Speed Passion  F1 car - The SP1 >

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Like Tree4Likes

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I had read that there were issues with the Sweep F1 tires not performing up to expectations that the rears, especially, didn't provide enough grip. I had also read that Sweep was addressing the issue. Unfortunately, I can't recall where I read it. It may have been on the Australian RC F1 site.
There is a Sweep F1 tire thread. No updates lately. Rear compound is way to hard for most any surface. The fronts were really good though.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I finally put my kit together, whoever drilled the countersunk screw holes decided to go a little too deep at the factory causing me to use 1mm washers for the the side links and pivot brace. All of the countersink holes on my tresrey is like that....ugh.

After assembly i tested the rotation and notice the main shaft has a good amount of runout. It seems that the it's probably because of the design of the diff housing to use a spring pin. I may order or call customer service to get a new drive drive axle assembly.

Besides some of the missing screws, wheels nut, and modifying the front end to be legal I'm pretty satisfied for now until I put it on the track. We will see if selling the f104 for this was worth it. I went ahead and ditched the roll damper for a spare tamiya one I had laying around.

Quick snap shot...

Tresrey x SP1, Reventon, SP 17.5R

Last edited by b20btec; 05-22-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Solara
Those are for the upcoming underbody air diffuser....option parts. And you are correct on that...
Cool...I thought that might be the case
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default ?

After yesterday racing, the setup that I posted couple page back is very good on prepped track....my equipment was Reventon PRO with STOCK0 software placing at the back of the car, shorty Speed power lipo the most forward position. MMM 21.5 with yellow board at 36* timing...gearing from 19/72 start, ended up 25/72 and motor was 140* after 6 minutes 90* track temperature.

And overall result...Just need a little bit more turn in. I only sauced the inside edge of the PIT and PARDUS tires (full at rear)...and I am sure couple things I can do, I can add 0.5* more camber, toe out 0.5* more, possible 1 level lower of the softer spring....but overall, I think I will set the dual rate HIGHER first...the easiest fix..LOL.
Hey Howard,
Take care of "the speed passion thread".
Customers need help and they ain't getting it...........:
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I am not understanding the front end set up on this car at all. With going through this thread, I am even more confused!

I want to run the 190mm set up with rubber tire. I am not understanding steps 12 and 13. If I run the 190 setup, do I put suspension arm mount insert with the white mark in or out. Also do I put shims under the arm mount inserts?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

For the 190mm setup put the inserts in with the white stripe facing outside then use the outside hole on both the plate and the insert. Yes you still use spacers under the arms.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RS_ZACH
I am not understanding the front end set up on this car at all. With going through this thread, I am even more confused!

I want to run the 190mm set up with rubber tire. I am not understanding steps 12 and 13. If I run the 190 setup, do I put suspension arm mount insert with the white mark in or out. Also do I put shims under the arm mount inserts?
It can be confusing. You will still need to shim the under the arms, you follow the manual of use solara's guide. This is a picture of mine for approx 185mm, which will require the same modications solara did to the caster block, servo mount, and upper arm. Keep in mind the 190mm setup with tires and camber pushes the front end past 190mm making it out of spec of the UF1 rules. If you that rule doesn't apply to what you're trying to achieve with your F1 then it doesn't matter.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RS_ZACH

Yes, the rule actually made this very confusing....not the car itself.

If you are racing the US 190mm rule, you also need to check on the TIRE/RIM that you are using...if you are using the +3mm offset rim, you must use the 184mm setup....now, that is confusing.

Lets assume you are using the standard Tamiya, Pardus rim with 0 offset, on step #12 of our manual, the most LEFT (right on the edge) showing when using 190mm setup, you should mount the alum insert using the most OUTSIDE hole.....and on the step 12, on the carbon "H" plate...you mount to the most OUTSIDE hole as well...with 0mm offset rim, that should give you a 190mm front end.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by b20btec
It can be confusing. You will still need to shim the under the arms, you follow the manual of use solara's guide. This is a picture of mine for approx 185mm, which will require the same modications solara did to the caster block, servo mount, and upper arm. Keep in mind the 190mm setup with tires and camber pushes the front end past 190mm making it out of spec of the UF1 rules. If you that rule doesn't apply to what you're trying to achieve with your F1 then it doesn't matter.
Thanks for your image....however, you are saying, your car is setting up using the 190mm setting, using the outside hole for the insert, and outside hole for the H-plate...when mounting with tires, looking from the front of the car, the lower portion of the tire is wider then 190mm?

Is that true..?

My current car, is setup at 184mm, when using Tamiya rim with Pit Shumizu tires, the widest part of the tires are at 186mm.

I will try to change to 190mm set up and use the same tires and see it can be 190mm or it is wider....
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Yes, the rule actually made this very confusing....not the car itself.

If you are racing the US 190mm rule, you also need to check on the TIRE/RIM that you are using...if you are using the +3mm offset rim, you must use the 184mm setup....now, that is confusing.

Lets assume you are using the standard Tamiya, Pardus rim with 0 offset, on step #12 of our manual, the most LEFT (right on the edge) showing when using 190mm setup, you should mount the alum insert using the most OUTSIDE hole.....and on the step 12, on the carbon "H" plate...you mount to the most OUTSIDE hole as well...with 0mm offset rim, that should give you a 190mm front end.
Not taking away from his post, can you explain the horrible runout of the rear end? I may even post a youtube video to show this.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Not taking away from his post, can you explain the horrible runout of the rear end? I may even post a youtube video to show this.
Is your axle bent..?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What I have currently mounted up is a full set of Tamiya foam wheels with Shimizu tires. I currently dont have any fancy tools to measure width. At least that wide any way.

So the clear answer to my question is, that I need to do all that modification that Solara posted for it be 190mm compliance? ( Im kind of having a hard time understanding 3 different answers)
Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Is your axle bent..?
I'm not sure it is. I think it's the hub and roll pin side.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for your image....however, you are saying, your car is setting up using the 190mm setting, using the outside hole for the insert, and outside hole for the H-plate...when mounting with tires, looking from the front of the car, the lower portion of the tire is wider then 190mm?

Is that true..?

My current car, is setup at 184mm, when using Tamiya rim with Pit Shumizu tires, the widest part of the tires are at 186mm.

I will try to change to 190mm set up and use the same tires and see it can be 190mm or it is wider....
I'm using your setup guide and did the modifications. I'm running pits and my width is around 186-187 with slight camber. When I did the 190mm setup according to manual with pits mounted and neg camber is was around 192mm
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not sure it is. I think it's the hub and roll pin side.
How many spacer you put on the hub and did you enlarge the inside diameter of the 1st inner shim bigger? If you have too much shim within the hub, it might wobble because the wheel might not be deep enough to the HEX wheel hub.

I'm using your setup guide and did the modifications. I'm running pits and my width is around 186-187 with slight camber. When I did the 190mm setup according to manual with pits mounted and neg camber is was around 192mm
That I will have to check it myself...after the 3 weeks Asia trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.