R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i reprogrammed it and it looks like it is working ok, no lunging. Its odd that the directions say a blue led will flash throughout setup but mine has a red led that flashes throughout.

I heard older speed controls will do the lunge thing.
mach51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #782
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

the red light means that you have the automatic brake on. the blue light means that its off. so when you are running, it should slow down faster after you let off the gas.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I bought a used sphere comp from a buddy who's had it since the comp first came out. There was an adendum to his directions taht said something to the efect of

"this unit has a red LED instead of the blue LED deswcribed in the directions. Due to this being one of the first units this is OK and we will fix it in later units"

Just a possibility that the older units don't have the blue LED.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:57 AM   #784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach51
well, while my 1 day old sphere system is still at LRP for repairs, I picked up a used sphere competition system. I havent had time to really mess with it, I just programmed it. I noticed something, I turn the radio on, then I turn the speed controller on and it lunges forward just briefly like the throttle is blipped.

yes, I know how to program it.
No, the sub trim is not wrong on the radio, if it were it would continue to go forward.

Radio system is an M11 with Spektrum, failsafe on spektrum is programmed with throttle just at neutral.

anyone experience this with the LRP? Man, my novak was hook up and forget about it...

My buddy's brand new Sphere Comp does the EXACT same exact thing.... Is anyone from LRP going to answer our questions on here or do their customers have to figure this one out for themselves.... AGAIN.
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 AM   #785
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Have you tried emailing LRP directly. :nod 1st club meet for my new sphere comp/4 star and very happy with it so far.

Last edited by danjoy25; 06-08-2007 at 03:54 AM.
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:46 AM   #786
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

when is the sphere competition TC SPEC comming out? im keen to run this in my 12th with a 4.5.

also is there anywhere to get the total height of the unit with the fan + heatsink? is it higher than a gtb?
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #787
Tech Regular

Tom

I wonder if the Sphere TC heatsink and fan are factory installed or we need to install them on our own. The assembly is quite high and it wont fit the 1/12 shell.
azmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #788
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmio
Tom

I wonder if the Sphere TC heatsink and fan are factory installed or we need to install them on our own. The assembly is quite high and it wont fit the 1/12 shell.

yep it looks like it won't fit under a 12th. personally i don't think you needthe fan, maybe just the heatsink at the most and cut a small flap in the bod above the esc that directs air onto it.

i mainly want the TC SPEC as it is beefed up. i am also interested in the "launch control" they advertise is this a new feature for the TCSPEC or is it on the old competition version as well? this is a nice feature for 12th.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #789
Tech Regular

tom

i am curently using my sphere comp for my 1/12. No heat sink or fan needed. So far no thermal shutdown occured.

The launch control is something new, never heard of it before for the sphere comp.
azmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

which one ESC is robust or better system from thermal problem , Lrp Sphere Comp or GTB ESC . need help
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #791
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt
which one ESC is robust or better system from thermal problem , Lrp Sphere Comp or GTB ESC . need help
They are pretty much the same. If you look over the Novak and LRP threads you will see equal numbers of each are running well or blowing up.

I run an LRP Comp since it is a little more compact over all.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #792
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, you won't need the LRP heatsink if your running 12th. It's really hard to even get it detectably warm.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #793
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach51
well, while my 1 day old sphere system is still at LRP for repairs, I picked up a used sphere competition system. I havent had time to really mess with it, I just programmed it. I noticed something, I turn the radio on, then I turn the speed controller on and it lunges forward just briefly like the throttle is blipped.

yes, I know how to program it.
No, the sub trim is not wrong on the radio, if it were it would continue to go forward.

Radio system is an M11 with Spektrum, failsafe on spektrum is programmed with throttle just at neutral.

anyone experience this with the LRP? Man, my novak was hook up and forget about it...
Same thing happened to mine but it went up in smoke. Since I preordered and paid for it from the LHS by the time it blew it was over the 120 days even though I only used it for a month. Sent it to AE in california and was told I would have to pay $114 to get it repaired. Jason there is just an A-hole, I have never dealt with such a rude CSR, don't believe me call him at 714 850 9342 ext 123. Last piece of LRP sh!t I have bought, used to be a big fan till this jerk.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #794
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
They are pretty much the same. If you look over the Novak and LRP threads you will see equal numbers of each are running well or blowing up.

I run an LRP Comp since it is a little more compact over all.
thanks you so much ..

do you already use with 3.5r .. ?
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #795
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

would it be safe to run the 3.5 with a shpere comp? it has a 3.5 motor limit, but would that make it not last as long? i run the 4* which is equivalent to their 5.5 i think, and its insane. im nto sure if you would want something that fast. i mean that would be incredibly fast.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote