Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Like Tree4Likes

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
John: what's up with your Ti axle?
Puttering with a Pro10... I have the material, need to make a couple calls for machining.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

List your whole setup. I had a similar issue and I put the whole ROBK setup posted in this thread and wow best car on the track now
Here is the setup only thing i didnt know was the front and side springs i am assuming stock front are gold, side are a chrome but do not know the rates on them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tj82114.pdf (192.7 KB, 139 views)
Old 08-21-2014, 12:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by tbamsey
Here is the setup only thing i didnt know was the front and side springs i am assuming stock front are gold, side are a chrome but do not know the rates on them.
Here is the setup I switched to and works super well, but you are running ride tires, I have never tried them we all run pit 571/572

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spee...Hours20130714/
Old 08-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Here is the setup I switched to and works super well, but you are running ride tires, I have never tried them we all run pit 571/572

Thanks got the 1 car switched to that setup will try it out today.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

It got a little better i think it is the tires causing the problems it seems like it floats down the high speed parts going into the hairpin turn not real stable at higher speeds its a beast on the lower speed corners ordered new tires will try this weekend
Old 08-25-2014, 10:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by tbamsey
It got a little better i think it is the tires causing the problems it seems like it floats down the high speed parts going into the hairpin turn not real stable at higher speeds its a beast on the lower speed corners ordered new tires will try this weekend
Yep, that's been my experience with Ride tires, the car doesn't feel like it's 'in the track'

also another note:
I replaced the steel rear axle and the heavy off diff side optional 'Wheel adapter V2' with the stock parts and a Carbon rear axle, WOW punch and still as grippy and stable. Beat previous fast lap with the car by .4
Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello!
friends, I need a softer spring for the rear shock any references to do well to shock. I need the reference number.

thanks you
Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm still having major issues with the front pivot balls and uprights. I'm not seeing that anyone else is dealing with the issue, so it must be my pivot balls. I've now tried many sets of the carbon reinforced and standard uprights - all are incredibly tight, and won't allow the steering to center, no matter what I do. I've had to resort to using a helicopter ball end reamer to free things up at while at the track - quite the pain in the butt on race day. Aside from this issue, I love the car - probably 85% dialed at this point.
I'm also curious how many people are running their shorty packs to the rear, and ESC's up front now. When I first built my car, it seemed that most people were opting for batteries up front, with the esc mounted in the rear of the battery area. My car has more steering than I know what to do with, so I'm thinking of making the change.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello!
nobody changed to a softer rear spring?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Nope, I run the kit spring

BUT, in my other F1's I run a softer spring, An Associated non bigbore front buggy spring the green one cut down
Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running my car with Kit centre spring and front spring, and Tamiya gold side springs. Actually been very happy with the car recently. Since going to straight, rather than angled in side links, car has been much better, and the biggest change I made last time out was using a 3mm ackerman shim. Suddenly the steering is far more predictable and the car down right easier to drive... This is on Pit 571 front, Ride R1 rears.
I was going to try ditching the rack, and running a wiper style servo setup... but given how much better the car felt with more ackerman shims, never bothered!

Ed
Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I was thinking of going laydown shorty servo,like the tamiya guys, but to put it far forward enough, for ackerman, it only has a small ledge of the front arm mount plate to sit on, not very stable.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Talking

Hi all,

Finally I build my car. After few hour playing around with the wires (between the esc and the motor) to make the fit with the body, I ended up in the layout of the photo.

Do you see any problems on this setting? The suspension seems to move freely, but I don't know if someone has tested it successfully or it might interfere the suspension.

Thank you very much in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Speed Passion  F1 car - The SP1-image.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was thinking of going laydown shorty servo,like the tamiya guys, but to put it far forward enough, for ackerman, it only has a small ledge of the front arm mount plate to sit on, not very stable.
I just cut the brace out of the arm plate so I could slide the servo forward whilst still on the chassis. If I can find some spare time after our state titles, I'll give it a shot.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, that's been my experience with Ride tires, the car doesn't feel like it's 'in the track'

also another note:
I replaced the steel rear axle and the heavy off diff side optional 'Wheel adapter V2' with the stock parts and a Carbon rear axle, WOW punch and still as grippy and stable. Beat previous fast lap with the car by .4
Will order those rear axle parts, my bone stock car i clipped the out side wall and did some damage well more like carnage

the one with 10 deg front end and steering upgrade started good First round tq 21 laps ride r1 all around 2nd round 17 laps with the pit tires could not apply any power car would just come around mains tried the tamiya 54198/54199 just couldn't put power down would come around. I went through car today couldn't find anything wrong with it nothing bent or binding.

one thing i noticed different on car with aluminum 10 degree block there are 3mm or so spacers on top of it and on stock plastic one they are under the plastic block i went through the instructions and could not find this in there anywhere is this something the previous owner did that is wrong i will try and get a picture of it tomorrow i am comparing both cars to the instructions and this is the only real difference besides ride height.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.