Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stonely0
Wow!!! I'm worried now when i saw this after just placing my order for this kit. I'm not a racer so do i need to do all the above modification? Does this kit even run decent assembling them as per the instruction guide without mod straight out of the box?
Don't worry...the kit goes together very well so you shouldn't have any problems. Since you are not a racer you don't need to be concerned with the modifications outlined by Solara. Those are mainly for racers who are racing with Pit Shimizu tires and are restricted to 190mm in width. The Pit Shimizu tires are slightly wider in off-set then the older Tamiya style tires so they push the car out to 192mm wide which will not pass if the race is a stickler about rules. The only thing you will want to take note of is the spacers for the rear wheels so that the rear is the same width as the front. Without the spacers the rear comes out more narrow than the front.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The only thing you will want to take note of is the spacers for the rear wheels so that the rear is the same width as the front. Without the spacers the rear comes out more narrow than the front.
Hi may i know which spacer you are referring to? The instruction manual does not say putting any spacer in the rear wheel axle. There are however 2 spacer (5x7x0.5mm) each side for the front wheel.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stonely0
Hi may i know which spacer you are referring to? The instruction manual does not say putting any spacer in the rear wheel axle. There are however 2 spacer (5x7x0.5mm) each side for the front wheel.
There is a small amendment sheet somewhere in the instructions that show them. The kit doesn't actually come with the spacers though so you'll want to find some of your own. The spacers they show go between the wheel and the hub though not on the axle. Personally I put spacers on the axle instead but I also changed out the left side hub to one I really like a lot so I'm not sure if axle spacers would work with the stock hub.

Both the manual and amendment are on Speed Passion's website here:
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000282&c=CAR
You'll need to create an account there and then click on the link. Or create an account and go to the SP-1 page and you'll see the download tab there.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
There is a small amendment sheet somewhere in the instructions that show them. The kit doesn't actually come with the spacers though so you'll want to find some of your own. The spacers they show go between the wheel and the hub though not on the axle. Personally I put spacers on the axle instead but I also changed out the left side hub to one I really like a lot so I'm not sure if axle spacers would work with the stock hub.

Both the manual and amendment are on Speed Passion's website here:
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000282&c=CAR
You'll need to create an account there and then click on the link. Or create an account and go to the SP-1 page and you'll see the download tab there.

I had a little bag with 4 spacers in my kit, along with the amendment to the instructions. I'm thinking the spacers made it in some kits and not others.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey Solara, do you know how long it will be until the US Speed Passion warehouse has more spares in stock? Right now I can only see the damper tube and rear axle as spares on the international website, where everything is significantly more expensive...

For instance, the body post set is $3.99 on the US website but $6 on the international site.

I had a traction roll about a week ago that resulted in pretty severe damage to the car, so I have since been trying to track down the following:
- bodypost set
- rear axle assembly
- damper tube

Anybody know where I can get these parts to get my car up and running again?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I need a rear axle too, mine came bent from the factory. I have a races back to back and can't even get it on the track.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have 1 kit in stock right now I'll break open if you guys want parts right now.

Feel free to pm me to work out details.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Hey Solara, do you know how long it will be until the US Speed Passion warehouse has more spares in stock? Right now I can only see the damper tube and rear axle as spares on the international website, where everything is significantly more expensive...

For instance, the body post set is $3.99 on the US website but $6 on the international site.

I had a traction roll about a week ago that resulted in pretty severe damage to the car, so I have since been trying to track down the following:
- bodypost set
- rear axle assembly
- damper tube

Anybody know where I can get these parts to get my car up and running again?
As much as I wish we can supply the parts for our customer, the demand and supply from us is just not catching up....sorry.

However, there is a solution....to be honest, our car, will fit almost most of the parts from Tamiya F104....in your case, body post set...you can use anything from anyone. I used a Team Magic one that I ordered from A-main for like the same price....but it does come with a body flapper that I like it very much. The Damper Tube.....F104 one will work. You can get that from TQRCRacing or F1Paintshop. Or...upgrade to the real oil damper like the AE 12R5 one. I think someone on the thread did that, please check 2-3 pages back there is a red version Tresery SP1 used a blue oil side damper (I am not sure that is a AE version or the Tamiya version).

Rear axle....please contact our office via phone 1-888-928-1328 and contact Albert and request the axle parts and he will be able to take care of the parts. We do have some of the axle parts around but they are not listed on the website. Call the office and he will handle the parts ordering separately.

Thank you everyone for the input....
Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b20btec
I need a rear axle too, mine came bent from the factory. I have a races back to back and can't even get it on the track.
Please contact our office 1-888-928-1328 and talk to Albert and explain your situation....we will send the replacement parts under the warranty.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
Please contact our office 1-888-928-1328 and talk to Albert and explain your situation....we will send the replacement parts under the warranty.
Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

anybody know where i can get a left rear bulkhead? Mine bent last night in a light tap on sweeper off.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

SP1 parts arrived today, while I dont have everything that you are all looking for, what I have I have good quantities of
http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/spare-parts-1/
Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Still waiting on my axle. It didn't make it in time for my UF1 race. Ran that sucker anyways. I do like the car but may swap back to f104 due to parts support. Tamiya fits with a little trimming.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This is a good little car for the price.

At first I thought the stock front end was pretty trick. But then when I started looking it over and over for the tire set up. I started to not like it very much. The front wider then the rear even with the 190mm setup. The guys at Speed Passion need to sit down and revise the kits for the US. Include all the shims needed for it to be 190mm...

I got rid of the front end just because it turned out to be too complicated. I added a f104 front end with hopups from an f104 I bought. Just for simplicity.

Parts from the f104 will work. Ive gotten away with using a 3racing dampner, Ive put a Tamiya ball diff/axle in there and it worked. It just wasnt track tested. I dont think any of f104's motor mounts will work.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RS_ZACH
This is a good little car for the price.

At first I thought the stock front end was pretty trick. But then when I started looking it over and over for the tire set up. I started to not like it very much. The front wider then the rear even with the 190mm setup. The guys at Speed Passion need to sit down and revise the kits for the US. Include all the shims needed for it to be 190mm...

I got rid of the front end just because it turned out to be too complicated. I added a f104 front end with hopups from an f104 I bought. Just for simplicity.

Parts from the f104 will work. Ive gotten away with using a 3racing dampner, Ive put a Tamiya ball diff/axle in there and it worked. It just wasnt track tested. I dont think any of f104's motor mounts will work.
Can you list out the parts from F104 front end, please?
I'm just waiting for my stock front suspension to break, to get the f104 set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.