R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Anti dive/kick up

Can someone help me out with how to measure?
I tend to use some kick up in the rear and just don't know how to measure, I figured its the space between the suspension pin holders and the chassis or is that completely wrong?
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You could measure the change in static caster or do some simple measurements of lengths and create triangle diagrams, use the change in lengths with the angle you want to find and use a trig function to find the angle( of kickup or anti dive)
I can draw up and post what I mean if it doesnt make sense and you'd like to use the method
and yes you are right it is the distance between the bottom of the suspension block and the chassis, but more importantly for kickup it is the difference in the distances of inner and outer blocks from the chassis( 0.5mm spacers rear inner block, 0mm spacers rear outer block would be kickup)
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Tech Master

Draw it up and post I'd like to see it and try and use your method, thanks it it makes total sense
Old 03-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If i forgot to explain or mention something just post back and ill clear it up as best i can. If your familiar with trigonometry you can use the angle of kick up that you want and find the right thickness shim length needed.
The length "x" could be measured from different spots so make sure you measure it from the points A and B in my diagram, BEFORE you place the shims for kick up under the blocks. If you measure with the kick up shims in place you'll get a larger value and your calculation will be incorrect.

Similar method can be used to measure anti dive etc...
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post

If i forgot to explain or mention something just post back and ill clear it up as best i can. If your familiar with trigonometry you can use the angle of kick up that you want and find the right thickness shim length needed.
The length "x" could be measured from different spots so make sure you measure it from the points A and B in my diagram, BEFORE you place the shims for kick up under the blocks. If you measure with the kick up shims in place you'll get a larger value and your calculation will be incorrect.

Similar method can be used to measure anti dive etc...
Got it