Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion  F1 car - The SP1 >

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Like Tree4Likes

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Reply

Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM
  #151  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

LM-1
Difuser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
  #152  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Tracking shows mine as out for delivery Should be waiting for me when I get home
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:02 PM
  #153  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,583
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Just got back from the Inaugural/Finale Grand Am race at Road Atlanta. Seems that IMSA/ALMS/United Sports Car Racing can't decide on class rules/designations. My suggestion, Solara, is to go with corporate because even the ACO can't hold on to a class designation for long!
Heard many joke names for the Deltawing this weekend, including the "Phlying Phallus"!

Last edited by NutDriver; 04-22-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: dumbfinger
NutDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
  #154  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

So after talking with Solara about the pivot ball retainers I too glued the wrench to the retainers and extracted them from the knuckles. They need to be installed on an angle instead of straight in. If you go this way they will thread in with little to no effort.
BP SHADOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:15 AM
  #155  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,204
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
So after talking with Solara about the pivot ball retainers I too glued the wrench to the retainers and extracted them from the knuckles. They need to be installed on an angle instead of straight in. If you go this way they will thread in with little to no effort.
Thanks Brad...this is how it suppose to thread in into the steering hub.

Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM
  #156  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Parts???????

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thanks Brad...this is how it suppose to thread in into the steering hub.

Now that we have all got the car together one way or the other,is there any idea as to when we will be able to purchase sare parts.I would really rather have the parts than to buy a kit just for the parts. Thanks
TWILL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
  #157  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,204
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TWILL View Post
Now that we have all got the car together one way or the other,is there any idea as to when we will be able to purchase sare parts.I would really rather have the parts than to buy a kit just for the parts. Thanks
Parts are suppose to come in next week.
Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 PM
  #158  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Parts

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Parts are suppose to come in next week.
Thanks, Do you think that will include Option Parts?
TWILL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
  #159  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,758
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thanks Brad...this is how it suppose to thread in into the steering hub.

That's how mine went in, then too tight and stripped the hex out. It would be nice to see that retainer part in aluminum or harder plastic. Slotting them for a screw driver is still not a bad idea just in case.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 AM
  #160  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Well I started my build tonight I am only a little ways in but I am pretty impressed so far. The quality of the cuts on the carbon fiber is among the best I've seen. However I caution anyone starting their build to make sure to have a 3mm tap. I found none of my rear pivot balls were threaded all the way through and needed to be cleaned up some. It also helps on the 3mm lock nuts that hold the football in place.
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 AM
  #161  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,758
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Well I started my build tonight I am only a little ways in but I am pretty impressed so far. The quality of the cuts on the carbon fiber is among the best I've seen. However I caution anyone starting their build to make sure to have a 3mm tap. I found none of my rear pivot balls were threaded all the way through and needed to be cleaned up some. It also helps on the 3mm lock nuts that hold the football in place.
Same here. I'm guessing the low profile pivot balls have flashing in them from when the 3mm hex is pressed into them from the top.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  #162  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,204
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I was told the pivot ball retainer in aluminum WILL BE the option part.......and full option part should be out around early MAY.
Solara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 AM
  #163  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,583
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

:-)

Thanks for being the guinea pigs, guys.
NutDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  #164  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,842
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

The crc 1/12 front end is very similar...its possible their pivot ball retainer may fit if you have ruined yours.
robk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM
  #165  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,758
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk View Post
The crc 1/12 front end is very similar...its possible their pivot ball retainer may fit if you have ruined yours.
I can check tonight when I get home.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service