R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/712987-speed-passion-f1-car-sp1.html)

InspGadgt 10-24-2013 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by robk (Post 12659603)
You shouldn't have to do any modifying for Pardus tires. My car IS modified to be 190mm for Pit tires, and it is like 180 or 182mm with Pardus.

My car at the IIC in the 190mm configuration came in around 186mm with the Pardus tires/rims.

Ian_R 10-24-2013 06:33 AM

Has anyone tried CRC aluminium front uprights and/or Associated front lower pivot balls in their SP-1 ?

Sorcerer001 10-24-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by metalnut (Post 12660999)
Yes, you get plenty of 1mm and 2mm shims to lower the car for rubber tires. When I was shimming mine, though, I didn't follow Solara's path and shimmed a little differently. If you want I can try to take a picture of what I did.

Sure! Any help would be appreciated.

Solara 10-24-2013 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ian_R (Post 12661461)
Has anyone tried CRC aluminium front uprights and/or Associated front lower pivot balls in their SP-1 ?

The SP optional race steel metal material lower pivot balls will be here in about 2 weeks...........

Solara 10-24-2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001 (Post 12659648)
Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the offset - didn't realize the Pardus were narrower. Thanks again for the advice. Just put my order in at TQ - The car, F104 body set, balls (for the car), links, and Pardus tires. I'd heard these tires work pretty well on carpet - they're the IIC spec tire. Is this true? I was running grooved Pits (softs, I think) on my FGX, and it had tons of traction - maybe too much for my driving style.

This width has NOTHING to do with the SP1....it is the TIRES that cause the width different...

Pit Shumizu tires, the outer rubber/side wall, their design is used the F104 foam rims and their side wall/rubber are wrapping outside of the rim, that caused the extra 1.5mm wider on each side of the wheel and to make it 190mm (legal trim) you have to set the car up to the 184mm....and overall width should be around 188mm.

Tamiya tires (not TCS) or Pardus tires...their side wall, does NOT wrap around the outside wall of the rim (both rims has the same offset)....so the rubber, will not extend the 1.5mm like the PIT tires does...thats why when you set the car at 184mm, it will be truly sit it at 184mm outside to outside.

We have the optional aluminum caster block that has the 184mm mounting holes so you can setup the car in 184mm....however, the stock kits, will only allow you to do the 190mm (the narrowest)........but please go to the below page, and drill couple holes on the plastic caster block (it will only take you 2 minutes and you do not really need to line up the holes perfectly) and it will be done....

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spee...ovement201305/

The car does not need OPTIONAL items to run in rubber in 190mm trim, but it does need options IF you want to be fast and perfect, just like any RC racing car does....nothing special about it.

Sorcerer001 10-24-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 12662012)
The car does not need OPTIONAL items to run in rubber in 190mm trim, but it does need options IF you want to be fast and perfect, just like any RC racing car does....nothing special about it.

I'm already fast and perfect. I just need a car that'll keep up. ;)

metalnut 10-24-2013 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 12661986)
The SP optional race steel metal material lower pivot balls will be here in about 2 weeks...........

TAKE MY MONEY :p

liljohn1064 10-24-2013 12:03 PM

What is the ETA on the carbon reinforced plastic parts?

FYI, to anyone looking at this kit, in stock form set up at 190 mm it is easily one of the easiest F1 cars to drive on carpet. Great front traction, great corner rotation and excellent rear traction out of the corner. It shocked me when I turned the wheel and there was hardly any push. And I run battery back! I do run 571s up front with the stock springs, about 2* neg camber and .5 mm of front droop. A simple camber adjust, usually less will balance the car to a corner rotation I like as traction comes up.

robk 10-24-2013 04:31 PM

Decent setup for Pardus if you are going to Halloween Classic or Indoor Champs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j...it?usp=sharing

metalnut 10-24-2013 05:09 PM

Have any of you run both Pit tires and Pardus tires on the SP1? I'm really liking the Pit tires, but I'm wondering how Pardus would behave on carpet without a setup change?

robk 10-24-2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by metalnut (Post 12663308)
Have any of you run both Pit tires and Pardus tires on the SP1? I'm really liking the Pit tires, but I'm wondering how Pardus would behave on carpet without a setup change?

Not very nicely

metalnut 10-24-2013 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by robk (Post 12664020)
Not very nicely

I like when a few words can accurately describe a situation. Much appreciated, I'll stick with the Pits :)

Solara 10-25-2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by metalnut (Post 12663308)

I was racing with Rob King on the sunday series race....he was testing the SP1 with Pit versus the Pardus due to the UF1 rule (using Pardus tires) Pardus required quite some change on the setup so please use his setup on SP1 for Pardus....he has another F1 using Pit running at the same time and it was like 1.5 laps (0verall in 5 minutes) faster. That is the different.....

If there is a choice...Pit is the 1st choice over Pardus for sure.

metalnut 10-25-2013 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 12664813)
I was racing with Rob King on the sunday series race....he was testing the SP1 with Pit versus the Pardus due to the UF1 rule (using Pardus tires) Pardus required quite some change on the setup so please use his setup on SP1 for Pardus....he has another F1 using Pit running at the same time and it was like 1.5 laps (0verall in 5 minutes) faster. That is the different.....

If there is a choice...Pit is the 1st choice over Pardus for sure.

Thank you for that info, definitely going to stick with what sticks :)

InspGadgt 10-25-2013 09:52 AM

How much longer until the aluminum parts become available? My plastic pieces are wearing out where the suspension screws in and I'd prefer to replace them with aluminum rather than plastic. Mainly the caster mount and servo mounts.