run the new ESC.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

There is no estimated release date.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #186
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Here's a "How to" of the data logging. HOw to use it, what to look for and changes that can be made to the car to lower your lap times.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/TWS...wTo_111513.pdf

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #187
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What's the word on the Android app? Is there a release date yet?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Here's a "How to" of the data logging. HOw to use it, what to look for and changes that can be made to the car to lower your lap times.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/TWS...wTo_111513.pdf
Very nice write up!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #189
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just curious what are the differences b/t the Gen 2 and Gen 2 pro? Apologies if this has been answered, I scanned the thread but didn't find an answer. I'm guessing Gen2pro will be able to handle lower turn motors (edit).

cheers
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #190
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Just curious what are the differences b/t the Gen 2 and Gen 2 pro? Apologies if this has been answered, I scanned the thread but didn't find an answer. I'm guessing Gen2pro will be able to handle lower turn motors (edit).

cheers
What is a Gen2 Pro ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #191
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post

cheers
I suppose you could call the RSX the GEN2 Pro since there is no Pro in the RS GEN2 line. I believe it's rated to a 2.5 turn (540) on 2S in 1/10 on road