R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/712987-speed-passion-f1-car-sp1.html)

liljohn1064 03-15-2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 11933758)
Actually, it need battery....if LIPO is what most ppl want to use (LIPO is hard to ship via AIR now a day)....Radio, is 2.4 with LCD screen, it is not some cheap stuff. car is READY to race with SP Reventon Stock Club Race ESC along with V3 competition 21.5 motor that match most of the F1 rule around the world.

That is a very impressive package! A battery, a charger and DONE!

Jim Frahm 03-15-2013 09:08 AM

I'm on the pre-order list.

There's just something about the scale looks of a car that makes racing that much more fun. Now it's time to find a late model body and wing and acceptable electronics that meet the F1 rules.

Looking forward to this one!

Jim

FMW 03-15-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by robk (Post 11931498)
UF1 Midwest is Pardus only...:sweat:

I'm sorry to hear that ;) lol

FMW 03-15-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 11933714)
That is even better....the SP-1 will fit any rubber tires. When using the 185mm F/R setting even with the TCS tires and will fit the 190mm rule.

However, I want to know is there any concern about being OPEN TIRES..? Does some of the RIDE, Pit Shimuzu or TRG brand has wide offset or something odd..? I know RIDE just release the +3mm for the Japan open class market...but I doubt those will be used in USA.

We need to keep the F1 the new narrow look instead of the F103 old school Senna format....

Open tires can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at things. If you have a set "standard" car...meaning the cars conform to a certain specification and fit in a set dimensional box, then a spec tire is a good thing to keep costs down.
Right now F1 RC cars are a little over the map in terms of what features or tuning you can do to them and how wide they are. You have T-plate cars, Link cars, simple front suspension king-pin coil over to the now very innovative Speed Passion front end, which is a coil over double wishbone front end. Very neat! Because of this, a spec tire may favor one design over the other. This is especially true now since we have 180mm and 190mm car widths as well. With open tires all players have a chance to compete and do well. Granted this makes it a little more expensive, but until F1 standardizes or the class is split to keep cars with a certain dimensional and specification box in the same playground, open tires seems to be the only thing to keep everyone's toys competitive for now.

Just an opinion from someone who's seen and been down this road many many times :D

BullFrog 03-15-2013 02:22 PM

So what are the prices?

Solara 03-15-2013 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by FMW (Post 11934887)
Open tires can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at things. If you have a set "standard" car...meaning the cars conform to a certain specification and fit in a set dimensional box, then a spec tire is a good thing to keep costs down.
Right now F1 RC cars are a little over the map in terms of what features or tuning you can do to them and how wide they are. You have T-plate cars, Link cars, simple front suspension king-pin coil over to the now very innovative Speed Passion front end, which is a coil over double wishbone front end. Very neat! Because of this, a spec tire may favor one design over the other. This is especially true now since we have 180mm and 190mm car widths as well. With open tires all players have a chance to compete and do well. Granted this makes it a little more expensive, but until F1 standardizes or the class is split to keep cars with a certain dimensional and specification box in the same playground, open tires seems to be the only thing to keep everyone's toys competitive for now.

Just an opinion from someone who's seen and been down this road many many times :D

Fred.....Thanks for the explanation and I think I am welcoming the open tires rule. To be honest, our car encounter some major design problem when trying to find out how WIDE that we can go...in Japan and HK (also part of China), the F1RC are all 200mm with foams....rubber tires are not welcome nor care by then because they are running full mod, sometime with boost. The current 185~190mm setup with rubber tires are exactly something they will not consider...total opposite to what we are running.

And about open tires...I think as long as we can easily obtain those mfr such as Ride, Pit Shumizu, TRG or even the TCS spec rubber tires....open tires or not, is all up to the racing organization to be spec. But I just hope, in USA, will stick with RUBBER TIRES instead of letting the FOAM GATE open.

Pardus is doing something alot of ppl want to see, they provide something affordable and still good enough to race indoor carpet and outdoor. The TCS spec rubber tires are a good choice to use....RIDE is definitely the best to have but they are not easy to get and not easy to swallow in price...but the key is still the LEGAL WIDTH of the F1 has to be set. 190mm outside to outside...then customer will choose the tires of their choice and set their chassis width to met the legal specification.

And I just hope the tire mfr will keep their wheel's offset a standard...not +1mm front with +3mm rear and combo with some +2mm front on some chassis....F1 need to go back to the basic. Open wheel driving with not too much technology and mechanical knowledge and everyone have fun when racing some realistic bodies...

Solara 03-15-2013 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by BullFrog (Post 11934901)
So what are the prices?

The pre-order page listed the price....

robk 03-15-2013 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by FMW (Post 11934822)
I'm sorry to hear that ;) lol

:lol:

429racer 03-15-2013 10:18 PM

So what is included in the car kit? Does it come with the nose, rear wing, body, tires or a fan?

Solara 03-20-2013 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by 429racer (Post 11936261)
So what is included in the car kit? Does it come with the nose, rear wing, body, tires or a fan?

Just like other pro kits, it is rolling chassis only....

mattwoodcraft 03-26-2013 11:17 PM

Look forwardbgongne release date is so close
I will have one if these for sure :)

Manny 03-27-2013 01:08 AM

This car looks amazing.....Will the manual be available online?;)

sid8 03-27-2013 04:03 AM

This is an amazing high performance radio controlled car that is extremely fast and fun to drive. It features all the latest advances in toy car manufacturing and is the latest model produced by ZHI LIN one of China's most respected model factories which means it has very good build quality.

Solara 03-29-2013 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Manny (Post 11977964)
This car looks amazing.....Will the manual be available online?;)

I was told it will be up on the website soon...may be next week.

Walkman 03-29-2013 11:37 AM

Solara any idea what part of April the kit will be here? I can't wait.